PDA

View Full Version : Dead Forum or what??

SlowStee
02-06-2005, 09:06 PM
So where are we gonna stand this spring/summer with f-bodies??? How many people are gonna be representing for the f-bods??? what kind of times we expecting?? Chris, Tom, Yoo, Tim you steppin it up or what??? Chris going to the darkside?!?? :confused

If everything goes nicely (money-wise) I should be representing somewhat for the LT1's, with Basic bolt-ons and then some :)

:headbang :D

WilliamZ
02-07-2005, 12:05 PM
I am picking up my 1999 Trans Am this week. Black, chrome wheels, t-tops, grey leather, auto, and it has 44,000 miles.. I don't know how soon the mods are going to be bolted on because insurance is going to bust my balls for a bit..

BAD LS1
02-07-2005, 12:19 PM
Get stroked! Size does matter... is all i can say for my plans :rolf

Im not making an speculations for "times" at this point All looks good on paper so far... but reality is always a different outcome :D It "should" drop into the competitive field with some of our more faster mustang counter parts...

I will not jinx my self anymore :)

Crawlin
02-07-2005, 01:11 PM
i can't afford to keep up with the big pockets of Tommy Gun here. So i was selling a TON of stuff off the car. oh well

Chris

BAD LS1
02-07-2005, 01:40 PM
i can't afford to keep up with the big pockets of Tommy Gun here. So i was selling a TON of stuff off the car. oh well

Chris

Deep pockets HA HA NOT, especially after this project :(

Yooformula
02-07-2005, 02:19 PM
Total honesty. If I can afford to keep my car, I wont be able to do what my plans were so.......modding is almost out of the question.

I would like to do some old school mod days again and maybe a cookout once we close on our house in 17 days!!!

SlowStee
02-07-2005, 02:42 PM
Total honesty. If I can afford to keep my car, I wont be able to do what my plans were so.......modding is almost out of the question.

I would like to do some old school mod days again and maybe a cookout once we close on our house in 17 days!!!
Your pretty well set with mods anyways....Man i think I would be sad if you sold the Formula....I guess toms the only one who has somethin goin :thumbsup :crying :D

WhiteZCamaro
02-07-2005, 06:07 PM
I would like to say that i will have my cam in before spring, but I also have a baby due in may so hopefully i will have extra money to finish. It would be really nice to win the lottery right now! :drool:

loud91rs
02-08-2005, 05:00 PM
i stripped my 91 rs and bought a 91 z28 convertible. i'll be stuck in the 17's with the civics of the world this summer...damn 305 automatic.

Scales
02-08-2005, 10:30 PM
My plans for the winter is to let it sit and get dusty. Then come summer, I need to finish (ok start) the tuning/prom burning. I'd also like to replace all the suspension and maybe some subframe connectors. But we'll see how the money goes...

A B4C Z
02-09-2005, 12:44 AM
Hey.... :shades

SlowStee
02-09-2005, 06:46 AM
Hey.... :shades
Forgot your an LS1 guy now :D

Vixen TA
02-19-2005, 11:56 AM
I plan on simple things this year. I have a sound system being put in next week. A Hood this spring and air/lid for function, BMR brace, custom FRC...that's it for this year.
:)

Maybe some drag tires/wheels for the track.

chargedformula
02-22-2005, 05:03 PM
i have been mainly investing in tools. my funds are down at the moment because i got laid off. i did however buy an electric cutout. sure its not going to give me crazy power but it will make it sound cool when i want it too. i decided this year that im gonna do an awesome burnout at the track and let her rip. either im gonna get an awesome time or the rear is gonna blow out and i will have an excuse to buy that 12 bolt that i have always wanted.

SlowStee
02-22-2005, 05:11 PM
i have been mainly investing in tools. my funds are down at the moment because i got laid off. i did however buy an electric cutout. sure its not going to give me crazy power but it will make it sound cool when i want it too. i decided this year that im gonna do an awesome burnout at the track and let her rip. either im gonna get an awesome time or the rear is gonna blow out and i will have an excuse to buy that 12 bolt that i have always wanted.
Ive only seen one guy with a Formula like that...And thats the guy who works at UPS in elm grove...:)

Crawlin
02-22-2005, 05:41 PM
http://www.bmrfabrication.com/buildup/turbo.jpg

Don't worry about it.....

SloFarmTruck
02-22-2005, 05:48 PM
:headbang

Hey now that some kind of new-fangled can opener or sumting? Regardless lets not waste that quality can of soda!!!

chargedformula
02-22-2005, 09:57 PM
yup, that would be me. so where do i know you from?

SlowStee
02-22-2005, 10:52 PM
yup, that would be me. so where do i know you from?
I drive the OTHER Formula at UPS... Talked to you a few times :D

chargedformula
02-22-2005, 11:12 PM
oooooh ok. i have the famous window problem now. my drivers side window started going up real slow until one day it just quit. im still not sure if i want to do that myself or just pay the dealership to do the hassle for me.

SlowStee
02-23-2005, 02:01 AM
oooooh ok. i have the famous window problem now. my drivers side window started going up real slow until one day it just quit. im still not sure if i want to do that myself or just pay the dealership to do the hassle for me.
My window still needs fixing :D

SlowStee
02-23-2005, 02:02 AM

Mountain dew is your secret??!?!?!??? :eek: :goof

junk mx6 no rly
02-23-2005, 02:38 AM
well ill be representing with a big block alot better than what ive been doing in the past i had a 305 carb for 3yrs so i payed my dues now its time to have some real fun. :headbang :headbang :fire :devil

UnderPSI
02-23-2005, 08:22 AM
I have some plans up my sleeve, no basket ball sized turbo though. :wooo

MitchMeister-
03-29-2005, 01:23 AM
Uh.. fix my roof ( i got that craptasitic attempt at a targa top t/a), new transmission.. (actually have a nice clutchfork, tranny mount, and a non-chattering throwout bearing), get new tires (fusion zri's- bastards only come in 245, 50, r16's tho .. and i currently have 255's. ) , and then purchase my 383 short block. The first 3 should be happening later this week. The last hopefully before june. Then re-gear the rearend and get an aluminum drive shaft. Then paint the POS. i dont like white. not on a third gen. Black. or midnight Blue. mmmm :D

Sexy83TA
03-29-2005, 09:16 AM
i dont like white. not on a third gen. Black. or midnight Blue. mmmm :D

What do you got agaisnt white on third gens?

WhiteZCamaro
03-29-2005, 02:33 PM
White cars Are just plain ugly!! :puke J/K :goof

MitchMeister-
03-29-2005, 02:54 PM
sorry heather.. no offense to urs. i just dont like mine white.

OO i bought a 87 Trans Am GTA today. POS tho.. 305HO auto, red, t-top. rusty as a biatch and got ran into on the rear fender. im stealing the interior since mine is crap, the entire dash and 140 gauge cluster, the tail lights, all the emblems, the rear end, and possibly cutting the roof off. Best of all i bought it for $150 from my friend! And it is a WS6 also. so i might steal the suspension. Were the control arms/sway bars and all that better than stock on those, or was it just the shocks/struts/coils cause mine are aftermarket already. :headbang

Sexy83TA
03-29-2005, 09:01 PM
Mitch-

Way to go on having yet another firebird! That makes 3 youve owned in the last 3 years?

I just got a 94 Explorer today.

I read all the stuff you planned on on doing to your TA, I plan on getting stuff finally done to my car this year as well. Once we're both done with it, we should meet at the grove and try them out ;)