PDA

View Full Version : Hot Rod Power Tour '05

FANAT1C
02-14-2005, 09:43 AM
Just thought I would post this just in case there are people that didnt know.

The one day kick off celebration will be on saturday June 4th @ Miller Park. Try not to miss it! It'll be a long time if it comes back or through Milwaukee! 3000+ cars expected! :headbang You'll have to register for that 1 day and it costs $20.00
For more info please click this link: http://hotrod.com/113_0410_powertour/

Also if you're intersted, you could join us, WNC, for a special
"Hot Rod Power Tour" meeting
on Wed. Feb 23rd @ 6- ish!
at Pistol Pete's
16755 W. Lisbon Road
Brookfield, WI.

Here's are link: http://creamcityspins.com/wnc/
If you visit be sure to say hello in the discussion forums.
Thanks.

Syclone0044
02-14-2005, 06:30 PM
2 questions:

1.) What is WNC? I went to the website but since it depends upon Flash which my browser doesn't support, I can't view the site :( I tried..

2.) What does the $20 Power Tour registration get you? What I mean is , isn't the Power Tour a "Tour" of cars on public streets - doesnt seem like any charge is necessary unless this is on an Illinois toll-way? Hoping for some clarification :)

Heat Seeker WS6
02-14-2005, 06:47 PM
WNC = Wednesday Night Classics They put on the Pistol Pete's Shows on Wed nights.

The pre-registration will get you a good sized Power Tour window decal, plenty of coupons from the Tour's supporting vendors and stuff from the Magazine- its worth it.

Daytonapacecar959
02-14-2005, 08:34 PM
I di d the Arlington Heights to Green Bay leg last year in the rain most of the time but still had a great time.I'm not sure at this point how far i'm going i'm hoping to do the long haul.

97PontiacW68
02-15-2005, 09:00 AM
:rock:

97PontiacW68
02-15-2005, 09:01 AM
:haveabeer im making the long haul! :thumbsup :headbang :banana

FANAT1C
02-15-2005, 09:27 AM
Heat Seeker WS6 thanks for answering syclone's questions! :thumbsup

Please remember if your new to the tour you might want to make it to our meeting on the 23rd. We'll have some veteran tourers there available to answer your questions. Also we will be running some misc videos throughout the event to get us pumped up for the upcoming season!

97PontiacW68 your doin the long haul! :headbang I wish I could make the whole trip but I'll be only doing 1 or 2 cities. :( Should be fun either way, I hope! :D

SMS 1
02-15-2005, 10:47 AM
Ah man! This sucks! Milwaukee? No sh1t! This kid better show up either real early or late! Supposed to be due June 3rd, which makes Power Tour AND Thirdgenfest undoable :fire :fire :fire

97PontiacW68
02-15-2005, 11:14 AM
maybe next time youll keep it in your pants ;) haha jus kidding :)

PonyKiller87
02-15-2005, 11:51 AM
Ah man! This sucks! Milwaukee? No sh1t! This kid better show up either real early or late! Supposed to be due June 3rd, which makes Power Tour AND Thirdgenfest undoable :fire :fire :fire

Ahh, just strap him in to a car seat, and let him learn all about muscle cars right from the start. lol.

Depending on how things go I am going to try and do part of the tour. Depends if I break anything on the way to or from Thirdgen Fest.

GRNDNL
02-15-2005, 12:06 PM
We're going Sat with the GS, not sure about Sunday, may just cruise to Rockford or so.......

220mph
02-15-2005, 05:37 PM
i will most likely be at pistol pete's. do i pay the 20 bux there and get my stuff or get it in the mail. plus..im a young guy in a newer mustang..yall wont flame me will you?? i do have some goodies on my ride to make it worthy of this trip..i think so!! thanks..

Black94Z28
02-16-2005, 03:26 AM
prob gonna hit a few cites....wish i could make the long haul but got a bunch of crap going on that time of the year... :alcoholic .... ne ways it should be fun..gettin excited for the summer already! :headbang

FANAT1C
02-16-2005, 07:15 AM
220mph, the $20 is paid to the promoters.

Try being patient until 2/23 for our tour meet. I know I'll have a small list for the veterans. :D It should answer all of your questions but if you want some details now please call the promoter:

Special Events
804 N. Delaware St.
Indianapolis, IN 46204-1196
(317) 236-6522 | (317) 236-6519 (fax)

By the way it's great to see all the interest!! :headbang :banana :thumbsup

220mph
02-16-2005, 10:30 AM
do you get your window banner and coupons at this meeting at pistol pete's?? i will be there. i am making the long haul too. im going along w/ some buddies from Authentic auto and some area guys... thanks fanatic for the info

FANAT1C
02-16-2005, 02:47 PM
Sorry but the banner, coupons, etc will be either mailed or will be available to pick up on the tour once you check in.
Just to clearify things WNC is just a local club that is participating in the tour, we arent affiliated with Hot Rod or any of the sponsors (it would be cool if we were! :D ).

