PDA

View Full Version : Circuit City gone, American TV wins!!

Neal Steffek
02-16-2005, 05:54 PM
The Circuit City in Milwaukee has closed for good as of 6PM Tuesday the 15th. AMERICAN TV WINS!! :headbang :D

lotsals1
02-16-2005, 06:03 PM
i take it you work for american

Neal Steffek
02-16-2005, 06:06 PM
i take it you work for american

:thumbsup

lotsals1
02-16-2005, 06:52 PM
:thumbsupSo we get hook ups :thumbsup

Yooformula
02-16-2005, 07:12 PM
So we get hook ups :thumbsup

Yeah no kidding! I got to furnish a house at the end of the month :stare

scubastang
02-16-2005, 09:31 PM
The Circuit City in Milwaukee has closed for good as of 6PM Tuesday the 15th. AMERICAN TV WINS!! :headbang :D

do you guys sell Paradigm stuff?

DirtyMax
02-16-2005, 10:33 PM
All Circuit City's or just one in particular? There was a few that I know of in the Milw area.

Neal Steffek
02-16-2005, 10:45 PM
Just the one on Brown Deer road closed. And yes, just let me know if you are looking for anything.

scubastang
02-16-2005, 11:10 PM
Just the one on Brown Deer road closed. And yes, just let me know if you are looking for anything.

yeah I need some front mains, center, rear surrounds and sub :D

actually for now I want the front mains and center, as budget allows - any recommendations on which series and what you sell? The monitors are pretty spendy....price range 1000+-

theavenger333
02-16-2005, 11:21 PM
i wouldn't quite say american WON. circuit city closed 19 stores nationally, they took the lowest like 50 stores in overall profit and chose randomly on which ones to pull. nobody knew at that store till 6pm tuesday. they prombtly kicked the customers out and closed at 615. on the plus side, friday there is a HUGE fire sale to get rid of inventory. i will most certainly be stopping by

Heat Seeker WS6
02-17-2005, 12:45 AM
good thing to see happen finally. Good work Neal!

Corvette Jabo
02-17-2005, 07:14 AM
I heard from a source the CC on Browndeer will reopen Friday morning and have like 50% off or more. I don't know how true it is, but if you need things this could save you some $. It should be advertised if its true. It will be a zoo if it is true.

Jabo :)

jbiscuit
02-17-2005, 08:02 AM
circuit city is a terrible store anyways. I hope they all close soon.

HITMAN
02-17-2005, 08:10 AM

RIIIIIIGHT... :rolleyes:

Ever heard of Best buy? Take a look at the parking lot of any Best Buy location during a Saturday and then look at the lot of a nearby C.C. They are the reason C.C. closed, NOT American. I haven't even walked through the door of an American TV in 2 years. I kind of forgot they even existed...

GTSLOW
02-17-2005, 08:15 AM

Ever heard of Best buy? Take a look at the parking lot of any Best Buy location during a Saturday and then look at the lot of a nearby C.C. They are the reason C.C. closed, NOT American. I haven't even walked through the door of an American TV in 2 years. I kind of forgot they even existed...

Heh I HIGHLY agree with that statement.

Bestbuy = full lot 95% of the time
Circuit City = 20 cars sometimes

Rocket Power
02-17-2005, 08:35 AM
Heh I HIGHLY agree with that statement.

Bestbuy = full lot 95% of the time
Circuit City = 20 cars sometimes
Yep , if I am on 76th in a hurry for something and I don't want to try to find a spot at BB, then I go over to CC, It seems like they have more salespeople than customers :rolf

Neal Steffek
02-17-2005, 08:41 AM

Funny thing is that the Best Buy next to us is closing also. :banana

I will also say that if you watch the people leaving BB or just look at people standing in line to check out, what are they buying? TV's? Stereos? Nope, CD's and DVD's. We don't carry them. People who come to American make REAL purchases. ;)

jbiscuit
02-17-2005, 08:43 AM
the Best Buy on 76th is a perfect example!!! Any given saturday/Sunday you can't even find a spot in their lot. Cars parking other cars in, parking at TGIFridays etc. Then Look at Circuit City across the street. I went in their once and there was a hot-looking girl working behind a counter right when you walked in and there must have been 10 hot guys standing there talking to her. As soon as I walked in, they all turned and looked at me and 2 of them at the same time said, "can I help you find anything?" ha ha ha ha....maybe I was their first hot customer in a few days in the store or something!

Yooformula
02-17-2005, 09:30 AM
I went in their once and there was a hot-looking girl working behind a counter right when you walked in and there must have been 10 hot guys standing there talking to her. As soon as I walked in, they all turned and looked at me and 2 of them at the same time said, "can I help you find anything?" ha ha ha ha....maybe I was their first hot customer in a few days in the store or something!

