PDA

View Full Version : Advice/help on buying bike.....

Brian98GTP
03-13-2005, 12:33 PM
Im pondering getting a used sportbike for the summer months...

Any places around here that's good to deal with??
...or to stay away from??
...know of anyone getting rid of one??

NOTE: I do have a Snowmobile Im trying to get rid of, so TRADES are DEFINATELY welcome...http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65788

Mileage doesnt really matter on the bike...

Im looking for something a few years old... maybe 98-2001 ish....
...and looking to spend no more than say.... 2500??
(Is that realistic for something with high(er) miles??)

An ideal one would be similar to a 98/99 Yamaha YZF600... the blue/silver color combo... :drool:

Any help, info, or tips are appreciated.... ;)

Brian

SmokinRAM114
03-13-2005, 12:48 PM
i race motorcycles..not street bikes but MX. i got a couple friends that work at port yamaha. also at Don and roys in brookfield and also at Yokum(spelling error). i dont know what your standards are weather you are a honda guy yamaha or doenst matter just color.but yes the new yamaha 600's are trick looking. i rode an 03' yamaha 600 last year that one of my friends had and also a new honda 600rr.both are very quik for 600's.imo don and roys are very easy people to deal with.i know almost all of the salesman. port has some assholes.

Used inventory- www.donandroys.com :thumbsup

RedGSX
03-13-2005, 01:57 PM
I'm on my second bike a '01 GSXR750. I'm partial to suzuki's for their looks, but everyone's tasts is different. All Pro Motorsports on hwy 164 is a pretty good place. They might even take your snowmobile as a trade-in, be worth checking out. They have a site too. http://www.allpromotorsportsinc.com/ online used gallery, Mark in sales is a good guy there to talk to.

UnderPSI
03-13-2005, 04:30 PM
I have a 2002 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R for sale for $4,500. If its out of your price range sorry, but it only has 2000 miles on it. Yellow and black.

v6camarogrl
03-13-2005, 11:00 PM
I was just out lookin at bikes over the weekend and Road Track and Trail in Big Bend was very helpful. They have a large inventory, all used. Sportland 2 on 13th street in Oak Creek also has some friendly people, not much of a used inventory though. Otherwise Yochum Motorsports in Germantown has some used bikes and I know people who work there :)

Just don't touch the Ninja 500 at Road Track and Trail though, I've got dibs on it... hopefully I'll be buyin it this weekend!! Finally! (it only took me 8 months to convince my parents I won't die on a bike... hence the 500cc, so I can't complain)

Cryptic
03-13-2005, 11:01 PM
dont post in this thread... post more in the drama thread :goof

Prince Valiant
03-13-2005, 11:07 PM
oh yeah? :flipoff2:

:goof

v6camarogrl
03-13-2005, 11:21 PM
drama? I see no drama here (thank god!)

SloFarmTruck
03-13-2005, 11:26 PM
I am sorry but don't buy a bike from Road Track and Trail. Have you ever actually looked at the bikes there. Half of them are missing pieces!! I say AllPro Motorsports. Prices are reasonable and the bikes are top notch.. just my pennies worth.

v6camarogrl
03-14-2005, 12:11 AM
Yes I have looked at the bikes at Road Track and Trail.... some of them do have things wrong with them but they will point it out to you... I looked on saturday and he stated how one of the bikes I was looking at had been dropped and even showed me how I could tell... they weren't trying to hide anything. As far as AllPro, everytime I've been there I've never actually had someone ask if I needed help or anything, where as at RT&T they were more than willing to help me find a bike. Just my experience though...

xsbc63x
03-14-2005, 12:45 AM
road track and trail is a ripoff go to illinois to get one people up here usually ask way too much for em. there was a 97 900 rr honda mint condition 9000miles for sale in illinois on one of the forums for 3700obo not sure if its still there

Silver350
03-14-2005, 08:52 AM
Wow a lot of people on here are getting bikes. We might have to organize a couple group rides. :thumbsup

JC70SS
03-14-2005, 09:15 AM
Try Cedar Creek too in Cedarburg. That is where I usually get my SKI-DOO's from.

UnderPSI
03-14-2005, 12:42 PM
Wow a lot of people on here are getting bikes. We might have to organize a couple group rides. :thumbsup

Or possibly get a Motorcycle forum in Brew City, There are plenty of people with bikes and plenty with fast bikes. Just an idea

Flight_740
03-14-2005, 12:48 PM
Im selling my bike. I just kind of got sick of it. it was fun when I bought it but it got old. I have a buyer in mind.

Brian98GTP
03-14-2005, 05:11 PM
Cool!
Thanks for the ideas guys!!... and gal... :thumbsup

I'll poke around all the listed places, and see for myself what they have to offer....
Doesnt hurt to look... ;)
Thanks!