PDA

View Full Version : um no more 305 for me

junk mx6 no rly
02-18-2005, 08:54 PM
Okay is there anyone in wisconsin thats got a big block in there thirdgen im going with a 496 and some other goodies for it.this summer should be fun lots o torque :headbang :fire

Syclone0044
02-19-2005, 04:07 PM
That's totally awesome man - is it going to be a stock motor or a race motor? :stare I love big blocks; I will trade you a ride in my truck for a ride in your camaro when its done :D :headbang :thumbsup

junk mx6 no rly
02-20-2005, 01:03 AM
sorry i wont..

cuz i cant i only own a firebird formula that im going to put a big block in lol
hence WS6 :wooo :devil

oh yeah its going to be a lil built but im thinking about using a 75 or 100 shot for some fun with forged pistons and rods for now.

Syclone0044
02-20-2005, 12:53 PM
I know my truck sounds like a turd but I'll bet it makes more torque than a N/A Big Block :stare No joke. So keep me in mind if you reconsider. :shades

SMS 1
02-21-2005, 08:01 AM
sorry i wont..

cuz i cant i only own a firebird formula that im going to put a big block in lol
hence WS6 :wooo :devil

oh yeah its going to be a lil built but im thinking about using a 75 or 100 shot for some fun with forged pistons and rods for now.

Hmmm you better be careful with your next words here because I already believe, mainly from this post, that you have absolutely NO IDEA about much of anything. Here is a tip, if you are trying to BS and sound like you know about thing you do not, you better be a good researcher or people here will tear you apart.

Have a nice day :goof

Teufelhunden
02-21-2005, 11:00 AM
His sig from another post... :rolleyes:

89 Firebird Formula-496 ci with t56-6speed with 3.73's or 3.42's should be in the 10's and maybe some happy gas/89 Ford Probe GT turbo-2.2 turbo stock with boost leak ran 15.4 have t3/t4 turbo,full exhaust,fully ported intake and heads with 5-angle valve job and zombie chip should be in the 13'sto 12's on stock tires.

DirtyMax
02-21-2005, 12:24 PM
Is it just me or does reading posts from people who take no time to capitalize or punctuate give anyone else a headache?

Syclone0044
02-21-2005, 08:10 PM
:flipoff2:

Sheesh I try to give a guy props for his car and he sh1ts all over me, http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies2/turd.gif

You know what? F u c k you buddy! Show me something that runs and maybe I'll care. I am ashamed that I even replied to this post in the first place offering you jack-sh1t. :rolleyes:

loud91rs
02-21-2005, 08:19 PM
Woah what a jerk. Maybe he doesn't know that he's not the only one with a trans am ::EDIT:: firebird not trans am :rolleyes: around here...camaros are better anyways :chair: I would taken you up on your offer for sure! Anybody think this is another one of our tools that comes and goes?

junk mx6 no rly
02-21-2005, 11:47 PM
WOW :rolf :rolf :wow

everyone calm down i was just playing around about the not giving you a ride thing thats what the (............) were for lol oh and for those of you who dont think that i know what im doing keep thinking that i know what im doing i just didnt decide to do this 1 day ive alreay got the motor and the BBc headers from hooker and the motor mounts. all i need is the rear end.
wow everyone needs to chill :goof oh yeah and the puncuation thing i dont really care if your worried about that then thats what school papers are for.

SlowStee
02-22-2005, 12:36 AM
Im pretty sure Josh's Syclone would eat the amateur's ride anyways :devil ....This guy doesnt know **** about it...hahahaha

SMS 1
02-22-2005, 07:21 AM
i only own a firebird formula that im going to put a big block in lol hence WS6

A big block firebird is not a WS6.

Do you know anything about engine combo's at all or did you overhear a guy one time talking about how he cracked some cast pistons or something? 75-100 is not much for a BB that is in good shape. All that aside, you should consider some of the other parts before just throwing things at it.

i know what im doing i just didnt decide to do this 1 day ive alreay got the motor and the BBc headers from hooker and the motor mounts. all i need is the rear end.

I don't know who told you what, or at what roller rink but you are going to need a few more parts than that big boy.

Here is a tip, if you are trying to BS and sound like you know about thing you do not, you better be a good researcher or people here will tear you apart.

I forgot to tell you I might be one of them :goof

BTW: Just how do you plan on reaching your goal displacement of 496ci anyway? Really, I want to hear this from YOU :confused

DirtyMax
02-22-2005, 10:05 AM
oh yeah and the puncuation thing i dont really care if your worried about that then thats what school papers are for.

