PDA

View Full Version : Twin Turbo 05 Mustang GT development.

fireguyrick
02-01-2005, 02:12 PM
The guys that are doing my STi are working on a TT kit for the Mustang GT. After 10 days they already have 350rwhp with just 3.5 psi. They are working up to 450rwhp @7-8psi hopefully.

Ultimate-Racing (http://www.ultimate-racing.com/Products/Ford-US-MustangGTTurboKit.shtml)

Pretty intresting IMHO, and I thought I would share with the rest of you.

Rick

FYI: for those that know STi's there Stage 3 kit (what is getting tossed in my STi) makes a bit over 400awhp with ~18psi on pump 93 octane gas.

Crawlin
02-01-2005, 03:43 PM
Pretty sweet idea.

Although, check THIS out...

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/MustangBuildup1.htm

totally different goals, but cool since we are on that topic

scubastang
02-02-2005, 01:29 PM
yep the ultimate is going to be nice as it tucks those little turbos down under near the tranny. Not sure how they are going to design their oiling system for the feeds. I would personally if anyones in the market wait for the MMR single system. Mark Lutton is a great guy and really really knows his modulars.

irregardless, that motor is not going to last above 400rwhp very long thanks to powdered, weak internals.

xsbc63x
02-02-2005, 01:55 PM
or else you could get a stock ls1 car

fireguyrick
02-02-2005, 02:28 PM
irregardless, that motor is not going to last above 400rwhp very long thanks to powdered, weak internals.

I would be suprised if it does not last for a few years. They have been daily driving a WRX, and racing it, with the stock internals and tranny, for 2 years that puts down about 368awhp. Not to mention I know a few people that have had their S2000 kit for awhile now with ZERO problems.

Of course anytime you start drasticly modifying a car you cut back on its life, but alot depends on how good of a tune you can get.

Rick

Teufelhunden
02-02-2005, 03:00 PM
I would be suprised if it does not last for a few years. They have been daily driving a WRX, and racing it, with the stock internals and tranny, for 2 years that puts down about 368awhp. Not to mention I know a few people that have had their S2000 kit for awhile now with ZERO problems.

Of course anytime you start drasticly modifying a car you cut back on its life, but alot depends on how good of a tune you can get.

Rick

Yeah I agree and most will, it's all in the tuning.

My '99 4.6 2V motor lasted about 13,000 miles on a unmoddifed stock boost/tune Vortech kit(~370bhp). Cracked a hyper-pathetic piston.

I was just looking at the kit...why the mitsu turbos? I guess if I was going to plunk down some big bucks for a twin setup I'd want the lastest and greatest turbo designs....Garrett GT.

scubastang
02-02-2005, 03:30 PM
or else you could get a stock ls1 car

STFU we are not talking about 13 second cars here. :goof

Rick - thats a lot of horses for a daily WRX, sweet! They are hard compared to the EVO to pump out high hp, or compared to many cars as i have seen. Sweet cars though.

I agree with you - like anything, as long as you arent detontating...ie running too high boost on pump gass etc your fine on those mod motors up to around 450rwhp. Put a set of rods and pistons in, then crank her up to 600rwhp!

scubastang
02-02-2005, 03:37 PM
Yeah I agree and most will, it's all in the tuning.

My '99 4.6 2V motor lasted about 13,000 miles on a unmoddifed stock boost/tune Vortech kit(~370bhp). Cracked a hyper-pathetic piston.

I was just looking at the kit...why the mitsu turbos? I guess if I was going to plunk down some big bucks for a twin setup I'd want the lastest and greatest turbo designs....Garrett GT.

what were you useing for tuning? hyper pistons are not necessarily worse than forged persay - they just wont hold up to detonation, but it not like a forged will either!!!! Barry from atlanta and others have been pumping probably 550-650rwhp with turbos through hyper 5.0 blocks for a long ass time through hypers. Just get your a/f down right away and run good gass and your golden!

well the only GTs in that size are like the gt28s which are $$$

a single GT42 + built shortblock 05 = :drool:

Teufelhunden
02-02-2005, 04:21 PM
what were you useing for tuning? hyper pistons are not necessarily worse than forged persay - they just wont hold up to detonation, but it not like a forged will either!!!! Barry from atlanta and others have been pumping probably 550-650rwhp with turbos through hyper 5.0 blocks for a long ass time through hypers. Just get your a/f down right away and run good gass and your golden!

well the only GTs in that size are like the gt28s which are $$$

a single GT42 + built shortblock 05 = :drool:

I guess the key is that my engine was a stock production piece.

