PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or is the new Charger FUGLY!?!?!?!

Yooformula
01-18-2005, 01:42 AM
Wtf is going on nowadays? Is Ford the only manufacturer making nice looking cars? I just saw pics of the new Dodge Charger and it make me sick. I have never said that about ANY car before but this is rediculous :rolleyes: :fire Looks like a Magnum oh wait...a 300C..no wait a Dakota...."what da hell, I dont believe!"

http://www.dodge.com/autoshow/charger/gallery.html

http://www.dodge.com/autoshow/img/gallery/enlarge/charger/image_02.jpg

SlowStee
01-18-2005, 02:07 AM
Anyone that says this looks good at all, i just dont understand :chair:

Al
01-18-2005, 04:04 AM
I think the car is somewhat good, but not worthy of being called a charger.

Also, it would not be very hard to use some different panels for the front end for a different stance. A true charger, IMO, is only 2 doors.

Cryptic
01-18-2005, 05:28 AM
you guys and your 2 door full size cars

attractivness of a car never came down to how many doors it has for me.
this car still wouldn't look like a charger with 2 doors

SlowStee
01-18-2005, 05:48 AM
you guys and your 2 door full size cars

attractivness of a car never came down to how many doors it has for me.
this car still wouldn't look like a charger with 2 doors
The fact that it has 4 doors just makes it look that much goofier

Silver350
01-18-2005, 06:55 AM
Nice Chrysler 300c

SmokinRAM114
01-18-2005, 08:38 AM
kinda looks like the 300 and a bmw head lights with a ram3500 grille..looks like every car they make combined into one.i also see the some intreped in there too.. that thing is stupid :fire

Prince Valiant
01-18-2005, 09:02 AM
well, I certianly don't think that particular picture is attractive....at all. But other angles show almost a completely different car if you can beleive it.

What's my take on it? I don't dislike the car, more than I dislike the name being applied to it.

It won't matter too much though...because even if only 1 in 5 love the design, it'll sell like hotcakes. Much like the very hot selling 300 and Rams were....many hated those designs and they were considered very contreversial and polarizing, but their success has been irrefutable.

Why someone would think it looks like a 300C is beyond me though...completely different hood, front fender, front grille, front headlights, different belt-line, the rearward slope of the roof is completely different, different rear fender with a coke bottle treatment vs the straight edge of a 300,, different b and C pillars, different rear deck, etc, etc. Only 4 things are shared with the 300 and only two of them are recognizable features...Windshield, A-pillar, wheelbase and track length.

Many of the mopar faithful are upset that this isn't a pony-car...but I guess many of them have missed the point that the charger was never a pony car. It has always been a large ~4000lbs luxo(in many, but not all cases)/performance car. The only place this really differentiates from the origninal chargers is the fact that it uses 4 instead of two doors. FWIW, there were only two generations of "chargers" that were considered beautiful...the 68-70 and the 71-74. The 66-67, and 75-78, 83+ chargers were also considered *bleh*

There is talk about two-door versions of this platform and possibly calling it the daytona...or instead of the SRT version, they'd call the SRT-8 the "daytona" as well.

As for any future pony-car though from the mopar stables there is talk of the "challenger" name plate being resurrected for that....

SmokinRAM114
01-18-2005, 09:39 AM
What's my take on it? I don't dislike the car, more than I dislike the name being applied to it.

AGREED! :thumbsup

nismodave
01-18-2005, 12:00 PM
Yea.....looks like they were trying to make it not look like a 300c.

They dropped the ball on this one.

jbiscuit
01-18-2005, 12:03 PM
the lines are VERY 300C-ish.....I wish Dodge could have brought this car back as a mean machine....too bad I guess

Prince Valiant
01-18-2005, 12:28 PM
I think these pics do the car a little more justice beyond the awkward view above...not saying that it makes it look spectacular though

Al
01-18-2005, 01:12 PM
I do not like that front end at all. It is trying to be too many things at once.

Yooformula
01-18-2005, 02:08 PM
Still looks like a 300C to me and the nose is ugly as sin. I dont care about the 4 doors but the overal lines of the car is not pleasing to the eye. The taillight look like they are from the avenger. :looks for the vomit smilie:

GTSLOW
01-18-2005, 03:54 PM
IMO its one of the ugliest gayest thing I have ever seen!

Anakonda69
01-18-2005, 06:08 PM
i hate it...does look alot like a sedan version of the magnum...

Cryptic
01-18-2005, 06:15 PM
I don't dislike the car, more than I dislike the name being applied to it.

i hate it...does look alot like a sedan version of the magnum...

Bingo! X 2

BadAzzGTA89
01-18-2005, 06:44 PM
I agree they used the wrong name for the car!!Hell they should have made it a wagon.Oh they already did :goof

Burgandy85SS
01-18-2005, 10:11 PM
Ive always been into GM cars and have only owned GM's but lately they cant seem to design a car worth looking at. I feel that Ford and Chrysler are both going in the right direction. I personally like the 300 and the Magnum wagon. Thats just my opinion and everyone is intitled to one thats why there are many diffrent cars.

HITMAN
01-21-2005, 01:03 PM
:fire I absolutely hate that fugly wreck. It makes me want to :puke when I think of how cool the Charger concept from '99 looked, and then this abomination is what they're actually going to foist on the American public.

1999 Charger concept:
http://x.wieck.com/pv/WKA/2000/10/12/WKA2000101232515_pv.jpg

At the same time, Chrysler unveiled this new concept named Firepower! (Yes, with the exclamation point... :rolleyes: ) at the NAIAS show in Detroit.

Firepower! concept:
http://www.autoweek.com/files/specials/2005_detroit/chrysler/firepower/images/z1.jpg

:drool:

I ask you: Wouldn't this gorgeous car based on the Viper chassis, but powered by the new 6.1L 425hp Hemi, have been a better platform for the Charger name? Fukin krauts need a fukin clue... :alcoholic :loser

Daimler/Chrysler, this for you... :punch: :chair:

quickcarl
01-21-2005, 07:30 PM
No its not just you, ....................its ugly. :durr

quickcarl
01-21-2005, 07:32 PM
:fire I absolutely hate that fugly wreck. It makes me want to :puke when I think of how cool the Charger concept from '99 looked, and then this abomination is what they're actually going to foist on the American public.

Foist.......................Gotta look that one up.