PDA

View Full Version : So whats everyone doing with their tax returns?

GTSLOW
03-06-2005, 06:07 AM
I'm deciding weather to get a T56 or the GT35R and downpipe.

So what r u guys doing with it?

88camaro
03-06-2005, 09:18 AM
Part of its going to buying forged crank for my new motor.:banana The other part I having made up my mind.

SSmike1
03-06-2005, 09:37 AM
wow wee
is that money burning a hole in your pocket already?
I have a great idea, for your tax return,
Buy Uncle Mike
New Hawk Blue 9012 Front Brake Pads,
and Hawk HP + plus for rear pads,
and a new set of front stock Rotors!!!!!!!

I need it,
i will be racing my car at ROAD AMERICA, for 5 yes FIVE days next month.
I am signed up as an Driving Instructor for the NASA Event at RA,
April 8, 9, & 10th, and i get to Drive in their (TT) Time Trial events all 3 days,
http://www.racenasa.com/
and then,
I am signed Up for the MFBA event at RA, April 16 & 17th, 2 more days.
http://roadamerica.fbody.us/

Holy Smokes, I will be going through $200 Brake race Pads like water!!!!!!!
:banana

Nathaniel, Will you SPONSOR me??????? :)

Pretty Please! :banana

awsomeears
03-06-2005, 10:45 AM
either give my mom my $$$$$$$$$$$$

or buy my turbo :headbang

Or who freaking knows.

SlowStee
03-06-2005, 11:30 AM
I got my returns awhile ago...looooong gone :D

Al
03-06-2005, 12:15 PM
I'm thinking about putting a cage and other stuff in my integra and racing that this summer. If not my integra, I might trade it in for a better car.

I am also planning on buying an engine for my P51.

GTSLOW
03-06-2005, 03:52 PM
I'm thinking about putting a cage and other stuff in my integra and racing that this summer. If not my integra, I might trade it in for a better car.

I am also planning on buying an engine for my P51.

Hey thats a great idea!! When I used to be a corner worker @ Black Hawk Farms. They had tons of 4cylinder classes!

I still think the best is spec miata.

sriddccrocks
03-06-2005, 06:21 PM
one step closer to the tranny rebuild hehe :shades

theavenger333
03-06-2005, 06:52 PM
tires

fireguyrick
03-06-2005, 07:04 PM
Using it to fund my trip with the STi and the Forester XT to Toronto. That way I can get my gt35r setup done on the STi, and my take off parts tossed on the Forester XT.

Rick

GTSLOW
03-06-2005, 08:56 PM
Using it to fund my trip with the STi and the Forester XT to Toronto. That way I can get my gt35r setup done on the STi, and my take off parts tossed on the Forester XT.

Rick

Hey we'll both have gt35r's :D Whats the expected results?

Prince Valiant
03-06-2005, 08:58 PM
house mods....new water heater, new kitchen, new bath. No fun :(

fireguyrick
03-06-2005, 09:20 PM
Expected results on a 93 octane map at ~18-19psi is in the area of 400awhp.

A friend of mine (out of state) had that set up done, ran that PSI with a large TMIC and put down 405awhp. I will be running a larger FMIC, and I am planning on shooting for 20-21 psi, As I do not think my stock block can take anymore. I actually might pony up the extra cash and do a race gas map too....which should be in the area of 500awhp.

Rick

Stangman98
03-06-2005, 09:54 PM
Not getting a return. Have to pay in again this damn year. :fire

Yooformula
03-06-2005, 10:17 PM
I had to pay again this year but hopefully with the home purchase this year, this will be the last year I have to pay out for awhile.

Al
03-07-2005, 01:33 AM
Hey thats a great idea!! When I used to be a corner worker @ Black Hawk Farms. They had tons of 4cylinder classes!

I still think the best is spec miata.

But I really want a RWD car.

My brother works over at Sportscar Services in Mequon. He thinks that I should get into a vintage rwd car because the technology is maxed in that field and it can be very hard for people to get a "true" edge from modifications.

I don't know too much about british cars and other (affordable) vintage cars other than they...
-suck for reliability
-work like a "glove" around your hand
-they are easy to rebuild
-some have only 3 main bearings on a 4 cyl
-cause peers (I'm 22) to laugh at you
-supposedly cost very little
-lightweight
-use square-end wrenches (not hex (for some))

A famous saying from "woody" (insider thing):

"No smoking in the pits unless you are a British car"

Overall, this is a tough decision!

