PDA

View Full Version : Need some shtuff painted ?

lotsals1
01-30-2005, 12:09 PM
i'm lookin for some smaller jobs right now ,let me know what ya got

DirtyMax
01-30-2005, 12:44 PM
I need a spot touched up on my car. You should be able to see it below the passenger headlight area. The second pic is a real close up to show how the paint was cracking before it started coming off when I hit it with a pressure washer. Is this something up your alley?

http://www.midwestmustangassociation.com/vb3/photopost/data/500/94DSC00440-med.JPG

http://www.midwestmustangassociation.com/vb3/photopost/data/500/94DSC01022-med.JPG

Prince Valiant
01-30-2005, 01:19 PM
Maybe we could talk about a 20/20 job on the valiant? PM me with what you think a very basic job might run...

SloFarmTruck
01-30-2005, 02:36 PM
it's a sleeper Chris... you only need 50/50

CruxGNZ
01-30-2005, 03:58 PM
i'm lookin for some smaller jobs right now ,let me know what ya got

Small, as in Datsun Z car small?

!M!

SlowStee
01-30-2005, 07:03 PM
I need my headlight Cover of my formula Painted Plain BLACK.....is that small enough?? maaco wants 50, but i dont want to spend THAT much on such a small ass part

Prince Valiant
01-30-2005, 10:25 PM
it's a sleeper Chris... you only need 50/50 ture dat :rolf

SlowStee
02-01-2005, 10:56 PM
so??

CruxGNZ
02-02-2005, 01:17 AM
"Word to your muffler"

!M!

lotsals1
02-02-2005, 08:25 PM
so??WELL I DIDNT MEEN THAT SMALL LOL

50 BUX AINT THAT BAD OF A DEAL BUT MACCO SUX BALLS
IF YOU HAD IT OFF AND I DID IT AT MY LEISURE

lotsals1
02-02-2005, 08:28 PM
Small, as in Datsun Z car small?

!M!SMALL MEANS SMALL JOBS LIKE DENT DINGS CHIPS FENDER ECT.

lotsals1
02-02-2005, 08:36 PM
I need a spot touched up on my car. You should be able to see it below the passenger headlight area. The second pic is a real close up to show how the paint was cracking before it started coming off when I hit it with a pressure washer. Is this something up your alley?

http://www.midwestmustangassociation.com/vb3/photopost/data/500/94DSC00440-med.JPG

http://www.midwestmustangassociation.com/vb3/photopost/data/500/94DSC01022-med.JPGLOOKS LIKE THE CAR WAS REPAINTED "I SEE TAPE LINES AND THE REASON IT CRACKED IS THAT ONE IT WASNT PREPED CORRECTLY 2 NO FLEX AGENT WAS USED ON THE NOSE --THE PAINT ISNT FLEXING WITH THE RUBBER --TO FIX CORRECTLY--NOT SO EASY TO DO THE RIGHT WAY --PRETTY MUCH IT WILL HAPPEN TO THE REST OF THE BUMPER UNLESS THE COAT THAT IS FLAKEING IS STRIPPED --AND DONE RIGHT -MOST LIKELY SOMEONE JUST SCUFFED THE STOCK PAINT AND PAINTED OVER IT AND DID NOT PUT ANY FLEX AGENT IN THE PAINT

DirtyMax
02-02-2005, 10:28 PM
LOOKS LIKE THE CAR WAS REPAINTED "I SEE TAPE LINES AND THE REASON IT CRACKED IS THAT ONE IT WASNT PREPED CORRECTLY 2 NO FLEX AGENT WAS USED ON THE NOSE --THE PAINT ISNT FLEXING WITH THE RUBBER --TO FIX CORRECTLY--NOT SO EASY TO DO THE RIGHT WAY --PRETTY MUCH IT WILL HAPPEN TO THE REST OF THE BUMPER UNLESS THE COAT THAT IS FLAKEING IS STRIPPED --AND DONE RIGHT -MOST LIKELY SOMEONE JUST SCUFFED THE STOCK PAINT AND PAINTED OVER IT AND DID NOT PUT ANY FLEX AGENT IN THE PAINT

You're spot on with your analysis. It started cracking when I pulled up against something. Can you fix it? I've been told it can be fixed but the guy who was most reasonable insisted on removing the bumper. I'm looking for someone to do so without removing the bumper.

SlowStee
02-02-2005, 11:40 PM
WELL I DIDNT MEEN THAT SMALL LOL

50 BUX AINT THAT BAD OF A DEAL BUT MACCO SUX BALLS
IF YOU HAD IT OFF AND I DID IT AT MY LEISURE
It takes 2 seconds to pop off, the reason it needs to be painted is because it doesnt exactly match the rest of the paint (stock paint job), it's not glossy at all... If you could do it for under 50 bucks that would be cool....I just need it to match the other headlight cover/and rest of the car :).......So whadda ya say? :D

Poncho
02-03-2005, 12:01 PM
I could really use:

* My Engine cover professionally painted '04 GTO Quicksilver Metallic (spray bombed @ the moment, and not smooth and glossy)

* My fender support braces and strut tower brace, and radiator to dogbone engine mounts professionally painted '04 GTO Quicksilver Metallic

*** I REALLY REALLY REALLY badly need my taillights semi-lightly tinted. Light enough that you can still see the altezzas inside, but not black like covers.

* After that, my black b-pillar cover on the driver's side door has chips.

* My drivers side wheel well has paint chipping, and I don't want my car to rust, so that needs to be adressed, and the 1/4s should be rolled too, since I get minor rubbing when the rear is loaded down on heavier bumps.

Little jobs, but altogether, a bit of work.

I want to do more shows next year, and my engine compartment definately needs to be adressed.

let me know, I'm going for exterior perfection here!

Scales
02-09-2005, 04:55 AM
I have a 96 Concorde LX that the pass side front door seemed to have gotten attacked by dogs. That my best guess. There are a lot of vertical scratches. Some down to metal. The car is in great shape so I'd like to take care of this before it gets worse. I can get some pics or show you in person if that would help. But basically, it's one white door that needs to be sprayed. Let me know what you think...