PDA

View Full Version : Why I missed out on Saturday :(

SMS 1
02-27-2005, 03:51 PM
Some stupid whore talking on a cell phone in a Ford Explorer azzpacked us on the freeway Saturday afternoon. We were at a dead stop (I43 south at the whale wall) due to the traffic backed up getting onto I-94 west. Estimating from the skid marks (which were only about 1.5 car lenghts long, she didn't see us until the very last second) I'd say she hit us at about 45-50mph. The damage really doesn't look too bad at all until you start to inspect it closer. Ended up spending almost 6 hours at the hospital while they checked wife and baby out. We're all OK, just REALLY sore today :stare

Good thing it was a beater, but damn our luck with cars lately sucks ass :mad:

http://www.aurigenmedia.com/jimmy/IMG_7141.jpg

http://www.aurigenmedia.com/jimmy/IMG_7144.jpg

http://www.aurigenmedia.com/jimmy/IMG_7146.jpg

Bent the frame enough to even make the rear seat crooked :stare It really doesn't look like it in the pics but this thing is pretty much toast. The frame is kinked above both rear shock mounts (worse on left side :durr ) the roof is kinked and bent above the left rear door, all the doors on the left side are pushed together (right side pulled apart) the whole rear end is shifted about a good 1.5" or so, the thing dogtracks pretty good going down the road now, floor is bent, window ect.

How the hell did that left rear window NOT break?! :stare

I'm just glad it wasn't worse!

Hey Mike, consider it for another trade in? :goof

Flight_740
02-27-2005, 04:17 PM
Damn, Im glad everybody was ok. Thats gotta be scary with the baby in the car.

Did she have insurance? You should make out ok if she did.

Bring it in, I'll give you what it's worth on trade. :rolf :rolf

Cjburn
02-27-2005, 04:21 PM
I was rearended once on the expressway in a very similar situation actually. I was at a complete stop because some stupid ***** stopped in the 3rd lane on the expressway because the off ramp was full of cars. I was able to stop, the guy behind me wasn't, luckily enough for me he was driving a little Volkswaggen. I was 20 years old, and thought I still had insurance through my mother, whom was kind enough to drop me without telling me, even though I paid for that month up front (we were having a ton of family issues). The guy who hit me had no insurance, no license, and no license plates. He was issued at least 4 different tickets from that accident. I got nothing from the accident and didn't even bother to take the guy to court. He had 2 different judgements on him at the time. It cost about 1K to fix, a friend new a guy who did body work for really cheap, didn't look perfect, but it was ton better than before.

Cryptic
02-27-2005, 07:10 PM
damn dude... I was really looking forward to everyone showing up.

Glad your alright.

SMS 1
02-27-2005, 08:29 PM
So what'dya think Mike about $5?!

I think the thing that pissed me off about the whole thing after it was all done and over was the fact that she screwed up our entire weekend :fire I really wanted to get out last night. I talked to J at about 5:30 last night though and we'll probably re-scheudle a new outing if you're up for it Andy :shades BTW: looks like some nice shots in your other post, I'll have to go back and check them out again in a bit.

Scales
02-27-2005, 10:13 PM
Wow Ben, that sucks!!! Glad everyone is ok though!!

88camaro
02-27-2005, 10:40 PM
Good thing that everyone is ok, I bet that trailer hitch did a number to their car. Its not even bent. I guess that answers your question you had before.

Al
02-28-2005, 12:40 AM
Good thing you all made it out all right!

So...what did the other car look like?

theavenger333
02-28-2005, 01:01 AM
Good thing that everyone is ok, I bet that trailer hitch did a number to their car. Its not even bent.

SMS 1
02-28-2005, 07:14 AM
Well we got hit by a 92-94ish Ford Explorer so this was a total frame to frame hit. That's I guess really why the damage doesn't look all that bad there was nothing soft to bend like fenders and such. Her front bumper was pushed back to the front tires and for some reason the thing wouldn't start afterwards so it had to be towed out (also I think she may have cracked the radiator cause of the leak I saw in the front on the ground?) But otherwise hers really didn't look all that bad either. The fire/sheriff dept. on the scene classified the damage to both vehicles as "minimal" :stare Trust me if you look around for a couple of minutes there is nothing minimal about it!

And ya I don't think I have any doubt on whether or not to fix this thing anymore! :goof

v6camarogrl
03-01-2005, 10:17 PM
Sounds like saturday was just a bad day to be driving on the freeway.... I had a scary experience as well, and yes, unfortunately an f-body was injured :( (not mine though)

Glad to hear everyone's ok though

Teufelhunden
03-02-2005, 07:05 AM
If someone hit me like this a made my family go to the hospital.....I'd unload with both barrels. Your pain is worth something, don't let the idiot off easy. I think you got yourself a new car/suv/minivan. :)

Do you and your wife have whip lash? When I was hit like this my whip lash didn't flare up until a day later, and it sure did hurt. It was a lot of fun driving with that neck. Any little bump in the road made it hurt. Even getting out of bed was a challenge. Make some phone calls if you haven't already.

SMS 1
03-02-2005, 08:39 AM
If someone hit me like this a made my family go to the hospital.....I'd unload with both barrels. Your pain is worth something, don't let the idiot off easy. I think you got yourself a new car/suv/minivan. :)

Do you and your wife have whip lash? When I was hit like this my whip lash didn't flare up until a day later, and it sure did hurt. It was a lot of fun driving with that neck. Any little bump in the road made it hurt. Even getting out of bed was a challenge. Make some phone calls if you haven't already.

Ya, you know I hate to sound like the gold digger but that is just one of the reasons WE insisted she go to the hospital to get checked out, just to make sure it was on record. I also had it documented in the reports on the scene that I was pretty sore (which is not BS) we spent all weekend on the couch and in bed barely able to move and are still awfully sore today. I actually have a doctor appt in about an hour and a half over it. Definately hurts like hell and to make things worse, this is still the only running driveable vehicle I have right now. So the fact that the frame is a little shorter between the spring perches in the left rear makes it ride like a go cart with plastic wheels. Trust me if you don't know how BAD the roads are in Wisconsin right now take a ride in this thing with me :fire

We have made a couple calls and trust me I am not going to let this go easy. We have a VERY strong case here. I will however refrain from too much more detail in case the P.I.'s are still lurking around :rolleyes:

Thanks again everyone for the concern we really appreciate the support from our extended family here at BCM :thumbsup

Teufelhunden
03-02-2005, 09:11 AM
Ya, you know I hate to sound like the gold digger

No way....you sound like a father who's looking out for his family. :thumbsup

Flight_740
03-02-2005, 09:31 AM
No way....you sound like a father who's looking out for his family. :thumbsup

Exactly. If it were you, the girl would probably take you to the cleaners.

SMS 1
03-02-2005, 09:33 AM
Exactly. If it were you, the girl would probably take you to the cleaners.

No kidding. Ang just got hit by some other beeotch not paying attention like 3 months ago and the chick was trying to come after her!

I'm just really afraid this chick isn't insured and we'll still be screwed in the end :rolleyes:

BTW Mike I see you still have that Black Tahoe w/138K on it huh? In my price range :D I just don't think we could hack the fuel mileage :crying