PDA

View Full Version : MFBA @ Road America Is ON!!!!!!!

SSmike1
02-13-2005, 08:03 AM
Hey Guys,
when are you going to post the news!!!!!!!
that
the MFBA Club event at Road America is ON
for this April, 2005?
:thumbsup

:wooo

:headbang

Todd Z
02-13-2005, 01:36 PM
The MFBA event this year is being run directly by the MFBA. Charlie Givilancz
is the president of the club and will hopefully have info out on 2-14-05. As soon as I receive any info I will post it.

Think Spring
Todd Z :rolf

mattGT95
02-13-2005, 03:40 PM
i'll be up there, but on april 21st. i'm taking the gsxr out!

Z28Girl
02-13-2005, 04:57 PM
ZDDOT are you presenting yourself as the MFBA liason then? Are you saying that you are "in" with the MFBA and you have inside information where you will get personal notification of new information before the rest of us????

Todd Z
02-13-2005, 05:56 PM
Dianna,
No I am not a liason of the MFBA. Thru contacts I received an e-mail from Charlie at the MFBA ( see below ). I do wish Jon the best of luck with resolving his problems!

Todd
P.S. Your bike was put out at 12:05 on 2-13-05 I'd be happy to send you the date and time stamped picture if you want just let me know. Free storage is great as is free track time!

Todd, as you probably already know the event was in severe jeopardy due to
the breakup of the 3 that were handling the event in the name of the MFBA. I
was hoping that we they come to an agreement and finish the 2005 season and
we could discuss a split for 2006. Unfortunately with no resolution and with
lawyers involved Road America has turned over the rental directly to the
management of the MFBA. As the President of the club I'll be running the
events this year with the help of the MFBA volunteers.

We are currently coming up with a proper budget but it looks like it'll be
similar to last years numbers.
$350.00 for the weekend I believe.

I'm hoping to have information released and registration setup for Monday.

As soon as the site it up I can email you the links to the website.

Regards,
Charlie Givilancz
President - Midwest F-Body Association

Syclone0044
02-13-2005, 08:36 PM
I have to admit I am really disappointed. :( I was badly hoping John and his crew would be running the event again because I was so thoroughly impressed with how smooth & professional they ran the event. I know it was due to years of refined experience. With a new crew I can't expect the same results. $350 is a lot to spend no matter how you look at it, hesitant to risk it trying out a new crew :( Does this mean conclusively that there is NO WAY John will be running Road America this April? (Does anyone know for sure)?

SSmike1
02-13-2005, 09:14 PM
Josh,
you are such a silly goose!
:rolf

it will be fine!
Better than last year!!!!!!!
:D
:banana

tease
02-13-2005, 09:28 PM
As an MFBA Council Member I would like to let you know that the RA event is going to happen this year. It will be run just like it has in the past. :)

There is some information in the Road Racing Section of the MFBA board. Charlie will post once he has the information and registration up hopefully on Monday. :)

Z28girl- If you read the roadracing section charlie told people to email him if they have any questions. Which from our standpoint John should know about this already seeing he is the MODERATOR of that section on the board and should be checking it regularly!

Heat Seeker WS6
02-13-2005, 10:03 PM
Carmen, I was aware of that thread within an hour of it's being started by Charlie. I am not in a position to comment about the event.

tease
02-13-2005, 10:32 PM
Good to hear your checking it again ;)

Hope to see some of you at the RA Event in spite of everything that has been going on concerning the event, which was beyond our control at first!! We are happy that Road America has changed it's standpoint and decided to let the MFBA have control of our event so that it will happen this year. :D

nismodave
02-13-2005, 10:37 PM
Anyone want to borrow me some money for upgraded brakes so I can run??? :goof :D

GTSLOW
02-14-2005, 03:13 AM
Anyone want to borrow me some money for upgraded brakes so I can run??? :goof :D

Bah all you need are some race pads and new rotors for after the event :D

SSmike1
02-14-2005, 12:09 PM
ALL ya need, is

Race Compound Front Pads only!
and
make sure the Front Brake Fluid is Completely Flushed with new fresh fluid.

