PDA

View Full Version : GN name may be coming back

PARALYZER
02-25-2005, 08:26 AM
Interesting article I found at work.

General Motors is counting on the rear- wheel-drive mechanical underpinnings it calls its "Zeta architecture" to boost its Pontiac GTO, provide Chevrolet with a new Camaro and help revive Buick.
The next-generation Pontiac GTO will arrive as a 2008 model. It will be longer than the current imported model, and GM will shift production from Australia to North America. It also seems likely the styling will be more what traditional GTO lovers expected.
Chevrolet gets a Camaro replacement from Zeta, although the timing isn't clear.
Buick gets several models starting with a flagship sedan that will launch in late 2006, as a 2007 model.
Then there will be either a coupe and convertible combination or just as a convertible, which will hit showrooms in mid-2007.
I expect it to be powered by a 6.0-liter V8 or a twin-turbo V6 that will offer more than 400 horsepower as the power plant, Buick may be bringing back the Grand National badge as either the model name or high performance variant

UnderPSI
02-25-2005, 09:18 AM
About Time

PB86MCSS
02-25-2005, 10:08 AM
Should only be for a 2 door mid size car thats turbo-ed if they call anything a Grand National. Blacked out too of course....a 4 door or V-8 GN would just seem weird. Nice to hear the newer plans for more RWD's though :).

sriddccrocks
02-25-2005, 11:55 AM
thats gonna be kick ass, hope they do it!

Nix
02-25-2005, 08:18 PM
Agreed, that will defnatiley be sweet, we need to have more rwd performance cars, not like what they did to they do the Impala, that was a total joke. Then they had to go and do the same thing to the Malibu, that was also a cruel and horrible joke. Its just like back in the 80's when they brought back the LeMans, it was a friggin ford Festiva for cryin outloud :crying . thats just my opnion though which dosent really mean jack fo' shizzle :D

sriddccrocks
02-25-2005, 09:32 PM
yea they really do need more RWD cars, BRING BACK THE MUSCLE CAR ERA!!! :headbang

cookie monster
02-26-2005, 01:27 AM
I just think GM should do what ford did, if their gona bring back a classis name, at least make it look like it. Ford cant keep the 05s on the floor. GM should do that maybe with the vette or soon to be camaro. But i think the GN woul dbe the most respectiful if they did. None of the GTO crap. dont get me wrong, not bad cars. but if their gona make a car that just looks like a grand prix on steroids, Why dont they just make a Nova SS and make it look like a new Malibu. Just dont see why everything looks the same now.

lotsals1
02-26-2005, 06:45 PM
It doesnt even pay to buy or build anything right now --as long as this hp battle goes on or untill the epa cracks down on the auto manufactures -It would just be pointless because some punk kid will just get one and put a filter on it and compete. Thats why its go big or nothing at all -twin turbo domestic 6 would be bad azz --they better bring back the T/A also something tells me that the domestic GTO and the Camaro will be the same car --GM is famous for that.