PDA

View Full Version : GLD is 50 years old and looking for Bands...

TuffEnuff
02-02-2005, 01:42 AM
...and other possible types of entertainment to play on the "Back 40" stage.

This is going to be a REALLY cool performance area and *I* have been put in charge of finding good entertainment to perform all summer long.

I am going to try to put together a 40'x40' stage with a HUGE sound system (to cover 5000+ people).

I am also going to try to book some national acts...so I need bands that may want to open for them and also be "headliners" on other days.

I am also thinking about doing a HUGE KARAOKE EVENT!!!

How would YOU like to sing on a stage like this....

http://www.wisconsinstreetdominators.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=815

Thats the stage set up we had for Harleyfest!

Sooooo....

If you're interested go to www.TSAProductions.net and get a hold of me.

JC70SS
02-02-2005, 12:54 PM
Tuff, I will have my friend call you asap that has a very good 80's-present band.

Yooformula
02-02-2005, 12:57 PM
...Thats the stage set up we had for Harleyfest!

Ahhh, so your the one who booked Elton!:chair:

TuffEnuff
02-02-2005, 02:40 PM
No...I booked the Booze Brothers (Bluse Brothers tribute)

But, we got rained out.

MT98Z
02-02-2005, 10:07 PM
I'm going to try another RSD event this year and if there is another DJ show going on in the back round,so loud you couldn't hear the racing or anouncing,I'm going to turn around at the gate and leave.I don't remember the date but I think it was the first one last year that they had that DJ show there, how annoying.I guess if your going to have that **** there keep it down,I'm there to enjoy the racing not music.I for sure have 10 people that agree,and won't go back.I would be willing to bet if asked more would agree.I don't mind some entertainment but that was ridiculious.

SmokinRAM114
02-02-2005, 10:16 PM
Ahhh, so your the one who booked Elton!:chair:

:rolf :rolf :rolf :fire

Prince Valiant
02-02-2005, 10:28 PM
For Kareoke, I am so totally going to sing "berzerker!" :thumbsup

Lash
02-02-2005, 10:35 PM
lol

nismodave
02-03-2005, 12:53 AM
Hey RSD is great.

Between the Jet Car, Stunt Bike Riders falling, Super Long Lines in the Staging and at Tech/Pumps, Emcee/Rap Music Blaring in your ears, Security Searching your 2 seater for Stow-aways,Trafic Jams in the pits, Stoping the races because too many people in front of the Start line stands..........They get some racing done.

220mph
02-03-2005, 08:40 AM
i have some friends that have a band. they play at the rave a lot. they are influenced by Local H, nirvana, and all types of alternative. they can jam and im sure they will play for free. they have a webpage so you can listen to some of there music. if you are interested in finding more let me know. i dont know what type of music you want to play. yep

TuffEnuff
02-03-2005, 10:53 AM
I'm going to try another RSD event this year and if there is another DJ show going on in the back round,so loud you couldn't hear the racing or anouncing,I'm going to turn around at the gate and leave.I don't remember the date but I think it was the first one last year that they had that DJ show there, how annoying.I guess if your going to have that **** there keep it down,I'm there to enjoy the racing not music.I for sure have 10 people that agree,and won't go back.I would be willing to bet if asked more would agree.I don't mind some entertainment but that was ridiculious.

First off...*I* did not book that group, the TRACK DID! (remember...I dont own the place,I just race/work there)

Second.... anybody that would not come back to RSD just because of there being a loud DJ is a sissy. NOT ONE SINGLE person said anything to me *that* day...I have only heard the whining of internet babies about it.

Third...What this thread is about has nothing to do with RSD.

TuffEnuff
02-03-2005, 12:02 PM
Hey RSD is great.

Between the Jet Car, Stunt Bike Riders falling, Super Long Lines in the Staging and at Tech/Pumps, Emcee/Rap Music Blaring in your ears, Security Searching your 2 seater for Stow-aways,Trafic Jams in the pits, Stoping the races because too many people in front of the Start line stands..........They get some racing done.

Whats the matter? You couldnt get your 75 hot laps in???

This is NOT a test and tune

(I repeat)

(I repeat)

(I repeat)

(I repeat)

This is NOT a test and tune!!!!

If you want to get your 4 million hot laps in....go on a tuesday.