That is it!
you will stop all day long!
:wooo
:eek:
:wow

Z28Girl
02-14-2005, 12:36 PM
Carmen, I dont know what knowing about emailing Charlie has to do with the post I made, but it had nothing to do with my question. What John does or does not know does not pertain to me, my statement was directed at ZDDOT as his post came across as though he were the inside source. Just want to know who the key players are, thats all!! Secondly, John is the one that went out and did all the leg work to get the MFBA the chance to run at Road America, the MFBA didnt want to run it for themselves, so when you say that you are glad that Road America let you have control of "your" event, I find that to be a little insulting as not one person other than the three Speed Seekers partners from the MFBA lifted a finger to help out. Especially since only 1/3rd of the attendees were even MFBA members.

SSMike-You have no idea whether or not this year will be better than next year, especially since it is going to be run by people who didnt even attend the events last year, so I would be careful to put yourself out there like that. And way to bash the Speed Seekers group by insinuating that the MFBA will do a better job than they did.

chasgiv3
02-14-2005, 03:45 PM
Due to the legal issues I will only say that yes the event is on.

Road America sent me a letter stating that since the events are in the name of the MFBA that they would put the controls into the hands of the officers of the club. We in turn moved quickly to secure the rental and move forward.

Over the past 6 years there's been many volunteers that tirelessly worked to have oustanding events for the club members and to also partner ourselves with other car enthusiests. Everyone has done a great job.

The event will happen and with the help of members that have been associated (volunters) with the event in the past we will hold it as scheduled. We're hoping to provide a similar experiance as in the past. If we fall short it certainly wasn't from trying.

Registration will begin very soon.

GTSLOW
02-14-2005, 03:50 PM
Carmen, I dont know what knowing about emailing Charlie has to do with the post I made, but it had nothing to do with my question. What John does or does not know does not pertain to me, my statement was directed at ZDDOT as his post came across as though he were the inside source. Just want to know who the key players are, thats all!! Secondly, John is the one that went out and did all the leg work to get the MFBA the chance to run at Road America, the MFBA didnt want to run it for themselves, so when you say that you are glad that Road America let you have control of "your" event, I find that to be a little insulting as not one person other than the three Speed Seekers partners from the MFBA lifted a finger to help out. Especially since only 1/3rd of the attendees were even MFBA members.

SSMike-You have no idea whether or not this year will be better than next year, especially since it is going to be run by people who didnt even attend the events last year, so I would be careful to put yourself out there like that. And way to bash the Speed Seekers group by insinuating that the MFBA will do a better job than they did.

Honestly WHO CARES?!!??!?!?!? The guy just came on and said the event was on and being run by MFBA. Then you come on and make a big deal about it!! :gay I think you need to take this legal battle sh*t elsewhere! :nutkick

No offense to anyone but it's getting old, and I'm sure I'm not the only one thats tired of it!

So lets start talking about the event not who's running, and enjoy it! :haveabeer :thumbsup

Z28Girl
02-14-2005, 07:05 PM
96s10 this is NOT about legal issues, it was of a personal matter, so before you go getting rude with me, maybe you should get some clarity. You werent taking that tone with me when you thought we were going to run the events. I dont give a crap about the legal goings on either and being shoved in the middle of it wasnt exactly my idea of fun, so you can drop your cocky attitude. I just wanted to know who to contact on the subject, PERIOD. Your the one keeping the talk about legal issues going so get over it.

tease
02-14-2005, 08:54 PM
Honestly WHO CARES?!!??!?!?!? The guy just came on and said the event was on and being run by MFBA. Then you come on and make a big deal about it!! :gay I think you need to take this legal battle sh*t elsewhere! :nutkick

No offense to anyone but it's getting old, and I'm sure I'm not the only one thats tired of it!

