PDA

View Full Version : Contingency ................. ?

awsomeears
02-19-2005, 12:40 PM
I was talking to a buddy last year and he was talking about contingency money, now he BS's alot so what ever he said ill take as BS.

What he told me what that if your running lets say eagle rods in any motor doesnt matter and your in a drag day other then open races and you come in 1st they will give you some $

^ sounds easy to me, but theres gotta be more ^

So what is Contingency ;)

Crawlin
02-19-2005, 12:50 PM
Yep...

that is why you see the stickers on the back windshield of cars. If you are running BFG Drag Radials in a drag radial event and win, you get money, if you qualify first you get some money. now, there's a better, more in depth explanation of it and how it works and how much money gets dispersed, but i've never run a heads up class that gave out money like that.

It's small money, maybe $150 a race for some things, but it adds up.

awsomeears
02-19-2005, 01:16 PM
Yep...

that is why you see the stickers on the back windshield of cars. If you are running BFG Drag Radials in a drag radial event and win, you get money, if you qualify first you get some money. now, there's a better, more in depth explanation of it and how it works and how much money gets dispersed, but i've never run a heads up class that gave out money like that.

It's small money, maybe $150 a race for some things, but it adds up.

WOW

So every event can/maybe be contingency ?

Who makes that call........

GRNDNL
02-19-2005, 01:29 PM
WOW

So every event can/maybe be contingency ?

Who makes that call........

Any race that the sponser wants to pay you a contingency........

I've got a few decals on my car from contingency sponsers for the race series I run......I get paid if I finish 1st ($150) or 2nd ($75), I've never been paid in cash, always just a credit on parts.......

I friend of mine that ran EZ Street back in the day could have won $1500 on contingency alone if he would have won (never did).

awsomeears
02-19-2005, 03:57 PM
Any race that the sponser wants to pay you a contingency........

I've got a few decals on my car from contingency sponsers for the race series I run......I get paid if I finish 1st ($150) or 2nd ($75), I've never been paid in cash, always just a credit on parts.......

I friend of mine that ran EZ Street back in the day could have won $1500 on contingency alone if he would have won (never did).

Is there a list of contingency sponsers. Off the top of my head some parts are Eagle and Wiseco and ummm Mopar OEM lol :rolf

How do you get hooked up in this ?

- Brad -

GRNDNL
02-19-2005, 04:27 PM
Is there a list of contingency sponsers. Off the top of my head some parts are Eagle and Wiseco and ummm Mopar OEM lol :rolf

How do you get hooked up in this ?

- Brad -

Generally sponsers will pay on races in a points series, all you have to do is find a series you want to run, find out who is paying contingency, buy products from them and then display one of there stickers.........Oh, and then theres the issue of going out and acually winning a race..... :D

awsomeears
02-19-2005, 08:30 PM
Generally sponsers will pay on races in a points series, all you have to do is find a series you want to run, find out who is paying contingency, buy products from them and then display one of there stickers.........Oh, and then theres the issue of going out and acually winning a race..... :D

hmmmmmm very interesting :thumbsup