PDA

View Full Version : 2005 BCM show/ Whats going on with it?

Firefighter Z
03-14-2005, 02:59 PM
Ok whats going on for the 2005 Brew City Muscle Monday Night Car Shows?

Are we changing to a diffrent location or staying in the same place...

Rumor has it that it might get relocated???

I know I'll be attending, anyone else?

Josh

BAD LS1
03-14-2005, 03:09 PM
Yeah the whole same 2 people there last year and those freindly, helpful stoner kids working there really made the trip worthwhile :rolf

I dont know where else would even allow us :confused

Silver350
03-14-2005, 03:22 PM
Should have yoosof see if we could put something together at BW3's on HWY 100. that would be pretty cool.

A B4C Z
03-14-2005, 03:36 PM
I just thought of it from the other post but what about Kopps on bluemound. Think off all the people that would acutally see the cars there with hoods open. You can see the place right off bluemound. Sure might attract some attention. But then again i see the fact that they would be giving all the prime parking spaces up.

Dont go back to BK that place blows and i think its really out of the way for most of the people. Well for me at least.
Kyle

jbiscuit
03-14-2005, 03:39 PM
I would agree that this needs to move to a new location. Muskego is too far out in the sticks for most people and the BK doesn't appreciate our business anyways. Kopps is a great suggestion actually. I also like the BW3's idea on Highway 100 (south of National)...GREAT location with LOTS of parking

Firefighter Z
03-14-2005, 03:55 PM
I like the BW3's idea at hwy also, cause Bluemound is way outta my way... HWY 100 is where all the action is at.

PonyKiller87
03-14-2005, 04:26 PM
BW3s would be a good spot if all the ricers and HS kids didnt hang out right there by Krispy Kreme.

We could check into the Culvers / Oconnor on HWY100 and Forest Home, They have a older hot rod time show on one night durning the week maybe they would be willing to add another show on a different night?

Yooformula
03-14-2005, 04:34 PM
Unfortunently the Bw3 location wont work because of the ricer population already. The residents of the apartments and homes behind them complain all the time about the noise now so the city has tight rules against almost anything we want to do there. They wont even let the store stay open past midnight during the week.

I agree the show should be moved....hell it should have moved a long time ago but its really hard to find store owners that are car happy. That BK was cool in the beginning but now it just sucks to go someplace where your business isnt even appreciated.

jbiscuit
03-14-2005, 04:40 PM
what about talking to the owner of Omega Frozen Custard on the corner of Layton and Highway 100?? He has a nice lot to the north there, though not all that big. I would push that the show runs from 6pm to 8pm or something like that so they know you will be out of there to free up some of the parking....just a suggestion. Maybe don't have it on Highway 100 then??? I would bet that more establishments would be on the band wagon should you be FAR AWAY from highway 100

A B4C Z
03-14-2005, 07:46 PM
A&W across from that Bp Station under the bridge down towards holz? They have good food and usally those places are associated with cars.

I like the culvers/gas staion idea.
Kyle

Firefighter Z
03-14-2005, 10:38 PM
Hey why not we have it at Georgie Porgies? I'm sure he would like for us to be there since he's a car guy and hell it will give him more business since people will see carshows on a Monday Nights and Friday Nights...

Howell Ave in Oak Creek is starting to get built up alot and more people are starting to populate/ travel the area more since the NEW Target opened up...
So theres a smooth road, speed limit is 40mph and not really that many lights like up at HWY 100..

What do you guys think?

Heat Seeker WS6
03-14-2005, 11:03 PM
I'm sure Georgies wouldn't mind the extra gauranteed business on Mondays.

BW3's has potential but seeing its on highway they may shy away from it- for sure it would be only a short matter of time before the cops got involved somehow and that show would come to an end.

97z2801ss
03-15-2005, 12:28 AM
If i remember right weds at Kopps is import night

JC70SS
03-15-2005, 11:54 AM
Well we should at least plan to meet up on Mondays at Oscars and take a few laps. What about the culvers on 124th st??