So lets start talking about the event not who's running, and enjoy it! :haveabeer :thumbsup

I must agree with you here 96s10!!!!

Z28girl.....check your facts before you post, cause I did help at the first 2 RA events....the recent ones I was unable to because of Medical Problems that I was having. Also I don't know why you would have an issue even if someone did have an inside source! I'd think you'd be happy that the person was informing/sharing with you what he knew. Now I'm done bickering with you cause I"m not going to sink to that level cause I KNOW I'm better then that.

So on the brighter side, let hear who is actually going to go to the event and race or just to watch!!! :thumbsup

GTSLOW
02-14-2005, 09:49 PM
96s10 this is NOT about legal issues, it was of a personal matter, so before you go getting rude with me, maybe you should get some clarity. You werent taking that tone with me when you thought we were going to run the events. I dont give a crap about the legal goings on either and being shoved in the middle of it wasnt exactly my idea of fun, so you can drop your cocky attitude. I just wanted to know who to contact on the subject, PERIOD. Your the one keeping the talk about legal issues going so get over it.

I didn't mean for you to take ANY offense to that!! John has been and is a good friend of mine!! It's like everytime a road america thread starts it get whored to hell with nonsense stuff about the legal battle and all. :haveabeer

Z28Girl
02-14-2005, 10:00 PM
Carmen,

No one SAID I have a PROBLEM with him having an inside source. I know who the guy is. It was an inside post.
And I did not say that YOU personally did not help out, so it is YOU that is taking it the wrong way.
"Bickering" is DONE!!!! Im tired of making posts that everyone is reading WAY too much into. EVERYONE CALM DOWN ALREADY!!! :rolleyes:

Todd Z
02-14-2005, 10:19 PM
Wow...anyone graduate yet? Highschool that is? I think the posts should continue because I can always use a good laugh. :)

Seriously though, how many poeple are looking forward to some good old fashioned track time the way it USED to be and SHOULD be?!!

Please stop tainting the experience.
Looking forward to April...unless the "talk/gossip" continues, then it may no longer be worth it.

Otherwise I'm going to pitch this as a reality show for FOX. Anyone interested, it has all the makings...lies, controversy, drama? ;)

Mrs. Todd Z

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE AND MAY BE TOLD!!!!

97PontiacW68
02-15-2005, 12:23 AM
This Goes to ZDDOT:
What's going on with you two? When I met you, you guys seemed really nice and seemed like you were John's best friends? I'm shocked at some of the things I've read on the board lately.. It seems as if lately John's so called "best friends" are stabbing him right in the back, and for what reason? This whole lawsuit is childish and so are the same old comments I see on this board. Quite frankly, I am getting sick of people badmouthing John and Diana for that matter. I know you guys may laugh this off coming from me because I'm only 18 but I seem to be more grown up than you put together. Just keep the immature comments to yourselves and lets hope you guys will learn from you mistakes and not screw a good friend over like you did John again

GTSLOW
02-15-2005, 04:16 AM
Carmen,

No one SAID I have a PROBLEM with him having an inside source. I know who the guy is. It was an inside post.
And I did not say that YOU personally did not help out, so it is YOU that is taking it the wrong way.
"Bickering" is DONE!!!! Im tired of making posts that everyone is reading WAY too much into. EVERYONE CALM DOWN ALREADY!!! :rolleyes:

WERD! :) :usa :goof :haveabeer

Wow...anyone graduate yet? Highschool that is? I think the posts should continue because I can always use a good laugh. :)

Seriously though, how many poeple are looking forward to some good old fashioned track time the way it USED to be and SHOULD be?!!

Please stop tainting the experience.
Looking forward to April...unless the "talk/gossip" continues, then it may no longer be worth it.

Otherwise I'm going to pitch this as a reality show for FOX. Anyone interested, it has all the makings...lies, controversy, drama? ;)

Mrs. Todd Z

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE AND MAY BE TOLD!!!!