Dude, that sounded way too ghey :loser :gay :sgay :goof

deciuss
02-17-2005, 09:37 AM
hey now if he wants to be gay let him be gay :goof jk

but ya thats funny the staples by me does the same thing i have always been the only person in that place

Pig Pen
02-17-2005, 12:00 PM
I love Circuit City. They always had what I wanted due to the lack of customers. I bought my Grand Theft Auto games there when the Best Buy on Bluemond, only a 1/2 mile away was sold out by 11am. Everyone just went home when they sold out, they didn't even consider going to Circuit City. That store is awsome. I'm not an American fan, they did a horrible job installing my XM Radio, the monkey didn't even consider that my car was a stick when he installed it now I hit the screen ever time I shift. Thanks American, if I would have brought my XM into Circuit City, the guy would have probably done a custom mounting because he had nothing else to do all day and talking to the hot chick at the counter with a few facial blemishes had gotten old.

jbiscuit
02-17-2005, 12:24 PM
ha ha ha ha. American has been known to jack up some installs, I would have to agree. The once installed an Alpine CD player in my dad's Jeep and they busted the dash trim piece and tried to tell him it was like that when he brought it in to have the radio installed. Best Buy isn't any better though. I had them install a CD player in my accord back in the day and the deck didn't even sit flush with the dash, it stuck out like a half inch! I bitched and they wouldn't do anything about it so I had to drive the car home and rip apart the dash myself and move the wires all around to make enough room for the deck to sit flush. All the local "big name" stores will jack your car up if you have them install anything.

Neal Steffek
02-17-2005, 12:40 PM
I love Circuit City. They always had what I wanted due to the lack of customers. I bought my Grand Theft Auto games there when the Best Buy on Bluemond, only a 1/2 mile away was sold out by 11am. Everyone just went home when they sold out, they didn't even consider going to Circuit City. That store is awsome. I'm not an American fan, they did a horrible job installing my XM Radio, the monkey didn't even consider that my car was a stick when he installed it now I hit the screen ever time I shift. Thanks American, if I would have brought my XM into Circuit City, the guy would have probably done a custom mounting because he had nothing else to do all day and talking to the hot chick at the counter with a few facial blemishes had gotten old.

If you want, I can make a few phone calls and have them fix it for you. You should have let us know right away, we would have fixed it. Let me know.

Pig Pen
02-17-2005, 12:42 PM
Which one do you work at. I can have you look at it and see if there is a better install idea that you guys can come up with. I had it done at the American in Pewaukee.

Pig Pen
02-17-2005, 12:43 PM
I can't be too mad at American. They sales rep was a pretty cool guy and very helpful.

Neal Steffek
02-17-2005, 12:48 PM
Which one do you work at. I can have you look at it and see if there is a better install idea that you guys can come up with. I had it done at the American in Pewaukee.

I work at the Waukesha and Brown Deer locations.

Pig Pen
02-17-2005, 12:49 PM
I believe the guy who helped me was a Jonathan A...

theavenger333
02-17-2005, 02:16 PM
the best buy by northridge shut down because they built a new supercenter deal on brown deer and 43. its where they do their product testing and such. GREAT store. that and that area was going to ****.

PB86MCSS
02-17-2005, 02:34 PM
Best Buy is Circuit Citys rival and vice versa. You hit the nail on the head with what American carries, they compete with those 2 stores but not directly. Circuit City has been going downhill for quite some time and BB has been doing quite well. Only a matter of time before they all close. Wal-Mart is Best Buys biggest future competitor. They don't have any knowledge of the product but they carry so much crap and have the lowest prices.

Funny thing is that the Best Buy next to us is closing also.

Ehh...and moving to Bayshore ;). Anything on *tha northside* sucks, look at Northridge...er waitaminute ;).

Best Buy just opened up Delafield/Janesville and the Bayshore store while they will close the Northridge location. The Mayfair store will move too, I heard to the Falls maybe. The 76th store might move too, way too small of a lot and even store too. Maybe if CC closes across the street they'll move there :D.

Yes I work for BB(76th street), no I can't help you with a discount :chair: :goof .

And hopefully I am done there and out of the crappy retail world very soon and getting a real job :headbang . No offense to anyone with a career in retail(not for me), I only have/had a part time job there. Can't wait to do my final shopping there and (ab)use my discount :banana .

Neal Steffek
02-17-2005, 03:45 PM
The Best Buy has already opened just east of Green Bay rd. I have not been in it yet but hear it is nice. yes, there is going to also be a Best Buy in MF also.

As far as Northridge being dead, the Mall is gone, but the area has BLOWN UP! Have you been to the area in the past few months? Wher ethe mall was there is a Pick and savce and also a Menards. There is also a Walmart right next to where Circuit City was. The area is going up and up in value real quick. Kinda neat considering how it was some 10/15 years ago.

Pig Pen
02-17-2005, 03:54 PM
Still wouldn't want to keep my car in the parking lot for longer than 5 minutes around there.

DocDave
02-17-2005, 04:22 PM

ditto

Rocket Power
02-17-2005, 05:32 PM
Yes I work for BB(76th street), no I can't help you with a discount :chair: :goof .

Forget the discount, if I call ahead can you hold a parking space for me :goof :D

theavenger333
02-17-2005, 05:56 PM
i don't knw what you're talking about, there is no best buy going into bayshore. they opened the one on green bay, there is no plan for one in bayshore

PB86MCSS
02-17-2005, 06:08 PM
I didn't mean in Bayshore, but closer to Bayshore mall compared to Northridge. I haven't seen it yet personally, 2 of our old managers are there(as far as I know, personel changes rapidly in retail).

Forget the discount, if I call ahead can you hold a parking space for me

You know the beater! Just find it and push it somewhere and when you are done shopping push it back ;).

I haven't been to the Northridge area, no reason for me to be personally...quite a drive. Good to hear if the area is improving, wouldn't be saying much though :goof . Maybe one of the few instances where a bad area is receding instead of growing into other areas :mad: .