GRNDNL
03-15-2005, 12:11 PM
How about Tuesday nights at the Grove?....... :)

Losers (that be you Tom) buy the Nitro Burgers and Bud....... :D

97PontiacW68
03-15-2005, 12:11 PM
Or we could meet up at someone's house with a big driveway that isnt too far away from everyone .. or sutim lol i dk then hit up highway? i wouldnt mind having a crapton of fbodys all sittin in my driveway.. :thumbsup i have old neighbors wouldnt be ne complaints i dont think except for this cop that lives on my street but jus dont get on it like josh did that one nite that got me in trouble :(

BAD LS1
03-15-2005, 12:30 PM
How about Tuesday nights at the Grove?....... :)

Losers (that be you Tom) buy the Nitro Burgers and Bud....... :D

MMM nitro burger.... :drool:

:rolf

PonyKiller87
03-15-2005, 12:35 PM
Or we could meet up at someone's house with a big driveway that isnt too far away from everyone

I think it would be better to meet at some place that has food/gas or both. If not we could just meet in a park or at a school, pretty much any place that has a bigger lot??? Greenfield Park is pretty close to HWY.

jbiscuit
03-15-2005, 01:08 PM
Georgie Porgies is WAY far out there....if you thought Muskego was far, Oak Creek is a lot farther if you ask me. It would take me 40 minutes to get there one way. You wouldn't see me out there thats for sure.

Firefighter Z
03-15-2005, 03:38 PM
Well what ever the event cordinatior thinks and wants I guess goes then....

xsbc63x
03-15-2005, 08:33 PM
how about checkers cheeseburgers on fondulac ave????

97PontiacW68
03-16-2005, 08:15 AM
how far is fondulac(sp?) ave from the oak creek/south milwaukee/franklin area?

Firefighter Z
03-16-2005, 01:32 PM
Or we could meet up at someone's house with a big driveway that isnt too far away from everyone .. or sutim lol i dk then hit up highway? i wouldnt mind having a crapton of fbodys all sittin in my driveway.. :thumbsup i have old neighbors wouldnt be ne complaints i dont think except for this cop that lives on my street but jus dont get on it like josh did that one nite that got me in trouble :(

Mark you still didn't tell me where his front yard is at??? :thumbsup

Silver350
03-17-2005, 07:34 AM
Gorgies is way out of the way for me as well. It is a good suggestion. They have a huge lot. Lots of good food. I know they have a bike night there Wednesday night. Having a weeknight show there would make it hard for everyone to drive there.

Josh did you go to anymore bk shows? I heard a couple years ago you stopped going because there was too much "rice" for you liking.

Firefighter Z
03-17-2005, 12:08 PM
Yup Scott you are right cause there was to much RICE for my liking.

That why I suggested GP's, cause the shows I've been to I have not see any Rice there and theres probably a reason why there weren't allowed...
Where ever Rices lurks, police linger, trouble starts, innocent people get ticketed, cars show goes to hell, no one wants to go anymore.

If I had the power in which I don't I'd set it up at GP for monday nights and nobody likes it then tough shiat then. Thats why I didnt go to BK cause I didnt like it.

H3ll the Hardee's on Pennsylvania (sp?) and Layton Ave has Carshows I beleive on Wensday Nights could talk to them to see if the want more car there cause I've gone to a few CS's and they didnt have very many cars there, plus there lot is about the size of BK's.

Mssplayboybunie
03-17-2005, 12:17 PM
BK shows were so much fun when they first started, I remember I went one night and they had burnouts and so many people were there it was awesome, then as the years past maybe 3 to 4 cars showed up it just got pathetic and it was out of the way for a lot of people as well but then again thats when bk started to go down hill as well so it didnt help much. Need to fine a popular place thats convenient and will attract a lot of on lookers.

Jess

Firefighter Z
03-17-2005, 12:19 PM
I couldnt of said that better...

Cryptic
03-22-2005, 07:45 PM
I know the owner of Gus's in East Troy. I know I could get him to host.

http://www.gussdrivein.com/gallery/albums/7-17-04/CRW_0830.highlight.jpg

http://www.gussdrivein.com/gallery/albums/7-17-04/IMG_0672.sized.jpg

Silver350
03-23-2005, 06:52 AM
I heard about that gus's show last year. I think this year I might have to take a ride out there and check it out. But to me its way to far to dive on a weekly basis.