Scales
03-07-2005, 01:42 AM
Yeah, I'm takin my return to Vegas!! I was gonna stick it into the car, but hell, that's what overtime is for...

GTSLOW
03-07-2005, 02:12 AM
But I really want a RWD car.

My brother works over at Sportscar Services in Mequon. He thinks that I should get into a vintage rwd car because the technology is maxed in that field and it can be very hard for people to get a "true" edge from modifications.

I don't know too much about british cars and other (affordable) vintage cars other than they...
-suck for reliability
-work like a "glove" around your hand
-they are easy to rebuild
-some have only 3 main bearings on a 4 cyl
-cause peers (I'm 22) to laugh at you
-supposedly cost very little
-lightweight
-use square-end wrenches (not hex (for some))

A famous saying from "woody" (insider thing):

"No smoking in the pits unless you are a British car"

Overall, this is a tough decision!

Miata's are rwd :)

Al
03-07-2005, 11:01 AM
Miata's are rwd :)
I'm not the biggest fan of that car.

It would cost me a good amount to buy one and they also lack practicallity for daily use. If I did buy one, it would become my daily driver. Also, I can't fit a 2x4 in it. Hell, I cant even fit a 15 inch tv in the trunk!

I was thinking about other rwd 4cyl and then remembered wankle engines.

How about an NA RX7 from the 80's? They are usually cheap and are also known to go seasons without issues.

I was also thinking about a datsun Z (240 or 260) up in neuberg, but only if he comes down in price.

xsbc63x
03-08-2005, 08:52 AM
two chicks at once

BAD LS1
03-08-2005, 09:04 AM
two chicks at once

BWAHAHHAAHAHAHH

Somebody whos got their priorities straight :goof

Silver350
03-08-2005, 03:23 PM
I was going to get something for the bike but then the alternator went so the tax return got me a new one.

quickshiftn
03-08-2005, 03:38 PM
mines goin towards the downpayment on a new colorado :)

BAD LS1
03-08-2005, 03:41 PM

Z71 or z85 4x4? xtreme or reg 2wd? reg, ext, or crew cab? color?

turbogarrett
03-08-2005, 04:10 PM
I'm not the biggest fan of that car.

It would cost me a good amount to buy one and they also lack practicallity for daily use. If I did buy one, it would become my daily driver. Also, I can't fit a 2x4 in it. Hell, I cant even fit a 15 inch tv in the trunk!

I was thinking about other rwd 4cyl and then remembered wankle engines.

How about an NA RX7 from the 80's? They are usually cheap and are also known to go seasons without issues.

I was also thinking about a datsun Z (240 or 260) up in neuberg, but only if he comes down in price.

A 2nd gen rx7 would be a great choice for a budget road race car. The naturally aspirated rotary can go quite a long time without a rebuild and with the proper porting can spin 10k rpm and make 200+ rwhp. They also have a huge aftermarket, look good and have lots of room under the hood for other engines ;)

quickshiftn
03-08-2005, 06:58 PM
Z71 or z85 4x4? xtreme or reg 2wd? reg, ext, or crew cab? color?

z71, ext cab, and prolly dark red or dark green not sure yet

BAD LS1
03-08-2005, 07:49 PM
Dark green is a pretty classy color, my next truck will be a Duramax 2500HD i may get that hunter green color on that. :)

My truck is an ext cab Z71 4x4 in black, all emblems and decals taken off with a street scenes style grille. The front end is lifted 2 inches (cranked up the torsion bars) and took the front air dam lip off. Also have after market exhaust on it witha HUGE 4" big wazoo tip angled just like a 2500HD pipe.

http://img224.exs.cx/img224/2089/dsc021319fk.jpg

Crawlin
03-08-2005, 08:08 PM

removed

Nice trucks :)

Cryptic
03-08-2005, 08:20 PM
doubt I'll have a return this year :(

And you car sales guys quit plugging yourself in the forums.
If you want a spot(ad) on the board, PM me.

quickshiftn
03-08-2005, 08:25 PM
Braeger Chevrolet
414-281-5000

ask for Chris Minnich

I'm the Internet Sales and Lead Manager

I'll hook you up

thanx ill be callin soon hopefully.