RSD is for people who want to STREET RACE! We just provide a short T&T time so they can adjust for THAT days conditions.

Jet cars are cool...so as far as I am concerned, ANYBODY that can run a 5 second 1/4 mile can do it anytime they want at RSD.( when you go that fast you'll be able to do the same)

Stunt bike guys are there to entertain when there is an oil down on the track....it's just to help pass the time by while we clean up.

Super long lines in the staging lanes? What can I say? RSD is the shiznit....everybody wants to be there. Can it be TOO good of an event? Just because a car runs 14's, I cant tell them that they are too slow and they cant race.RSD is geared towards the "big baller" street race guys who are serious about "getting down" for money....not the "I want to see if my(stock) cavalier is faster than my buddies (stock)CRX"

As far as the rappers go...The track hired them...not me.

Security Searching your 2 seater for Stow-aways?? .....um YEAH...we found 30+ people trying to sneak in. Thats not fair for them to get in for free while everybody else has to pay. FOR THE RECORD: I never wanted to do that,however, I had sooooooo many complaints about it (from people who PAID) something had to be done. Expect more of the same in the future.

Trafic Jams in the pits?? I agree...isnt it amazing how many STUPID people there are out there? how hard is it to park your car? sorry, but I dont have time to babysit the parking lot.

Stopping the races because too many people in front of the Start line stands??? I guess these are the same people who can't park a car. However, this causes a safety problem so I have NO CHOICE but to babysit the same ignorant group. Sucks don't it?

They get some racing done???

Sometimes I get lucky and the "herd" forgets to take their stupid pill before they leave the house and I *actually* get to run a few decent cars down the track....and *gasp* I sometimes get to run MY car too.

I guess we can either dwell on the "darkside" of things or we can just look for the "brightside" and do our best to have a good time because THATS what it's all about!

See ya at the races....I hope this clears a few things up for you.

Tuff!

nismodave
02-03-2005, 06:38 PM
Ahhh....Finally got a response from you.

On another thread you Bash our place we cruise and then you cant take critisizm??

You are so high and Mighty that your little events have got some recognition, you think you are beyond listening to complaints.

1)Jet cars and Stunt Bikes have nothing to do with street racing.

2)If you had someone to direct some of the traffic it would help, and someone to help at the pumps.

3)If you have problems with people in the front of stands, then rope the area off.

Stay in IL . Run your event at Joliet if you cannot take critisizm.

Have a nice day.

lotsals1
02-03-2005, 10:08 PM
http://www.metal-men.com/sched.html
A buddy of mine--its his band --

MT98Z
02-04-2005, 12:16 AM
First off...*I* did not book that group, the TRACK DID! (remember...I dont own the place,I just race/work there)

Second.... anybody that would not come back to RSD just because of there being a loud DJ is a sissy. NOT ONE SINGLE person said anything to me *that* day...I have only heard the whining of internet babies about it.

Third...What this thread is about has nothing to do with RSD.

First... I don't care who booked them,somebody needed to say something.

Second...as you can see I'm mot the only one thinks you/somebody needs to run that different.When you sit in the stands and can't hear crap it sucks,I consider internet babies somebody''NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON''.If we ever go back I'll get every body to say somthing about it,we never been back to say anything.NOt trying to give you a hard time,just some opinions.

Third.... You do have something to do with RSD

TuffEnuff
02-04-2005, 01:48 AM
First... I don't care who booked them,somebody needed to say something.

Second...as you can see I'm mot the only one thinks you/somebody needs to run that different.When you sit in the stands and can't hear crap it sucks,I consider internet babies somebody''NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON''.If we ever go back I'll get every body to say somthing about it,we never been back to say anything.NOt trying to give you a hard time,just some opinions.

Third.... You do have something to do with RSD

HELLLLLOOOOOOOOOO Mc FLLLLLYYYYYYYYY.....

Like I said before...*I* did not book that group...the OWNERS of the track did!!!

*I* dont OWN the track so I couldnt stop it

*IF* you WOULD have come back you would have KNOWN that *I* said something to the owners AFTER the race... and that group has NOT been back since.

I found out (after the race) that it was bugging people... so *I* handled it. But, how could you know that because you havent been back since...right? so why did you wait until NOW to complain about this???

