PDA

View Full Version : Speed Seekers Comments

ffvetteman
01-13-2005, 05:16 PM
Hey all. I just wanted to come here to say something about Speed Seekers. I support all they do in renting Road America for us to drive on and had a great time.

But I found something odd, I went onto the Speed Seekers web site and asked a few tough qustions aimed at Dan and Dave and quess what, the post was deleted. I made another post as to why it was deleted and you guessed it, it was deleted. I sent a PM to y2kws6(admin who was loggged on) and within a few minutes I was banned from the site. He didnt even respond to me as to why my posts were deleted.

So now I understand why almost all of the posts are in support of Dan and Dave and there are no real questions there for them to answer. They just delete posts that are not in their favor, with the exception on Heat Seeker. Makes me wonder how may other posts were deleted before mine. BTW my post was deleted within an hour and the other responses I made were deleted within minutes of them being posted, and then I was banned a few minutes after that.

Hmmm makes me wonder....

y2kws6
01-13-2005, 05:58 PM
We deleted your post because we do not allow any personal attacks to us or John and we do not allow slander on our board. When you continued to make those type of posts regarding these issues Dave banned you and when I attempted to reply to your PM to me it did not allow that to happen. If you notice all the other posts by other parties than John questioning what is currently going on in a decent manner, theirs are answered with the same type of respect.

Dan

ffvetteman
01-13-2005, 05:59 PM
We deleted your post because we do not allow any personal attacks to us or John and we do not allow slander on our board. When you continued to make those type of posts regarding these issues Dave banned you and when I attempted to reply to your PM to me it did not allow that to happen. If you notice all the other posts by other parties than John questioning what is currently going on in a decent manner, theirs are answered with the same type of respect.

Dan

Explain the slander please, I had questions and my opinions, not slandering anyone.

ffvetteman
01-13-2005, 06:01 PM
So if I edit my post and just leave the questions, can it be reposted?

ffvetteman
01-13-2005, 06:05 PM
Quess not, he wont answer my questions.

ffvetteman
01-13-2005, 06:08 PM
When I get a chance later, I will mildly edit anything that is "slander", as he put it and post it here.

Yooformula
01-13-2005, 06:09 PM
Give it a bit of time. You posted but 4 minutes after your last post and he hasnt been online since then. Remember he is out in Iraq so I am sure a time difference will have something to do with his respones or he might be busy. Dont worry about it though. Its all good :headbang

ffvetteman
01-13-2005, 06:12 PM
Sorry, you are right I'll wait...

I got a little ancy :D

y2kws6
01-13-2005, 06:23 PM
Currently I unbanned you from our board, but most of your questions we have been advised to hold off on or just leave them alone. There is a lot of incomplete and inaccurate information floating around. These issues are being addressed and our first goal is ensuring that the events continue and only get better. Beyond that, it really helps no one to air in public what is basically a personal dispute. Thanks for your interest.

Dan

y2kws6
01-13-2005, 06:35 PM
Give it a bit of time. You posted but 4 minutes after your last post and he hasnt been online since then. Remember he is out in Iraq so I am sure a time difference will have something to do with his respones or he might be busy. Dont worry about it though. Its all good :headbang

Thanks Yoosof, I do have the night off, but it is 3:30am here and I am a little tired. I also was looking at mutliple boards at that time.

Nite -- Going to bed so I will be up for the 12 hour shift tomorrow. Home in less than a month. :headbang

Dan

ffvetteman
01-13-2005, 06:38 PM
Currently I unbanned you from our board, but most of your questions we have been advised to hold off on or just leave them alone. There is a lot of incomplete and inaccurate information floating around. These issues are being addressed and our first goal is ensuring that the events continue and only get better. Beyond that, it really helps no one to air in public what is basically a personal dispute. Thanks for your interest.

Dan

Is there a gag order on the case???

SSmike1
01-13-2005, 07:41 PM
there is no GAG order on something like this,
BUT
Like Dan is trying to say,
They just are NOT going to talk about it!
its that simple!
Their Council has advised them to leave it alone for now,
and being the Professionals that they are!!!!!!!
they can keep their mouths shut!

This is allot better than arguing & debating things over a BB.
that is not going to make a Bit of difference in the court room.

When the dispute is settled,
we will find out what is going on.

be patient! WAIT!

:rolf

ffvetteman
01-14-2005, 12:19 AM
My whole point is if we wait too long, there will be no April event.

So I guess we will wait until October to run, but if things are settled maybe we will be able to run in April.

y2kws6
01-14-2005, 09:29 AM
We were hoping to have some things settled yesterday in court so the April event registration could open, but John and Diana extended the date to Feb. 23rd. With the hopes that we now should be able to sit down and mediate our problems before then.

We all can hope for the best.

Z28Girl
01-14-2005, 02:31 PM
"John and Diana" did NOT extend it to February 23rd, both the attorneys as well as the judge requested that we meet with a mediator to try and resolve the issues for the '05 events, the Judge is the one who moved the hearing back to February 23rd, and if it would have been resolved yesterday, there would have been a good chance that NO one would be hosting the events.
Keeping the clients aware and uprised of what has been transpiring has nothing to do with being professional, and I think they all have a right to know. It IS the clients business to know whether or not they will be attending the event in April so that they can make alternative plans if they will not, so for SSmike1 to say that it is no ones business, I dont buy that. For someone who has not been to court on any of these issues or met with either attorney, you sure seem like you know everything there is to know., when in realty you know very little, you know only the side of the story that isnt worth telling and you most definately are not a nuetral party. I can tell you one thing, I totally believe in carma, and everyone who back stabbed us in this situation will receive the same treatment in return. (do unto others???)

Syclone0044
01-15-2005, 04:00 PM
I agree with what Diana said, I am also a participant and I would also like to know what is going on - lots of money must be spent to prepare for an event like this and get a vehicle ready, money that I'd rather not spend if I won't have any place to use it. Big brakes and suspension arent going to make any difference for me when I am on the street or drag strip - I spend the money ONLY for those Speedseekers Road America events. So I will be keeping an eye and ear open for information on this.

Best wishes to those involved in this; I know it must be tough; I don't know Dave and Dan but I do know John Gay and he has gone out of his way to be helpful to me in the past, hate to see him in any predicament like this.. :(

Z28Girl
01-15-2005, 04:23 PM
Thanks Josh, you can count on getting information from me, I am not afraid to keep people informed, and the truth doesnt hurt us, because we have the truth on our side, nothing to hide here. One way or the other there will be an event in April, trust me on this (if my bleeding ulcer from all of this doesnt kill me first). ;)