PDA

View Full Version : Snow sports ooops..

Yooformula
01-22-2005, 04:28 AM
Well I rushed out of work to get some prime powder to play with on the streets but only managed to find 4 unplowed lots, the biggest being Forest Home Tires but I did toss around alot in the unplowed streets of West Milwaukee. I dont think they have plows there btw :goof

Anyways I head down to Whitnall to see what was left of it but the main road was plowed and the lot by the sledding had been tagged already. So I decide to head on home, yes I was speeding a bit but I was heading home nonetheless when all of a sudden it happened:wooo I drift a bit, over correct and off the road I go. Well, there is a section of road down past the steep hill where they repaved last summer and they raised the street level significantly higher than the grass adjacent to it. Well there is no shoulder on the side of the road and this just happened to be where I end up. 1 tire dug in, the 2 right side wheels spinning and the left front in the air about a foot ABOVE the snow line. The more I rocked it the more it dug in. It dug in so friggin far that the left rear tire sank down into the newly formed mud and stopped spinning. Let me tell you 4wd doesnt work WHEN ONLY 2 SPINNING TIRES ARE ON THE DAMM GROUND! Luckily for me, the gas light came on, then I realized I didnt renew my world famous AAA Gold card which would have towed me out and brought me gas for free, :mad: then Franklin's finest showed up! :rolf The nice guy tried pushing and it was damm near useless because he could barely walk up the embankment side as well. He even tried to call his plow but couldnt get in touch with him.

Well 45 minutes later we try 1 last time of rocking and using my shovel to dig around the truck , the damm street and a plow pile. The truck got free but instead of trying to get off the grass and onto the pavement the damm truck went straight further into the woods BUT never got stuck. So I hammered it down and drove straight over the grass and between the trees and over a plow pile but 100 yards later got out. The damm snow on the grass was so deep the front bumper was completely under the snow and the grill was completely packed in with snow.

Funny thing, I went to thank the cop and get my shovel and the damm thing didnt seem deep from the street but when i walked back into the grass it came up to my knees :stare Oh well, enough fun for one night. Gotta get gas in the am, find out why my back tire wont spin now and find out why my check engine light is flashing now :punch: All with under 6000 miles on it :devil :thumbsup Hope this warranty works :alcoholic

Is it supposed to keep snowing tomorrow, because I have to close again:banana
Btw, you CANT possibly miss my tracks through the trees unless you are blind!

Anakonda69
01-22-2005, 04:33 AM
sounds like fun i went out screwing around in lots of unplowed lots and didn't come close to being stuck....when i came out of amanns my truck had snow past the bottom of the door....no biggie good thing i wore shorts to bowling so my feet were soaked but oh well.....i love snowwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!

Yooformula
01-22-2005, 04:45 AM
I was drenched when I got inside and the the only thing not covered in snow is the roof but it was fun! :rolf

Anakonda69
01-22-2005, 04:50 AM
it's always worth getting a lil messy over....

y2kws6
01-22-2005, 09:00 AM
Yoo, even in 4wd only two wheel generaly turn with the slip diff. and the flashing SES Light is because the two were spinning and the rest were not. It will go away after a while. The dealer can clear it though.

All we have here is RAIN :fire . I hate working out in the rain. At least I only have worked 2 out of 7 rain days, the others were all on my off day. :headbang

Dan

Yooformula
01-22-2005, 10:10 AM
Yoo, even in 4wd only two wheel generaly turn with the slip diff. and the flashing SES Light is because the two were spinning and the rest were not. It will go away after a while. The dealer can clear it though.

All we have here is RAIN :fire . I hate working out in the rain. At least I only have worked 2 out of 7 rain days, the others were all on my off day. :headbang

Dan

Thats what I thought but there is even a 4 wheel lock setting to engage which I turned on and still nothing.

Silver350
01-24-2005, 07:47 AM
at least you had fun. I couldn't even take my truck out of the garage till sunday. There was no way my truck would of made it though my alley

jbiscuit
01-24-2005, 08:18 AM
2wd is the owN3dagE

Yoos, nice work. How you get a 4wd truck is beyond me. John and I were out Saturday DURING the blizzard in our cars doing donuts in parking lots, offroading through 2 feet of snow at the Whitnall Park Tobagon Run parking lot, throwing snow everywhere. There were a couple cars (a minivan and a Plymouth Aclaim) stuck in that lot. John and I both ripped around in there no problem.

AWD cars OwN3d the snow! :thumbsup

Anakonda69
01-24-2005, 11:11 AM
what kinda truck did u get yoos?

Flight_740
01-24-2005, 11:26 AM
I had a Lexus RX 300 out for a few hours in the storm. It handled it pretty good. The truck would even do a decent drift into the turns. Starting and stopping was no issue.

Yellow, Welcome to the hood. Be carefull of the crack whore on level 3. She is good for a few tricks but it will cost ya. :goof :banana J/K

jbiscuit
01-24-2005, 11:34 AM
ha ha ha ha, thanks man! Snow is fun! :thumbsup

But now I am ready for spring

Anakonda69
01-24-2005, 11:54 AM
i'm ready for the temp to go up but not for the snow to end....i love snow!!!!!!!

Yooformula
01-24-2005, 02:00 PM
what kinda truck did u get yoos?

We bought an 04' Hemi Durango with full time AWD towards the end of summer:headbang

J- when I drove through the tobagon lot, I had feeling that you guys had torn that spot up already.:rolf

I drifted off the road because I was going close to 45-50mph down that little a$$ road and just couldnt keep it from going off the pavement. :chair:

BadAzzGTA89
01-24-2005, 02:18 PM
All i did was plow the damm snow but i did have some fun doing so!!Hard to have a lot of fun with a damm plow on!!

Prince Valiant
01-24-2005, 02:21 PM
That is a very nice AWD system that the durango uses...full-size 1500's have that option available as well.

It's an improvement over my system I think in that where mine locks 50/50 and can distribute as much as 90% to the front or rear axles, yours, provided it is like the 99+ Jeep AWD will distribute as much as 90% to one single wheel if need be...the newest grand cherokee's improve on the 99-04's by decreasing the time to route the power from wheel to wheel and axle to axle.

Man, some of the plow piles are friggen HUGE!!!

SlowStee
01-24-2005, 02:33 PM
:thumbsup Now I Dont feel so bad From all the crazy things ive done in the past, way to go yoo :thumbsup :thumbsup

Yooformula
01-24-2005, 04:17 PM
Man, some of the plow piles are friggen HUGE!!!

Yeah tell me about it! I had to ram one and clear a curb to get off the field. :thumbsup

jbiscuit
01-24-2005, 04:35 PM
you should have seen some of the rooster tails in that tobaggon parking lot that AWD cars make! :thumbsup