PDA

View Full Version : bought a car from a dealership......

u_say_go
02-15-2005, 09:42 PM
....now I have problems with it. I bought a 2002 Ford Explorer last tuesday, and each day since then I've noticed things wrong with it; CD from the previous owner is stuck in the cd player, rear window washer hose was busted, 2 knicks in the windshield from stones or something, and then today all hell broke loose.
I'm driving back from the dealership after having them fix the busted washer fluid hose, and I hear a grinding noise coming from the back-end of the truck. It would come and go. I take it to a Ford dealership tonight and they tell me its a rear wheel bearing.
I've had the truck for 7 days now. Is the dealership I purchased the truck from responsible for the cost of this repair? At least partially? The vehicle was sold "as-is", but I thought I heard that dealerships can be held responsible within a certain time after the purchase. (or am I dreaming?)
:mad:

Crawlin
02-15-2005, 10:17 PM
most places have a warranty(atleast bigger well known dealerships) you should have remainder of factory warranty if you are under time/mileage for it and i know alot of dealerships are 6month/6000 miles. Where did you get it from? If it's a big franchise type place, you'll have a better chance of getting stuff worked out in my opinion, cause that's some bullshit to have to deal with. If it's small side lot, and the warranty truly is "sold as-is" you might be stuck unless you cause enough stink?

Chris

220mph
02-16-2005, 10:27 AM
same thing happened to me. i bought a car off a small lot. all the big stuff i looked at and made sure was ok. i.e. (origanal panels, no engines probs, history..etc.) when i got the car home after driving for a good day i started to notice every little thing that i didnt think of. i.e. (bad relay for power seat, bad cd player, bad door chime, broken liscense plate bulb, etc) all the little things you need to look at too. you shouldnt feel pressured or dumb when u take the car for a ride. i felt like i was wasting the salespersons time when i was driving the car. next time im taking a stethoscope, anal lube, and a data book and going over the next used car like a hawk next time. i hope everything works out for you, but i think 7 days may be too much time. it is a 02 car..maybe you have a legit biotch. what dealershit??

deciuss
02-16-2005, 10:44 AM
the same sort of thing happend to my gf. i told her not to buy a new car with her family without me there. but nooo she did not lissen. bought some 92 taures for 1 grand thats a pos.

they just painted over the rust to make it look like there was none but thats eazy to see if you look for it. 2 weeks latter most had flaked off and wow its a rust bucket.

a week after her stearing wheel has a lot of give you turn it and the wheels dont turn. her doors then stoped shutting right and then her engen idles really bad now. they guy they bought it from them said o its a great car i dont really want to sell it since its the one we give to people when they bring there car here to fix. it runs to good to sell ect ect ect. (ya right)

o ya the last thing the little 1 before the 94 thousand on the change the oil sticker was rubbed off. a car with 200,000 miles with probably hundreds of differnet drivers is not worth 1 grand

thats why i will never buy a used car in my life.

u_say_go
02-16-2005, 12:16 PM
the dealership is Auto Connectionz in Oconomowoc. They sell off-lease vehicles, which I thought would be cool. Lease vehicles are usually taken care of, and the miles are low and the truck seemed mint when I test drove it.
I emailed them about the minor problems (burnt out turn signal, rear washer not spraying..) they called me first thing in the morning and had me bring the truck out and they fixed what was needed, gave me a Tahoe to drive for a few hours, and were super cool about it.
I'm sure they had no idea a wheel bearing was going to take a crap on me within a week so I dont want to be a pr1ck about it to them. I was just curious if they had any legal responsiblity for this seeing as how I just got the thing, before I go up there cussin' and screamin'.

Crawlin
02-16-2005, 05:39 PM
good place to do business with then!