TuffEnuff
02-04-2005, 02:39 AM
Now that I think about it...there have been a TON of changes made since mid-summer of last year that HELPED RSD quite a bit...but, you weren't there so, you wouldnt know...but, I still have to take grief for the fact that you didn't know?

It is not easy trying to control that crowd..(or pleasing them either)

Now, if any of you would like to HELP make it better....I am currently looking for people to be on the RSD staff.

PM if interested.

TuffEnuff
02-04-2005, 12:05 PM
Hmmmmm....nobody wants to HELP...only complain.

Teufelhunden
02-04-2005, 12:23 PM
I am currently looking for people to be on the RSD staff.

Was that an official notice or just for this bitchfest? I didn't see a "help wanted" sign on Realstreetdrags.net...

TuffEnuff
02-04-2005, 03:36 PM
Yes, I am putting a crew together now...

Syclone0044
02-04-2005, 07:11 PM
Brian I would offer to help but I already help by promoting RSD and attending every one with friends and even racing in some. I think the event is great and while it surely has its flaws none would keep me from coming back.

You have to understand this board has a handful of GLD-whiners who expect to have an empty NHRA drag strip in their backyard with no lines.. Too bad they couldn't try drag racing in other areas of the country to see how good they have it already.. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone just some of the GLD complaint threads I have seen in the past.

Neal Steffek
02-04-2005, 08:28 PM
Too bad they couldn't try drag racing in other areas of the country to see how good they have it already...

HAHA, thats is some funny reading. GLD by far is the worst track I have ever been to. And I have been to tracks all over the midwest.

I think a lot of you need to let GLD know how bad they are, not Tuff. He is a cool guy but like he said, he only works there. Trust me people have been *****'n about GLD for years, but the owner is in it for only the money, not for people to like him. Tuff actually has a passion for what he is doing and I wish him the best for what he has to work with.

TuffEnuff
02-05-2005, 02:26 AM
To be fair to the owners...I personally think that the "owners" really *DO* care about the racers

The Track has had problems with some of the staff and their attitudes...unfortunately it's hard to control that.

Yes, you can fire a guy for giving your customers greif BUT, it's not easy finding people who will DO the things the track guys do.

Not to mention....*I* have also been to other tracks in the midwest and other than RT 66 nothing compares to GLD. Just wait until you see the changes in store for THIS season.

Keep in mind too, Unless you have WORKED at that place....you have NO freakin idea what kind of crap we have to deal with from the racers and spectators.People try to pull ALL kinds of crap at that place.

My suggestion: Instead of complaining, ask the owners if you can HELP. You just might be supprised what you'll find.

Ask for RANDY,or come find ME and I will show you to him.

Syclone0044
02-05-2005, 11:29 AM
I guess what I'm saying about other tracks is, look at the tracks at California, the guys I know out there are lucky to get 2 runs in the whole day after getting there 2 hours early to even get a tech card. Even worse I know a handful of people in the South, East, and in Canada where their local tracks are only an 1/8 mile and the nearest 1/4 mile track is like 5 hours away. How would you like to tell your friends just your "1/8 MI TIME"??? Would be kind of lame "estimating" what it would be in a quarter mile, don'tcha think?? (Although I'm sure it would put my truck at an unfair advantage MuHaHahaha!! :devil :durr )

I'm just glad we have a local track that's close and open for test and tune more often than any other track in the country... and it's 1/4 mi long!

Jake B. (Killer Quad)
02-06-2005, 12:49 PM
Good deal Tuff get some more shiat going on there, are the bands going to be for more than just the RSD's????

And props on the RSD's they draw one hell of a crowd, I'd love to see that at the import races an the Summit Series races. Also I like that they are mostly on Thursdays, keeping the weekends and weeknights open for events an TT.

The RSD's are way too nutz for me though. I just like watching for them nights. But its all good cuz what they bring in help make GLD better!
Like... paved pits(remeber the huge pot holes a couple years ago!), new pavement at the entry gate, better lighting, revamping the electrical system there(hence why there was no power in the pits at the end of this year), wider repaved track with CONCRETE WALLS!!! An there is much more to come!

one last thing what other tracks in the midwest are open 3 nights a week for test an tune every week!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya other places are better to race a big event at but there not so freindly to the ocasional racer who only gose once and awhile.

T-Bag
02-06-2005, 11:49 PM
I plan on attending most of the RSD's this year as I've never been to one before. What kind of help are they looking for?