PDA

View Full Version : step right up....

jbiscuit
02-10-2005, 03:02 PM
and have your car's picture taken by the Wagon.

I have some new equipment this year and I want to shoot a bunch of cars this spring/summer. Please PM me or post in here if you would be interested.

Heres what would go down...we can meet up and then scout a place or in some instances the location will be pre-determined. We will shoot a bunch of images (actual number would vary). Then I will download the shots from my camera at a later date, most likely a day or so later and retouch/color correct any that need post processing. I will save them all to a CD and get them to you for you to do as you wish. I can get you in contact with an online printer that does FANTASTIC enlargements, up to 20X30" full color matte/glossy. This would be a lot of fun and perhaps a great way to get a lot of nice shots together for next years calendar! I would archive all the images that I shoot to make sure some high-res shots exist for future use...

for my time, I just for a monetary contribution since I pay for all this equipment with my own money and use my time shooting.

This could be alot of fun and I look forward to shooting some awesome rides come spring! :headbang

Here is my equipment list:

Nikon D70 Digital SLR 6.1 megapixel effective sensor
Tamron 28-200 lens
Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens
Zenitar 16mm fisheye lens

Sandisk Ultra II 512mb compact flash cards (2)
Promaster 72mm Circular polarizing filter
Kenko close-up filter attachment
Velbon "grounder" 555 tripod

Post Processing:
Mac G4 w/ 1.2 GB RAM
Apple Studio Display 21"
Photoshop CS
Lexar Compact Flash card reader

THANKS! :thumbsup

nismodave
02-10-2005, 04:05 PM
How about a six pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon for some pics?

And do I have to bring my own Bikini clad Model for the hood? :thumbsup

946speedz
02-10-2005, 04:07 PM
count me in

SlowStee
02-10-2005, 04:12 PM
I'm in too bro... :)

TurboAWD2.0
02-10-2005, 07:37 PM
Sounds interesting; I'd like to do it.

Prince Valiant
02-10-2005, 09:43 PM
I need some glam shots...can you make her look beautiful? :goof

awsomeears
02-10-2005, 09:54 PM
ill role my neon up there............. front end is high cuz no motor. But ill have to charge people to take pic's of my car........... its rare :rolf

I alwaysed looked at your screen name and wondered what it looked like :confused

jbiscuit
02-11-2005, 08:19 AM
I need some glam shots...can you make her look beautiful? :goof

I charge $50/hour for my Photoshop work...I estimate about 37 hours of work needed per image for it to come out "beautiful." Now if you just wanted to go with the "Stunning" package, I could get that done in about 23 hours. :goof

Great response you guys! I will be excited to do some shooting.

Models are always encouraged :thumbsup Though don't be surprised if you don't get any shots of your car back from me :wooo :rolf

SMS 1
02-11-2005, 11:29 AM
Great response you guys!

I think I tried this same thing last year and the only one who showed ANY interest at all was Scales :punch:

DirtyMax
02-11-2005, 11:42 AM
If the date works, I'd like to come. Plus people who know more about cameras than me can possibly show me how to use mine to its potential.

jbiscuit
02-11-2005, 11:48 AM
I can't shoot everyone's car on the same day. this will have to happen over the course of a few weekends. You are more than welcome to come and hang out though and observe. I would be glad to take a peek at your camera and possibly show you a few things.

I am looking forward to a great year. I want to shoot a lot of photos and try to make it to a lot of different events.

Ben you and I need to get together and figure out a game plan for the spring/summer and try to get together for a few of these events to capture as many photos as possible.

J :headbang

JC70SS
02-11-2005, 01:30 PM
i'm in...... :thumbsup

jbiscuit
02-11-2005, 02:06 PM
AWESOME JOE!!!! I would love to shoot some older cars! I have everything I need to shoot autos this year so as soon as you guys bust your cars out, its go time!

SMS 1
02-12-2005, 10:37 AM
If the date works, I'd like to come. Plus people who know more about cameras than me can possibly show me how to use mine to its potential.

Dude, we got an upcoming outing with the picshooter.com crowd (kinda) check it out.

lotsals1
02-12-2005, 06:18 PM
well if i get the new paint on -i do ok for a cheesy digital camera--but you may get some cool effects

JC70SS
02-12-2005, 09:44 PM
hehe!!

Korndogg
02-12-2005, 10:30 PM
ill do it..

i need some good shots of her.

SMS 1
02-13-2005, 10:52 AM
Ben you and I need to get together and figure out a game plan for the spring/summer and try to get together for a few of these events to capture as many photos as possible.

J :headbang

I up for helpin out if ya want ;) Let me know.

Plus I gotz medium format equip now for supe HUGE enlargements :shades

mattGT95
02-13-2005, 03:42 PM
hey, i'd like to have some pics taken of my cars, and my bike.

pm me what / where and how much would work for you.. i'm thinking a few months from now obviously.

jbiscuit
02-14-2005, 12:40 PM
yeah weather pending of course, I would be up to start shooting as soon as we can get some nice weather. I have a few spots that might make for some nice backdrops and such for car shots but I am open for new suggestions, locations. :thumbsup

jbiscuit
02-15-2005, 09:47 AM
bumps! :thumbsup