PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody help me with shipping?

loud91rs
01-23-2005, 04:16 PM
Hey guys, i gotta get a car shipped from Roseville California to here and was wondering if anybody knew anybody who was cheap, or would do it. I don't know what to do, and I need it as cheap as possible. I wish i could just drive out there but i can't. Any help or suggestions are very appreciated. It could be in an open carrier for all i care, just want it here! Thanks again!

DirtyMax
01-23-2005, 10:27 PM
Here's a site to get you started...

http://www.auto-car-transport.com/

Good luck. Unfortunately, I don't see a cheap way of doing it. It will probably cost minimum $1 a mile to have it shipped. From CA to here, that will be a small fortune.

Is it driveable???. If so, you're almost better off finding a buddy who is unemployed and flying him out there to drive the car back. That route would still be lots cheaper than paying a transport company.

Good luck no matter what you do! :thumbsup

Max 93
01-24-2005, 07:46 AM
I looked at having a car shipped from CA to here and it was about $1200

Flight_740
01-24-2005, 09:52 AM
Try these.

Circle B transport: 1800-568-4469, ask for Bruce
Virginia transport: 1800-287-4493
Admiral Transport: 1800-716-4681
Southern transport: 941-722-3328 Ext: 104

Those are all guys I have used in the past.

Crawlin
01-24-2005, 09:56 AM
For long distances like this if it isn't absolutely perfect, I always like the trailering it option. To drive it back and have something happen would be terrible. I almost ran into bad luck when the person who drove my car back got it all the way home, but shortly after the oil pump went out on it. If that had happened on the way back from Texas, i would have felt pretty bad for stranding the guy there for a short time. I had something picked up in New York and shipping back to my house for $800. Was a person doing a sidejob. If you ask around, there might be someone here with a trailer and some time that wouldn't mind doing it.

Chris

Flight_740
01-24-2005, 10:38 AM
I would think you would want that person to be insured also. I would not risk that route. It never fails for me that that would be the time somthing bad happened. If it were not for bad luck, I would have no luck at all.

PonyKiller87
01-24-2005, 12:23 PM
Depending on the size of the car and how soon you need it done I might be interested in going and picking it up with a trailer.

Last year I went to Mississippi to pick up a 4th gen firebird, I forget how many miles it was round trip but it worked out to about $400 in gas and hotels. Cali and back would be a little less than twice that. I would have to do it the first week in March though because thats when I have spring break for school(stupid MSOE trimesters).

If your interested PM me and well see what we can work out.

Prince Valiant
01-24-2005, 12:32 PM
(stupid MSOE trimesters) OT: Trimesters? I work there in the kern center and didn't even know that they had trimester :confused

Shows how little I pay attention I guess :goof

PonyKiller87
01-24-2005, 04:22 PM
OT: Trimesters? I work there in the kern center and didn't even know that they had trimester :confused

Shows how little I pay attention I guess :goof

Yeah its pretty lame, our year is based on Having off the week of thanksgiving.
What do you do at the Kern center?

Sorry for hijackin your thread Jason.

Prince Valiant
01-24-2005, 05:03 PM
I am one of the Athletic Trainers covering the NCAA events...I done a couple hockey and basketball games, did both the wrestling tourney's, and will do the VB game this weekend...as a side bonus, msoe is sending me to FL during your guys spring break with the baseball team :thumbsup

...ticks me off though, they mispelt my name in the training room :mad:

I am taking over the "Head Trainer" role this summer though :thumbsup

[/endhijack]

PonyKiller87
01-24-2005, 06:19 PM
Thats cool well if you see a blue chevy pickup flying around campus making alot of noise, thats me. Chances are if you hear a car alarm going off Im not to far away, lol. :headbang

MyWhiteZ
01-25-2005, 02:55 AM
msoe???? trimesters??????

and i thought me and zach were the only msoe people on the board

ya trimesters blow ass when it comes to breaks

PonyKiller87
01-25-2005, 12:06 PM
Wow, I always thought I was the only one too. I think we should just start a new post or something.

WhiteZ, were you at the PickNSave Metro mart last night around 8ish ? I recognized the car from your sig. If so, what are you doing driving that thing in all the snow and crap?

MyWhiteZ
01-25-2005, 12:17 PM
lol ya its over there but its parked there. i live right across the street and had to move it so they could clear the snow out of our parking lot. i refuse to drive it in this stuff