97PontiacW68
03-23-2005, 08:13 AM
:wooo East Troy ..?? how far is this place now? Doesn't seem close by :(

Cryptic
03-23-2005, 08:29 AM
my bad.. I didnt mean for the weekly show.. I ment the big one we normally do once a year.

Firefighter Z
04-05-2005, 12:10 AM
So did the Admini's come up with a set date for the weekly monday night BCM shows and where its goona be held at???

Cryptic
04-05-2005, 09:31 AM
my house... bring beer :goof

97PontiacW68
04-05-2005, 09:45 AM
:rolf .. are you saying you condone underage drinkin ;) haha jus kidding man :)

deciuss
04-05-2005, 09:49 AM
east troy is about 20 minits from newberlin. that drive in has lots of car shows and its in a nice aria. only thing is the lot is not all that big

FANAT1C
04-05-2005, 12:26 PM
east troy is about 20 minits from newberlin. that drive in has lots of car shows and its in a nice aria. only thing is the lot is not all that big

What, I mean who are you thinking of? lol :D

Poncho
04-05-2005, 02:55 PM
how about Toucan Custard in West Bend :goof

xsbc63x
04-05-2005, 05:21 PM
i think thaT copps idea is awesome

Yooformula
04-05-2005, 06:29 PM
Well, BK has officially pulled the plug on the shows. Probably for the best anyways since it was too much business for them. Any SERIOUS suggestions will be followed up so keep em coming guys! I do know that Greg at MMA setup a Mustang show on tuesday nights at Pistol Pete's that has been opened to all muscle cars but for Monday nights, its still open.

ExStyle
04-05-2005, 09:16 PM
I could ask Tom Saxe from Saxes Dining & Banquet in Delafield(right by the wales pick n save). The resteraunt is closed monday but if there was enough people showing up and wanting food I could probably arrange something. Let me know what you guys think the parking lot is HUGE.

Pig Pen
04-07-2005, 04:14 PM
I just thought of it from the other post but what about Kopps on bluemound. Think off all the people that would acutally see the cars there with hoods open. You can see the place right off bluemound. Sure might attract some attention. But then again i see the fact that they would be giving all the prime parking spaces up.

Dont go back to BK that place blows and i think its really out of the way for most of the people. Well for me at least.
Kyle

NO WAY DOOD!!! Thats the MWAS hang out, we dont want no mullets getting hair in our double scoop of the daily special. :goof

I used to work their, they will never, never, never, never, never, never, EEEEVVVEEERRR let this go down. The owner, Mack likes money waaaay more than cars, and having 10 to 25 cars in the back lot, which is owned by the Balisteri's and shared with Mama Mia's, will only keep his flow of familys from coming there. Its Brookfield for crips sake, they don't want burn outs in thier lot and dont' think to highly of cars that cost less than 40,000 bones brand new. I might suggest to not even waste your breath and look else where.

A B4C Z
04-07-2005, 05:58 PM
Its Brookfield for crips sake, they don't want burn outs in thier lot and dont' think to highly of cars that cost less than 40,000 bones brand new. I might suggest to not even waste your breath and look else where.

What if we all wore siuts and ties and threw some BMW/Mercedes emblems on the car :goof

T-Bag
04-07-2005, 07:06 PM
Well, BK has officially pulled the plug on the shows. Probably for the best anyways since it was too much business for them. Any SERIOUS suggestions will be followed up so keep em coming guys! I do know that Greg at MMA setup a Mustang show on tuesday nights at Pistol Pete's that has been opened to all muscle cars but for Monday nights, its still open.

That's not at pistol pete's...it's at wayne's drive-in in cedarburg. Pistol Pete's has their show every wednesday and EVERY car is welcome. That would be a good idea though (pistol pete's), only 5 minutes from me :thumbsup

Red96Noma
04-07-2005, 09:17 PM
The saxes idea is probably very doable. It is located about a mile and half south of I-94 on hwy 84, and about 1/4 mile west on hwy 18. Being employees there me and jason could probably pull some strings. The only problem which really wouldn't be a problem is that volleyball starts up in the summer, and that would mean people parking in the lot, but they usually park on the sides by the courts.
We'ld be there before them most likely too.