Hope to see and meet some new people. If you come to the meet @ Pistol Pete's Jack, our club organizer, will probably have a table with a sign on it. Stop by him, say hello, then enjoy the evening.

220mph
02-24-2005, 03:24 PM
i went to the meeting at pistol petes. it was ok and filled in a few ideas for the tour. i had to leave a lil early tho cuz my friend wasnt feeling good.

FANAT1C
02-25-2005, 07:03 AM
Glad to hear you made it to our meet. Sorry I missed you. If you're serious about doing the tour you might want to reserve your hotels asap. I reserved mine just yesterday and the selection of hotels and available rooms is becoming slim.
A pretty good group from Wednesday Night Classics will be going to Indy with the tour and then returning home. If you want to caravan with with us you're more than welcome. Also if you want to caravan together most of us are staying at Days Inn in Springfield, IL & Indy. The prices are $50-60 each night and it includes a continental breakfast and an outdoor swimming pool. :headbang

97PontiacW68
02-25-2005, 10:11 AM
whoaz i need to start thinking about making hotel reservations .. i need help :( .. cheap rates anyone? :confused

220mph
02-25-2005, 05:09 PM
ill let u know fanatic. im just sleeping in my car and gonna wash up at speedway. haha, you know to make up for the cost of fuel. i am serious about the trip, i cant wait. umm..i tried to make reservations but i dont know how many people are going w/ me yet. so far im have four cars next to me.

FANAT1C
03-01-2005, 09:02 PM
220, if you would like, a bunch of us from WNC will be staying at the Days Inn in Springfield & Indy. So if you want to caravan together make your reservations asap. The rooms are filling fast.

Irish
03-10-2005, 11:35 AM
If you want call Dave at the Promotions Co. they are looking for local clubs to help out at Miller. Parking,registration stuff like that. You'll get comp'd the $55 registration fee and get a long hauler goodies bag if you help out. I am only doing the springfield leg because I used all my vacation up on building my car.

Z28Girl
03-10-2005, 07:50 PM
Fanatic, do you have the phone number for the Days Inn in Springfield? Could you please give it to me? What night are we supposed to be in Springfield again???? (Im a blonde, cut me some slack already!!)

FANAT1C
03-10-2005, 09:07 PM
Z28Girl, here's the info for the Days Inn at Springfield, IL.
Date: Sunday June 5th.
Address: 3000 Stevenson Dr (I-55 & Stevenson Dr), Springfield, IL 62703
Phone: 217-529-0171
*bonus* Deluxe Continental Breakfast, including hot oatmeal, fresh- baked muffins, bagels....lots of extras!

Just in case your intrested in going to Indy here's the Days Inn info there.
Date: Monday June 6th.
Address: 3740 North High School Road (I-465/Exit 17 East), Indy., IN 46224
Phone: 317-293-6550

Remember Saturday June 4th is an all day event at Miller Park starting at noon. Also at the next city the gates for the tourers open at noon the following day

I'm assuming you'll be driving a Z28, what year & color?

One last thing, WNC will be having a get together before the Tour whoever will be staying at the Days Inn's please try to make it that way we can introduce ourselves. :shades I'll be posting more info about that as soon as we get a date finalized. Otherwise you could always make it to our weekly show events on every wednesday night starting in May at Pistol Pete's in Brookfield. Feel free to stop by our website and browse around. Dont forget to click on the calendar tab to see all the upcoming shows by the month and please dont forget to say hello in our forums.
Here's our link just click: Wednesday Night Classics (http://creamcityspins.com/wnc )
By the way my name's Jason.

Z28Girl
03-11-2005, 10:45 PM
Hello Jason, I think we met at one of the Wednesday Night Classics last year, Im the girl who had the green z28 who painted the cameleon flames on it? I will be driving the same car, but it has had some modifications made and a new look, it is now two tone blues with a ram air hood and tinted windows, my plate says Z28GIRL so you cant miss me. Its a 94 z28 with custom chrome wheels. I will probably bring the car to the first WNC meet in May, is the first one on the first Wednesday of May? Could you give me directions to Pistol Pete's from Burlington (or Highway 36)?

