PDA

View Full Version : Agostino Racing Engines 382 All Bore

Crawlin
02-21-2005, 01:14 PM
Agostino Racing Engines 382 All Bore motor(LS1)

Just the shortblock. Car put down 460rwhp with a decent head/cam/intake. Here are the specs:
__________________________________________________ _______________
LS1 382 – 388 CID Big Bore
Application: Naturally Aspirated / NO2 / Blower / Turbo
* 388ci with 4.120” Bore is for Naturally Aspirated Application Only
Resleeved LS1/LS6 Aluminum Block
Finished Bore 4.100” – 4.120” Bore x 3.622” Stroke
Refinished & Magnafluxed 3.622” Factory GM Crankshaft with Radiused Oil Holes
Lunati/Callies/Eagle 4340 Connecting Rods - 6.125” Length
Custom Ross/Diamond Forged Pistons with Valve Reliefs (.650+ Lift Cams)
Childs and Albert/Speedpro File Fit Ring Set
Clevite H Series Race Bearings
Custom Cam (Hydraulic - Your Choice) (242/250 & 612/619 112 currently)
Double Roller Timing Chain
LS6 Modified Oil Pump
Rotating Assembly Fully Balanced
Engine Blueprinted
LS1 ARP Main Studs

Price: $5,700.00 USD plus Engine Core
Options
Custom 7/16 Main Studs (Parts/Labor) - $350
O-Ring Block with Copper Head Gaskets - $400
Dowelled Billet Main Caps - $POR
* Short Blocks are manufactured to the highest standards and include only the highest quality components.
* Our assemblies are lined honed, square decked. All clearances meticulously checked and camshaft degreed.
__________________________________________________ _____________

Personally, and the price is reflecting this "advice", I would freshen it up a bit. The engine, like most LS1's, and specifically modified forged piston ones, have piston slap on warm up. This engine has the same. Once up to operating temperature, you don't hear anything. I've worried about it and talked to many people, and they say that it's fine. But I'm picky in this instance. So a little cleanup hone and some new pistons, you'll have a fresh engine and can run a tighter tolerance and get rid of that piston slap. Figure with $1000 AT MOST investment, you'll have a perfectly running engine. If you aren't as picky as I am, then you'll have an even better deal.

I'm asking $3500 w/o core. Most places charge $800 for a core, which puts the total price of the ARE shortblock at $6500. Invest $1000 into it, and you are still $2000 short of what it cost through them. We can possibly work a deal with exhange for your block/shortblock.

Chris

Crawlin
04-20-2005, 01:37 PM
SOLD

Ben, good luck with the engine. It's not much to look at obviously just sitting there but you'll be happy with it. Hopefully we can get this swap going soon. Question, did you need the pan as well or any of the sensors? Or did you want to swap those too? Doesn't matter to me. Everyone watch out for a NBM Trans Am running around these parts now ;)

NBM01TA
04-21-2005, 07:41 PM
Oh sht, i didn't evn see this post till now. Thanks for getting back to me and finally working something out. Hopefully you find the bike you want, or are you buying that '98 GSX-R750 you were talking about the other day? If I see anything in this region i'll let you know when i see it. Hopefully i can beat your high 11 sec time, sally shifter!!! i'll show you what this motor can really do. so is next saturday good for you to pick up? work till 5pm right? how much more till it's out? maybe we can get it out after we all get back from jefferson? let me know!

Ben