PDA

View Full Version : Thirdgen Fest 05 Who's Going ???

PonyKiller87
02-09-2005, 06:22 PM
I was browsing the new info the Denny(guy that puts on thirdgen fest at his house other wise known as the thirdgen ranch) Anyways its Memorial day weekend again this year. Same basic thing as last year, which was awesome. Its a car show from 11:00am to about 7:00ish then everyone goes out for a cruise. Denny has tons of parts for sale, and at very reasonable prices. And once again there is a car raffle. 82 pace car camaro at $35 a ticket. Registration for the event is $35 per car(3rd Gen F-bodies only) and it includes one raffle ticket.

Last year even though my car wasnt ready, Brandon, Tyler, Mark, Matt and myself went down for the show. It was well worth the short road trip down to Crete, IL(about 1.5 hr) We camped out at a small campground that is only a mile or two from Denny's house, which was very convient.

We are going again this year, and my car will be going this time. If anyone else wants to join us your more than welcome. We may need to get 2 camp sites though if more people want to camp.

loud91rs
02-09-2005, 09:17 PM
I didn't make it down last year, but I'm really hoping i can at least go to the show this year because I know my car won't be up to my standards to show but oh well. Sounds like it'll be a good time!

SMS 1
02-10-2005, 08:18 AM
I'd love to go but I know there is no way in hell my car will be done (prob not even running yet :rolleyes: ) but I'd frickin love to go.

Wait a minute. Memorial day is when again? End or begining of May? If it's at the end I am screwed totally :(

PonyKiller87
02-10-2005, 11:31 AM
It would be awesome if we could get a huge group to drive down together, but if your car isn't done, thats cool too, either hitch a ride with someone or bring your daily driver. It sucked not having my car there with my last year but it was still definatly worth going to the show.

Anyone know if Tyler ever finished that LS1 swap? I know thats what held him up from going last year.

Anakonda69
02-10-2005, 06:02 PM
maybe i will win the car this year damnit...hey kev i still got the ticket for a free night of camping from the campground...lol

69Chevelle
02-10-2005, 08:01 PM
Anyone know if Tyler ever finished that LS1 swap? I know thats what held him up from going last year.[/QUOTE]

No he did not.

will it be going this year bone :confused

Z28Girl
02-14-2005, 01:44 PM
I have a big piece of property in Burlington with no nieghbors and would like to put on some kind of F-body get together, cook out. Anyone have any interest in that? Any ideas?

Diana

SMS 1
02-15-2005, 06:53 AM
Ya OK so I guess we wont be going this year. Not going to be driving all the way back from Illinois if the kid decides it wants out :goof

Guess we'll have to shoot for next year again :(

BadAzzGTA89
02-15-2005, 04:03 PM
I will go this year if i can find a steering column by then :fire
If not maybe pull it down on a car dolly LOL :rolf Or me and tyler can go in on a car trailer :rolf :rolf :chair:

69Chevelle
02-15-2005, 07:33 PM
Or me and tyler can go in on a car trailer :rolf :rolf :chair:

Sounds like a good idea for bone maybe my red RAM can pull it finally. :rolf

Knyghtmare
02-22-2005, 03:06 PM
Sounds like a good idea for bone maybe my red RAM can pull it finally. :rolf

Ha ha ha...

But yeah, hopefuly I will have my car running in time to go to this... funny because I remember trying to set up a big cruise there last year hoping to have my car ready and its still not. This year I hope.

PonyKiller87
02-22-2005, 07:05 PM
funny because I remember trying to set up a big cruise there last year hoping to have my car ready and its still not. This year I hope.

No offense or anything Tyler but thats why I jumped on planning it this year just in case your not ready again, because I think a few people ended up not going when you backed out. And just like last year, Im going no matter what, fortunatly my car will be ready this year.

All I want is to see the biggest group of 3rd gens rollin down there as we can get.

And the place that the party for me or Mark to run back up here, grab one of our trucks and a trailer to tow something home.

P.S. Tyler, what do you all have to do on that thing yet? need any help?

PonyKiller87
03-07-2005, 05:58 PM
Just bumpin this to the top and seeing how everyones doing? What does everyone need to do yet to get there 3rd gen ready for the summer yet?

In the next few weeks I will be dropping in a new fuel pump, adjustable fuel presure regulator, hopefully a pro 5.0 shifter for the T56, and some subframe conectors.

loud91rs
03-07-2005, 06:51 PM
my car doesn't really NEED anything...but the paint looks like crap so i'd be kind of embarrased to take it looking the way it does :crying otherwise i'd go.

PonyKiller87
03-07-2005, 10:17 PM
Jason,

Don't worry about it, trust me if some of the cars show up that were there last year you will be far from the bottom of the barrel. There were at least five cars last year that were either: primer, milti colored, severly peeled, or just rusted to hell, oh and some that qualified for more than one of those. Thats kind the cool part about it being all thirdgen people, alot of people are more interested in the mods and custom stuff than they are the paint job. My car is far from perfect, especialy with my slightly tweeked hood, but it still looks, sounds and drives good.

Sparkyballs
03-13-2005, 07:57 PM
im going but im bringin my 4th gen

BadAzzGTA89
03-19-2005, 10:19 PM
I am in :thumbsup
When are we gonna find out meet up spots and times?

PonyKiller87
04-29-2005, 02:15 PM
For anyone that wants to go with a group we will be leaving Friday night around 7ish (I will have more details soon) We are heading down to the campgrounds to drop some stuff off, and then going over to Denny's house for a bonfire/party. The show starts at 11:00 on sat and there is a cruise sat night, we are camping out one more night after that and coming home sunday.

Anyone that plans on caravaning down there with us and camping PM me so I can reserve enough campsites. I need to know in the next few days because I will be reserving the sites next week. If you have any questions let me know.

Knyghtmare
04-29-2005, 03:47 PM
I will be making it this year. :thumbsup

Knyghtmare
05-19-2005, 11:32 AM
Dammit this date has crept up on me pretty fast. If I dont get this tranny issue solved fast my car will not be attending. :(

PonyKiller87
05-19-2005, 01:01 PM
Whats the issue? Need any help?

All I have to do is finish my wipersetup and get a new windshield put in.

Knyghtmare
05-20-2005, 10:16 AM
Its not shifting. Im getting it figured out I think... I probably do need help I am juist not sure with what yet! haha
Thanks. I will hopefully had it ready by next weekend

PonyKiller87
05-20-2005, 11:29 AM
Ok thats cool

So Back to the original question. We are leaving to head down there in about 7 days, whos all going ?

So far I know it will be My Iroc, Marks ws6, and Matts truck pullin the camper. If anyone else wants to join us let me know so I can make sure we have space in the campground.

I just got my registration packet in the mail yesterday, I'm number 34, I think as of now the count is right around 42 registered and there expecting at least 20 on top of that. 50 Thirdgens is a pretty good showing considering the amount of us that end up not finishing our cars in time or having them break.

Knyghtmare
05-24-2005, 04:03 PM
Well **** didnt go my way yet again this year, so I wont be taking my car and I will probably just not go either... :( :punch: