PDA

View Full Version : MFBA @ Road America Is ON!!!!!!!

SSmike1
02-13-2005, 08:02 AM
Hey Guys,
when are you going to post the news!!!!!!!
that
the MFBA Club event at Road America is ON
for this April, 2005?
:thumbsup

:headbang

GTSLOW
02-13-2005, 03:56 PM
Ya only gotta post it in one place u ding bat! :punch:

SSmike1
02-13-2005, 09:15 PM
Ya only gotta post it in one place u ding bat! :punch:

hey
ill give ya such a one!
Ill knock you into tomorrow!
:rolf
:wow

im excited, cant ya tell.
:banana

y2kws6
02-14-2005, 08:00 AM
So who is up for a Toca Racer Challange :3gears:

Dan

SSmike1
02-14-2005, 12:11 PM
YES
someone who will play TOCA 2 with me!!!!!!!

:wooo
:)

Yooformula
02-14-2005, 12:54 PM
So really Mike, how many threads do you need for the same topic? :goof :loser :devil :alcoholic :headbang

Jake B. (Killer Quad)
02-14-2005, 05:11 PM
SEEMS LIKE ATLEAST 2 PER MESSAGE BOARD! :headbang

SSmike1
02-15-2005, 06:29 AM
Hey Yoosof & Jake & Nano,
quit picking on me! I am excited about going 140MPH,
and then slamming on the brakes,
just before i'm about to go off the track!!!!!!! :wooo

So really Mike, how many threads do you need for the same topic? :goof :loser :devil :alcoholic :headbang

SSmike1
02-15-2005, 06:31 AM
and this is the BEST-EST reason for the second post about RA,
it is not being hyjacked by stupid posts about who is doing what,
to who, to when, to how, bull poop! :goof

JUST posts about FUN FUN FUN.

I am just glad it is happening! :thumbsup
:rolf :D :rock:

GTSLOW
02-15-2005, 04:27 PM
it is not being hyjacked by stupid posts about who is doing what,to who, to when, to how, bull poop! :goof

:sgay :sgay :sgay :sgay :sgay :sgay

SSmike1
02-16-2005, 11:06 AM
YES!

the registration is up & running!

http://roadamerica.fbody.us/

SSmike1
02-26-2005, 09:04 AM
anybody here signed up yet???????
:)
:wooo

Syclone0044
02-26-2005, 10:18 AM
If nobody else is going to represent the Pickup Trucks, sounds like I may have to step up!! :banana http://www.greatlakesdragaway.com/gldforums/images/smilies/hehe.gif

I did pick up a Big Brake kit ; something right up your alley SSmike!! I got a kit for LS1 brakes! After seeing how hard yours stopped I thought it was a fantastic idea to get the same 11.6" LS1 brakes for my truck to replace the puny 10.5" stockers. Plus I can get the pads and rotors (and parts) ANYWHERE since it is just regular F Body brakes! :thumbsup Would be a shame to get this kit and then not use it -- not like I'm gonna use brakes in this manner anywhere else but Road America.

I'm trying to decide if I want to destroy my new transmission :puppyeyes last time I raced with a semi-failing transmission and the trans temp gauge was nearly maxxed out about half the time.

Anyone else racing with an automatic tranny? What were your temps like?
(Why do I have the feeling nobody will respond to this last question)

y2kws6
02-26-2005, 04:04 PM
Don't know what the trans temps were but I do know what it will do to a failing transmission (Kaboom)

Dan

Syclone0044
02-26-2005, 04:46 PM
I've got this transmission gauge:
http://www.import-racer.com/2/autometer-4357.jpg

And after 2-3 laps I don't think the needle actually hit the stop peg on the right (maximum reading) side, but it was really close. It would kinda of vary in about the 65%-98% range. On normal street cruising/drag racing I never saw it go past 185*F. My tranny's engine-braking was blown as well as not being as tight in general as it used to. AMAZINGLY my tranny seemed to suffer absolutely no deterioration in performance after 200 miles (7 sessions) of Road America racing! I bought a trailer because I was sure I would not be driving it home but it lasted and did not being slipping badly until many months of Drag Racing later. I do have a deep Derale tranny pan with cooling tubes, a 28,000 GVW (biggest they make) B&M stacked plate Supercooler, and an external transmission filter so that may have helped.

What actually happened to your trans y2kws6? You were at Road America and it actually went out with a bang? Did it move the vehicle forward whatsoever?

SSmike1
02-27-2005, 08:51 PM
josh
those trans temps are high. it should not go above 210.
i would guess that the Torque Converter is where all the heat is being made.
with the WOT
the converter is always slipping = heat.

i have a manual, as ya know, most road racers do!

GTSLOW
02-27-2005, 11:57 PM
Hmmm............. josh just do what they said couldnt be done........... T56 Syclone!!! :rock:

SSmike1
02-28-2005, 01:48 PM
well
i signed up for the event!!!!!!! :wooo
oh
man, now i am getting excited! :banana
oh man,
now i have to get my car ready!

Syclone0044
03-01-2005, 12:24 AM
Hmmm............. josh just do what they said couldnt be done........... T56 Syclone!!! :rock:
Try to find an adapter that mates the T56 to the BW-4472 transfer case http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies/LS1Tech/gr_jest.gif

I do love driving a manual; only for the reason you can floor it in any gear without FEAR of an unexpected downshift...

But other than that my favorite tranny of all time is the Syclone/Typhoon 700-R4.. it chirps the gears on occasion in AWD! Hardest shifting factory transmission GM has ever produced (no wonder they discontinued 'em - too many warranty failures!) It will easily spill any soda on the 1-2 shift! I totally love driving this automatic.

I guess I don't know which would be worse; rebuilding automatics that fail (the stocker lasted 65,000 mi and UNGODLY amounts of WOT behind a truck that went into the 11s), or replacing clutches that can't handle the torque :rolleyes: Guess I'll stick for what works; I'm not much of a fabricator and I do much prefer 1.6 60' (or better) compared to any miserable 60's and drivetrain breakage I would have with clutch dumps on a manual. I road race my truck once a year (if I'm lucky) but I cruise and drag race it all the time..

SSmike1
03-01-2005, 01:19 PM
ya,
if you are going to Road Race an auto tranny,
you need to get one that is
ApPROPRIATELY BUILT
for road racing.

Otherwise, 99.99999% of road racing cars have Manual trannys
for that reason!

GTSLOW
03-03-2005, 09:50 PM
Try to find an adapter that mates the T56 to the BW-4472 transfer case http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies/LS1Tech/gr_jest.gif

I do love driving a manual; only for the reason you can floor it in any gear without FEAR of an unexpected downshift...

But other than that my favorite tranny of all time is the Syclone/Typhoon 700-R4.. it chirps the gears on occasion in AWD! Hardest shifting factory transmission GM has ever produced (no wonder they discontinued 'em - too many warranty failures!) It will easily spill any soda on the 1-2 shift! I totally love driving this automatic.

I guess I don't know which would be worse; rebuilding automatics that fail (the stocker lasted 65,000 mi and UNGODLY amounts of WOT behind a truck that went into the 11s), or replacing clutches that can't handle the torque :rolleyes: Guess I'll stick for what works; I'm not much of a fabricator and I do much prefer 1.6 60' (or better) compared to any miserable 60's and drivetrain breakage I would have with clutch dumps on a manual. I road race my truck once a year (if I'm lucky) but I cruise and drag race it all the time..

Hell how mike drives he can spill the soda at any speed and gear..........<hear's mike stalling his maro in the background>

SSmike1
03-05-2005, 10:32 AM
Very Funny!

Funny Looking!
:rolf :durr :goof