Pig Pen
04-07-2005, 11:40 PM
What if we all wore siuts and ties and threw some BMW/Mercedes emblems on the car :goof
Now your cooking with gas and a blow torch my friend! Brookfield people love Bovarian sex machines, no matter how much in actual build quality those cars might suck, they still love them. Now, slapping a BMW badge on a F-Body and saying its a hybrid might work in that zip code, but crossing back to the HWY might bring about annoying questions from confused ricers and hostility from those that didn't read this post.

Pig Pen
04-07-2005, 11:41 PM
That's not at pistol pete's...it's at wayne's drive-in in cedarburg. Pistol Pete's has their show every wednesday and EVERY car is welcome. That would be a good idea though (pistol pete's), only 5 minutes from me :thumbsup

I can spit and hit Pistol Petes. They seem to bring some nice cars in there, I can hear them from my house.

xsbc63x
04-08-2005, 08:13 PM
hwy 100 and layton omega would be nice i think the owner is a **** though

BadAzzGTA89
04-08-2005, 09:45 PM
How about the falls? Like B52's on appleton ave :rolleyes: I might be able to make that happen!

Silver350
04-11-2005, 07:17 AM
I like the Idea of Pistol Petes. They might allow us to have a monday night late model show there. The wednesday night show is starting to get more popular so you have to go there early for a spot on the concrete.

jbiscuit
04-11-2005, 10:21 AM
Omega I think is run by the sport trucks and Dodge Avenger crowd with neons....its a sweet location but I think that turf has been claimed already.
A "Late Model" night would be cool but finding a good spot seems pretty tough. What about Oscars in Waukesha?

jbiscuit
04-11-2005, 10:23 AM
ANOTHER SUGGESTION....

what about Leon's on 27th and Oklahoma????? That might be a cool place!

FANAT1C
04-11-2005, 11:30 AM
The wednesday night show is starting to get more popular so you have to go there early for a spot on the concrete.

Parking should be better this year. Pistol Pete has graded off and paved the Southeast corner of the parking lot giving us 25 additional, 125 total paved spaces for the WNC Car Show and it looks great. :headbang
BTW the first official show date is set for Wednesday may 18th, 5:30 to sunset. Hope to see some of you there.

xsbc63x
04-11-2005, 11:41 AM
parking is tight at leons, anyone get anything figured out???

Mssplayboybunie
04-11-2005, 12:22 PM
It would be neat if we could find a place thats convenient for almost everyone Leons would nice be but it gets packed to quickly..To bad there's not some place on the hwy that would be open to having bcm shows

JC70SS
04-11-2005, 12:32 PM
Parking should be better this year. Pistol Pete has graded off and paved the Southeast corner of the parking lot giving us 25 additional, 125 total paved spaces for the WNC Car Show and it looks great. :headbang
BTW the first official show date is set for Wednesday may 18th, 5:30 to sunset. Hope to see some of you there.

:thumbsup :banana

Firefighter Z
04-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Leons has gotten taken over the the 20 inch bling blingers, crotch rockets and ricers...
Right now that side of town looks pretty bad expesically in that area, now maybe 10 years ago that area would be ok.

Knyghtmare
04-11-2005, 05:36 PM
We need to come up with a set place to go soon. Its the middle of april already. :goof

T-Bag
04-11-2005, 06:15 PM
I still think pistol pete's is the best idea....TONS of cars go and they just paved the old gravel parking lot.

JC70SS
04-12-2005, 08:46 PM
what about Culvers on 124th st?

b4mytm
04-12-2005, 08:52 PM
Omegas on 27th right by Rawson?
They have a large parking lot,and it's not far off of I-94,so it's easy to get to.

97PontiacW68
04-13-2005, 08:07 AM
Good idea!

97z2801ss
04-13-2005, 11:12 AM
what about Culvers on 124th st?

could be on to something there :thumbsup

sidewayzbimmer
04-13-2005, 08:18 PM
My friend is the manager at culvers on 124th st. There is plenty of parking. Thry already have a 2 wheel tuesdays. I can talk to him, seems like a good idea though. Plenty of parking to keep in mind.
bryan

Nix
04-14-2005, 11:09 PM
What about that buffet place right bewteen culvers and that carwash on National? Iam sure we could use that as an overflow lot if the shows are at culvers??