FANAT1C
03-12-2005, 09:18 PM
Our official 1st show of the season will be on Wednesday May 18th, but we will probably be having a shows starting the 1st Wednesday of May if the weather's nice. :thumbsup

For directions please visit our homepage: Wednesday Night Classics (http://creamcityspins.com/wnc/)
and click on the address for Pistol Pete's. It'll link you to the mapquest info.

Hope to see you there! :)

BraemerNHRA
03-13-2005, 11:48 AM
Hello all,
I'm new to the board, but have been hangning around CamaroZ28.com, LS1.com, and LS1tech,com for years now posting under BraemerZ28.

Anyway, I'm reallly interested in attending the first day of the PT, but will not be able to make it for the other legs. So, the 1 day $20 registration you mention would be the best for me.

By following the link below, the only registration I can get to is the $55 long haul. Any ideas on how to get the $20 version?

"The one day kick off celebration will be on saturday June 4th @ Miller Park. Try not to miss it! It'll be a long time if it comes back or through Milwaukee! 3000+ cars expected! You'll have to register for that 1 day and it costs $20.00
For more info please click this link: http://hotrod.com/113_0410_powertour/
"

Thanks,

FANAT1C
03-13-2005, 08:54 PM
BraemerNHRA, glad to see another person's interest!
If your just going to attend the 1 day kick off event at miller park you just pay when you register at the gate on that day.

Mssplayboybunie
03-17-2005, 12:39 PM
I'm not sure if its worth it to do just 1 or 2 days of powertour..I dont think im gonna do the long haul just for the fact money plays a big part in it. It would be cool to see all the rides at Miller though since it wont be coming every year, at least i dont think.

FANAT1C
03-17-2005, 12:59 PM
Just keep in mind if you plan on doing 3 or legs of the Tour you'll want to register for the long haul ($55.00). Otherwise it'll be $20.00 for each city. As a bonus for paying for the long haul you'll get evening meals, better parking, etc.

Mssplayboybunie, your right in saying it wont be coming every year from Milwaukee. It will be a long while if/when it comes back through. The Tour starts and ends at different cities every year. So if you can, at least try to make the kick off day!

By the way I like ur name! :D

97z2801ss
03-17-2005, 02:02 PM
I plan on Indy atleast

FANAT1C
03-17-2005, 02:43 PM
I was kind of thinking :wow ... Would there be interest in a small informal meet, maybe a dinner meet at Buffalo Wild Wings (hwy100) for all the people that's going to be a part of the HRPT. I think it would be a cool to meet some of the people that are part of BCM and the tour. Definitly a good idea to put faces to your screen names here. What do you all think?

If there's interest I was thinking about late April or sometime in May.

01camaroSS, another person to Indy. Cool! :thumbsup That's my distance with the tour too.
I'm curious do you own 2 Camaro's?

220mph
03-17-2005, 08:19 PM
i would go..but i dont want my azz beat. peeps dont like me much here :licky

FANAT1C
03-17-2005, 09:41 PM
i would go..but i dont want my azz beat. peeps dont like me much here :licky

:rolleyes:

It's pretty simple. If your gonna be a part of the HRPT and you post on BCM we should try to get together. I only have 1 reason you shouldn't come... If your an a$$hole stay home!

97z2801ss
03-17-2005, 09:59 PM
umm sure, No the black ones mine the orange one is the pop's. yea ill try signin up this weekend... Indy for sure:)

Nix
03-17-2005, 11:18 PM
So please forgive my stupidty here, but if I would just like to go for the one day at Miller PArk all I would have to do is show up there on June 4th, pay the 20 bucks and thats all? What time does it start at? Yet again please forgive the stupidty... that is all...

Fasterthantom
03-18-2005, 05:55 AM
Would I be able to ride my huffy in this "Power Tour"?

It's got an aftermarket innertube, thats gotta count for something? :chair: :loser

FANAT1C
03-18-2005, 06:45 AM
nickz_28, yeah just show up on that day to register & pay the fee. I believe it starts around noon (the vendors have the morning to set up) but you might want to get there early for your not waiting forever to get through the gates. Remember it's expected to have over 2000 cars.

Fasterthantom, well I think it has to have a motor to constitute it a hotrod. But I'm always up for a laugh... I would love to see someone pedaling their a$$ off!! :rolf

BraemerNHRA
03-18-2005, 07:42 AM
Just make sure you don't enter any burn-out contests with your Huffy!

Nix
03-18-2005, 08:37 PM
FANATIC, thats a bunch I'll show up early :thumbsup
As for the Huffy, you mite want to put a Bannana seat on it for some better show quality, everyone like a classic look with newer looks too. Also for better times when you run it you might want to think about removing the chain guard. :durr