PDA

View Full Version : I drove an 05 GTO!!!

TransAm12sec
03-02-2005, 08:15 AM
And loved it. The exhaust tone is much more intense, the brakes look much meaner, along with the rear. The car was at sommers, a yellow six speed.

UnderPSI
03-02-2005, 08:17 AM
When are you picking it up :D No really, you should get one

TransAm12sec
03-02-2005, 02:06 PM
I'm the lot boy there, and I would need a loan that lasted a loooooooong time.

Silver350
03-02-2005, 02:34 PM
Where did you test drive it? Did they require money down? John Paul Greenfield Pontiac requires a $1,000 payment that is non refundable. Witch is total BS

fireguyrick
03-02-2005, 04:21 PM
Where did you test drive it? Did they require money down? John Paul Greenfield Pontiac requires a $1,000 payment that is non refundable. Witch is total BS

Wow, that is pretty shitty. I have NEVER been denied a test drive EXCEPT ONCE at Saturn of Greenfield on a Used Audi A4. I was so pissed off I went over to International Audi and bought a Used A4 there that was newer and more pricey....drove right back to the salesman showed him the bill of sale and said I wanted to speak to his manager......I got a big apology from everyone there.

Rick

SloFarmTruck
03-02-2005, 05:12 PM

I think you missed the "I'm a lot boy" part of his quote. which generally means he gets to drive the cars for free!! Prolly the only lot boy perk that I can think of.

Rocket Power
03-02-2005, 10:07 PM
They wouldn't be seeing my $1000, they be seeing my bare a$$ moonin' them :goof

If a place is going to be like that, then they don't want my money very bad, because they'd never see a penny after pulling that crap

Silver350
03-03-2005, 06:56 AM
I have a friend that works there and is a supervisor and he said for $1000 he would get me the keys. He said the reason why they do that is to prevent someone that isnt interested in buying the car from driving on it or beating on it. They did the same thing with the TA's when they were out.

Maybe I will have to talk to another friend there the one that his father owns the dealership.

And yes I missed the lot attendant part

Black98GT
03-03-2005, 01:31 PM
A guy I new who has an 01 Mustang GT took it to Hiller on HWY 100 in Franklin, and they wanted cash to test drive an '03 Cobra. That is lame, who wants to buy a 30,000 car without having driven it. Im sure they do it to discourage people fdrom coming in and just trying to take it for a spin, but still. If they sense you're a serious buyer, what is the harm

946speedz
03-03-2005, 03:56 PM
i agree with all you guys, i went to a dodge dealership a while back i was out test driving cars, i was looking for a sporty lil 4 banger and i just left the subaru after test driving brand new wrxs, so i pulled up to the dodge dealership with my fiance and a lady came up to me and asked if i was interested in purchasing the SRT-4 i told her that yeah its on my list and i asked if i could test drive it, she told me that she wasnt sure if i knew but its a really powerfull car and most people arent used to that kind of power. and arent able to handle it so they discourage test driving the SRT-4, it was used with 30,000 plus miles and already had the dealer plate on it so it must have already been out, i was furious, i have a letter ready to be sent to the manager of the dealership, the nerve with the economy the way it is you would think they would want to welcome business not try to push it away

GTSLOW
03-03-2005, 08:38 PM
the nerve with the economy the way it is you would think they would want to welcome business not try to push it away

Werd!

How is it in the foriegn car market? Can you go to a honda dealer and test drive an s2000 without being asked for a grand? Can you go to a subaru dealer and test drive an sti without being hassled???????

lotsals1
03-04-2005, 08:25 PM
hehe try greenfeild pontiac --they let me test drive 5 different t/a's when i was looking and let me take it for 2 hrs or so a few times

fireguyrick
03-04-2005, 11:50 PM
Werd!

How is it in the foriegn car market? Can you go to a honda dealer and test drive an s2000 without being asked for a grand? Can you go to a subaru dealer and test drive an sti without being hassled???????

Actually, I had no issues test driving a S2000 back in 2002. They only asked for my DL. I was 21 and pulled up in a Ford Explorer. I am sure they were glad that they let me drive it too, as I bought it that same day.

I test drove 2 STi's, an 04 and my 05. Both from different dealerships. Of course, I was driving a modified 04 WRX at the time....

Rick

Silver03SRT
03-29-2005, 08:29 PM
my friend just bought an 04 yellow gto the thing is very nice. cant wait till he breaks it in so we can go to the track and see if the 4 bannger can keep up.

davidrab
03-30-2005, 07:09 PM
Last year, when my friend was interested in a 350Z, the dealer we went to
said that she couldn't take it for a drive unless she signed papers! I was
driving my almost new Lincoln LS (they shouldn't have thought we couldn't
afford it) and her, her boyfriend, and me are all well over 30. Pissed her off
to no end and she let them know it (no letter writting there). On the same
day, the nice salesman*cough* at Greenfield Buick/Pontiac who was showing
us a GTO (she didn't really want one, but we were looking) was telling us
about the "plenty" of horsepower (he later said 260) and where the
windshield washer fluid goes :rolleyes: At another dealership, the salesman
was "letting us in" on a secret: the G35 coupe can beat an M3 in every
performance aspect :rolleyes: Finally we stopped at, the then, Venus Ford
to take a look at a Cobra (which she REALLY wanted) and the salesman
nearly threw the keys at her to take it for a test drive. Guess what (this
might come as a surprise to the other dealers), she bought one that day.
They even searched for one in the color she wanted and even after that,
gave her a pretty good deal.

When I was getting my GTO, I went to a couple of dealers, found the one
that didn't treat me like they were doing me a favor, and told them what I
wanted. They found it, and I made the deal that day. Seems simple to me.
I don't expect a salesman to know EVERYTHING about a car (although I am
expected to almost everything about what I am doing in my line of work),
but please, get a clue.

I have to drive an '05 GTO. Probably won't trade in my '04 (got a pretty good
deal on it), but it would be nice to see what they are like. I still have to
decide if it's worth getting it tuned if I am not going to go to crazy with the
mods (I see an '07 Cobra in my future).

nitrous
03-30-2005, 10:44 PM
If anyone wants to test drive an STI and you don't mind driving to Racine, I can get you hook ups at Gentile.