Keep telling yourself that fry guy at Burger King is a respectable profession as well....

junk mx6 no rly
02-22-2005, 04:56 PM
uh a 454 bored .60 over and stroked final stroke to be 4.25" with a bore of 4.310" oh yeah if you would of took the time to know me you would know that i dont like to use nitrous im not that way.also i know that 100 isnt much for a bbc seeing as my 305 tbi motor can handle a 100 shot with stock internals.also the car isnt called ws6 for the type of motor its called ws6 because the suspension & rims and tires thats why they have ws6 350 tpi's and ws6 305tbi's, :goof

wow still tension/and when did i say anything desrespectfull to him i was jus kidding/man :alcoholic

SloFarmTruck
02-22-2005, 05:55 PM
Da*n you F-Body guys are funny :rolf I think I am going to build up an 81 301 turbo powered camaro with a ws6 package from a newer body style. and its gonna have one T-top.(I don't car about the passanger they can buy there own). And to think I thought the mustang guys were nuts. I think you are both equal. Lets let the guy build his car and bring it out when its done..until then good luck with the project..sheesh :D just my 2 cents which nobody asked for so can I get some change...

junk mx6 no rly
02-22-2005, 10:36 PM
ok mercury not good enough to be a lol ford LOL thats bad :loser

SMS 1
02-23-2005, 07:53 AM
a 454 bored .60 over and stroked final stroke to be 4.25" with a bore of 4.310"

OK, so you do know :goof Just checking to make sure you weren't reading a brochure for the 8100 Vortec or something.

Couple other things though, your words . . .

cuz i own a firebird formula that im going to put a big block in lol hence WS6
Then . . .

the car isnt called ws6 for the type of motor its called ws6 because the suspension & rims and tires thats why they have ws6 350 tpi's and ws6 305tbi's

Partially correct. I remember Ram Air WS6 (TPI 5.7L) but no TBI 305. I believe the TBI boat anchors had pretty much exited stage left by 1995 altogether. WS6 wasn't even available until after that and was among other things, primarily a suspension/wheel package which you got right.

im thinking about using a 75 or 100 shot for some fun with forged pistons and rods for now.
Later . . .

oh yeah if you would of took the time to know me you would know that i dont like to use nitrous im not that way.
Hmmmmmm.

BTW: If this actually does come to fruition and is not a pipe dream of some sort happy traction hunting. With that kind of assumed torque you are going to litterally glue the tires to the track to launch it anywhere near the 10's on stock (well at least DOT approved) tires unless you have an auxillary rocket pack sticking out of the hatch :goof Or is this rear end you speak of also a fully tubbed 4link? If so it's still not a WS6 though :rolf

Sorry but I am really quite bored right now and haven't battled anyone for awhile :rolleyes:

UnderPSI
02-23-2005, 08:16 AM
I had a Firebird Formula WS6 305 TBI, WS6 was just a suspension and wheel package. I did manage to get the car in the low 13's.

SMS 1
02-23-2005, 08:24 AM
I had a Firebird Formula WS6 305 TBI, WS6 was just a suspension and wheel package. I did manage to get the car in the low 13's.

I must admit to being a little shakey on that one (the TBI thing) but if I recall correctly WS6 didn't show up until 97 or 98 :confused And I sure as hell don't remember ever working on a 305 TBI one. Then again maybe I just never saw one :rolleyes:

UnderPSI
02-23-2005, 08:33 AM
I still have it in my driveway with the ws6 centercaps still on it

SMS 1
02-23-2005, 08:39 AM
Hmmm well I guess I' stand corrected on the 5.0L TBI thing then. I probably didn't see one I guess. I was only at the dealership between 97 and 99ish so they must have been off waran-free by then :goof

I never fully studied F-Birds anyway ;)

UnderPSI
02-23-2005, 08:49 AM
I wasn't trying to throw it in your face or anything just telling you what i had, you probably didn't see any because they don't last very long :D

junk mx6 no rly
02-23-2005, 10:45 AM
well just go to ebay and they got um.

SMS 1
02-24-2005, 07:15 AM
Ebay is rarely a source of intelligence though these days. Too many scammers and dumbass phucktards to believe half of what you see.

junk mx6 no rly
02-24-2005, 04:40 PM
well i dont have that problem cuz i know what yrs were WS6 and what cars were. :rolleyes:

BadAzzGTA89
02-24-2005, 08:53 PM
I must admit to being a little shakey on that one (the TBI thing) but if I recall correctly WS6 didn't show up until 97 or 98 :confused And I sure as hell don't remember ever working on a 305 TBI one. Then again maybe I just never saw one :rolleyes:
You see one in my sig all the time WS6 was on the 89 GTA and only came with the L98 as far as i know :thumbsup

BadAzzGTA89
02-24-2005, 08:55 PM
I had a Firebird Formula WS6 305 TBI, WS6 was just a suspension and wheel package. I did manage to get the car in the low 13's.WS6 means suspension only!!

SMS 1
02-25-2005, 06:44 AM

I'm going to throw a HUGE bs flag at that one :bsflag

So sorry to have made a mistake about the WS6 package years your hieness.

At least I'll admit it. Besides that I never stated it as fact. I clearly said I was unsure guys :rolleyes:

UnderPSI
02-25-2005, 07:30 AM
Hey, I wasn't trying to be mean. But yes, It did run 13's I have plenty of witnesses as well as a few people on the board who where riding next to me on some of those runs. Never said it ran 13's stock. So settle the fu(k down

SMS 1
02-25-2005, 07:54 AM
oops, 1min . . .

PM sent ;)

UnderPSI
02-25-2005, 09:12 AM
Recieved