Tuning, Vortech provides a chip with the 99 GT kit, thats it. There's much more to it than that. 1999 was the first year for the returnless fuel system, it had the aftermarket companies scratching their heads(cant use a AFPR/FMU). Vortech, IMO, rushed their kit to market without enough testing, it came without a fuel pump upgrade. If you look on their website the 99 kit STILL comes without a pump but the 2001-2004 GT kits do (same car people). This was back in the summer/fall 2000 when autologic programming wasn't available everywhere. No one around here knew what autologic programming was, even Anderson down it IL, was scratching his head. I believe their words were, "No FMU, huh?" That was 2000 though...

Sorry for the hijack. :D

xsbc63x
02-02-2005, 05:49 PM
what do you think that mustang is gonna run tens??

scubastang
02-03-2005, 11:38 AM
No one around here knew what autologic programming was, even Anderson down it IL, was scratching his head. I believe their words were, "No FMU, huh?" That was 2000 though...

Sorry for the hijack. :D

that is wonderful Anderson for you! I tried ordering afr heads and some other parts through them and they are rude, overpriced and many times dont know wtf they are talking about - prime example FMU!!!??? FMUs were nice...in 1995 lol!

who is this typical dumb****k ls1 guy?? uhuh uhuh, ls1 is the god of all engines!! you tink dat der rustang gonna run 10s?

i tell you what, go look through your Summit catalog and dream about that naawwwwss shot some more and how your "bolt on" ls1 is gonna run 10s

:chair:

xsbc63x
02-03-2005, 12:01 PM
are you getting mad awww

Crawlin
02-03-2005, 01:31 PM
i ran 11.50's on a stock weight, 3200 stall/air lid/exhaust/100 shot, on stock rims with 16" e.t. streets. get the weight down, headers/off road y-pipe, fuel pump, 150 shot, slicks skinnies, i quite possibly could have gotten there(to the 10's).

I don't know what the "typical LS1 guy" comment was all about. your off base for that one.

and just as an FYI, while being gutted, a completely STOCK LS1 long block motor, normally aspirated, has gone 10's in a 4th gen street car.

BAD LS1
02-03-2005, 02:34 PM
Well Chris... looks like me and you gotta go diggin on LS1tech to retrieve links on all the ALL motor 34x CI LS1 cars that are in the 10s... Thats gonna be alot of links to post :mad:

BAD LS1
02-03-2005, 02:37 PM
who is this typical dumb****k ls1 guy?? uhuh uhuh, ls1 is the god of all engines!! you tink dat der rustang gonna run 10s?

i tell you what, go look through your Summit catalog and dream about that naawwwwss shot some more and how your "bolt on" ls1 is gonna run 10s

And what kinda LS1 smokin' hot rod chariot do you sport :confused

Maybe you can surprise this "typical LS1 DUMBFUKK" come springtime :confused

FYI the guy your cocking off in your above post... maybe you'll find out how "bolt on" his car is ;)

BOSS LX
02-03-2005, 02:40 PM
And Anderson Ford has no idea what they are doing. :rolleyes:

So how fast is your 84?

GRNDNL
02-03-2005, 03:19 PM
:popcorn

:alcoholic

:rolf :rolf

Crawlin
02-03-2005, 04:48 PM
And Anderson Ford has no idea what they are doing. :rolleyes:

So how fast is you 84?

http://gallery.somethingnice.net/albums/album01/091203_oh_snap.gif

SlowStee
02-03-2005, 05:08 PM
http://gallery.somethingnice.net/albums/album01/091203_oh_snap.gif
:rolf :rolf

scubastang
02-03-2005, 09:41 PM
sorry guys i should have made my sarcasm more apparent.....its sometimes tough on the internet - i was just horsin around :devil

i got the utmost respect for the ls1 and you camero guys, just like to bust your chops once in a while. Feel free to bash me, but dont take me too serious, I just like to poke and have fun at you camero guys since there seems to be so many here :D :durr

well the 84 ran a 12.8 @ 104 before she got torn down to the hunk of never ending, probably never finished project :(

Teufelhunden
02-04-2005, 06:39 AM
And Anderson Ford has no idea what they are doing. :rolleyes:you talkin to me? :)

BOSS LX
02-04-2005, 02:01 PM
Whhhaatttttt!

Teufelhunden
02-04-2005, 02:14 PM
thats what i thought... :)

BOSS LX
02-04-2005, 02:17 PM
Unless you also have a 84 mustang, I was not talking to you.

Anyway, what are your plans for this year?

scubastang
02-04-2005, 03:20 PM
Unless you also have a 84 mustang, I was not talking to you.

Anyway, what are your plans for this year?
not sure yet - i am thinking of selling it all and getting out for a while of this thing - not time right now with school and career. It has a 91 interior in it, but it is a stock blocked, afr heads, tfs intake, B&G sc61 turbo setup, wonderful t5 :rolleyes: , cartech fuel. Goals are/were low 11s, mid 120s on lower boost.