:wtf :gay :yawn:

SSmike1
02-15-2005, 06:35 AM
I must agree with you here 96s10!!!!

So on the brighter side, let hear who is actually going to go to the event and race or just to watch!!! :thumbsup

YES, I'll be there!!!!!!! :wooo :)

to drive, and to watch! :wow

JRink
02-15-2005, 11:59 AM
I'll be attending RA again for the MFBA event. This time, I hope to finally meet 96s10 and SSMike. Last October, everytime I saw their cars, no one was nearby in the paddock.

On a side note, is anyone also attending the NASA event the prior week? I'm considering it for the instruction but I'm a bit confused about the event because they seem to have sooo much going on (time trials, racing, hpde, etc.). Can anyone shed some info about that event and their opinions of it?

Jesse Rink

y2kws6
02-15-2005, 12:22 PM
If I get my car fixed by then I might do the NASA event. I would be doing their HPDE1 and then move up. I think I am in the same boat you are in. I don't want to compete, but would like to get the licence.

You can read more here (http://nasaproracing.com/aboutnasa/newtonasa.html)

Dan

SSmike1
02-15-2005, 12:47 PM
more direct link
https://www.nasaproracing.com/nasa_event/show/?event_id=204

it took me a while to find it!

GTSLOW
02-15-2005, 03:55 PM
I'll be attending RA again for the MFBA event. This time, I hope to finally meet 96s10 and SSMike. Last October, everytime I saw their cars, no one was nearby in the paddock.

On a side note, is anyone also attending the NASA event the prior week? I'm considering it for the instruction but I'm a bit confused about the event because they seem to have sooo much going on (time trials, racing, hpde, etc.). Can anyone shed some info about that event and their opinions of it?

Jesse Rink

Heh you wont since me since I'm in south korea :( I'll prolly be at the October event tho!

JRink
02-16-2005, 11:47 AM
Heh you wont since me since I'm in south korea :( I'll prolly be at the October event tho!
Excuses excuses... ;)

turbogarrett
02-16-2005, 12:15 PM
I plan on attending(driving), along with a friend and his STI. I have been wanting to do this since I bought my rx7 in '01, but the pos wankel engine always had other ideas :D

Jake B. (Killer Quad)
02-17-2005, 12:32 AM
well I'd love to attend(driving) but the money is not there this year.
What it cost to run this I can put it into my TA and GA for drag racing and make it back drag racing!

I loved it the year I did go an its an experiance I wish to do again soon but man its soo soo expensive, an me being a drag racer I'm used to getting money for my racing.

Hope I am free that weekend so i can go an watch an maybe catch a ride with someone!

SSmike1
02-17-2005, 06:19 AM
I loved it the year I did go an its an experiance I wish to do again soon but man its soo soo expensive, an me being a drag racer I'm used to getting money for my racing.

Hope I am free that weekend so i can go an watch an maybe catch a ride with someone!
ah Jake
Drag racing is like a 10 second ride,
and its ALL OVER. Kinda like Premature Ejaculation! :wow
NOW,
road racing is where its at! For 20 Minutes or LONGER!

93RedDevilZ28
02-17-2005, 07:23 PM
ah Jake
Drag racing is like a 10 second ride,
and its ALL OVER. Kinda like Premature Ejaculation! :wow
NOW,
road racing is where its at! For 20 Minutes or LONGER!

Is that a common problem for you mike? :nutkick

SSmike1
02-17-2005, 07:26 PM
Is that a common problem for you mike? :nutkick
hey now

i resemble that remark!
:wow
:chair:

No, i'm like the Everyready Bunny.

it just keeps on a ticken, even when its taken a licken!

Yooformula
02-17-2005, 08:25 PM
I think 1 thread is adequate besides I would like to see at least 1 thread about this race stay on topic(THE RACE) and not wander off. :thumbsup