Red97GTP
03-08-2005, 10:46 PM
With my $1500 I'll be doing headers, 3"DP, MSD ignition, modular pulley system and possibly lowering it or getting AE077's. You GP guys know what AE077's are! :thumbsup

Cryptic
03-08-2005, 11:32 PM
With my $1500 I'll be doing headers, 3"DP, MSD ignition, modular pulley system and possibly lowering it or getting AE077's. You GP guys know what AE077's are! :thumbsup

ahh... the headers come with the downpipe bro
and the ignition I dont believe is worth the money

Al
03-09-2005, 12:26 AM
A 2nd gen rx7 would be a great choice for a budget road race car. The naturally aspirated rotary can go quite a long time without a rebuild and with the proper porting can spin 10k rpm and make 200+ rwhp. They also have a huge aftermarket, look good and have lots of room under the hood for other engines ;)

They are cheap too.

On ebay, a mid 80's rx7 goes for 1400-1600 in very good cindition!

I'm just wondering how much they cost to rebuild. Anyone know?

USMARINE1108
03-09-2005, 02:58 AM
My Mac headers, ORY pipe, DMH electric cutout, and Pro 5.0 shifter will be here tomorrow..............does anyone else think it's funny that I pay my own salary? I'd give myself a raise, but I can't afford it!

turbogarrett
03-09-2005, 07:22 AM
They are cheap too.

On ebay, a mid 80's rx7 goes for 1400-1600 in very good cindition!

I'm just wondering how much they cost to rebuild. Anyone know?

It can cost anywhere from 1800 for a basic rebuild, to 4000 for an all out NA race motor. They are supposed to be fairly easy to rebuild, although I have never done it, you could save a bunch there. Porting templates are also available for the DIY'er.

As for the tax return, so far I have bought- powerslot rotors, ebc red pads, ss brake lines, rsr race springs, new oem upper strut mounts, nylon diff and trailing arm bushings, race toe links, and new street tires for the 7.
The gsx is finally going to be back on the road with new water pump,timing belt, rebuilt cylinder head and all new gaskets on the top half.

Teufelhunden
03-09-2005, 11:05 AM
I've got landscaping and a driveway to pour...if not for that, I'd buy myself a toy. :thumbsup

does anyone else think it's funny that I pay my own salary? I'd give myself a raise, but I can't afford it!

I thought everyone re-enlisted for god and country....lifers. :)

So whats basic pay for E-5 these days? I believe I was clearing $480 on the 1st/15th ten years ago and I never got much back for tax returns.

USMARINE1108
03-09-2005, 01:59 PM
I've got landscaping and a driveway to pour...if not for that, I'd buy myself a toy. :thumbsup

I though everyone re-enlisted for god and country....lifers. :)

So whats basic pay for E-5 these days? I believe I was clearing $480 on the 1st/15th ten years ago and I never got much back for tax returns.

As a Sgt (or an E-5 in any branch) basic pay is $1,900 and some change a month. I also get BAH (they give me extra $ to live off base) which is another $1,200 and some change per month. After taxes, I see around $1,400 on the 1st and 15th. Not too bad.

Al
03-20-2005, 01:37 AM
It can cost anywhere from 1800 for a basic rebuild, to 4000 for an all out NA race motor. They are supposed to be fairly easy to rebuild, although I have never done it, you could save a bunch there. Porting templates are also available for the DIY'er.

As for the tax return, so far I have bought- powerslot rotors, ebc red pads, ss brake lines, rsr race springs, new oem upper strut mounts, nylon diff and trailing arm bushings, race toe links, and new street tires for the 7.
The gsx is finally going to be back on the road with new water pump,timing belt, rebuilt cylinder head and all new gaskets on the top half.

Well, I've seen kits that go for about 400 for a complete overhaul (not including block work). I'm assuming that a rotor is a bit easier to work on than a piston engine. As for the ports, I heard that there is some guy across the border who has a cnc program for the mazda rotor engines and it is very cheap.

BTW- I'd race showroom stock for a while and then do some modding for IT or a GT category...

or I could add a few extra rotors and go unlimited...
http://www.4rotor.com/images/4rotor-animation.avi

GTSLOW
03-20-2005, 03:42 PM
Well I just got mine, a little change of plans. Looks like I'm buying a pretty beatup t56 for 600 and searching for an 8.5" rear end! :thumbsup

fireboverd
03-20-2005, 05:51 PM
I'm going to become the Mac tool guy's best friend. :thumbsup