PDA

View Full Version : WOW Part II

Corvette Jabo
01-13-2005, 06:42 AM
Da speeders: Illinois pair cited 4 times in 1 day in Wisconsin
By TOM KERTSCHER
tkertscher@journalsentinel.com
Posted: Jan. 12, 2005
If you ever wanted to read about speeding Illinois drivers getting nailed, pull up a chair.

Speed Demon

Path of the Speeders

Quotable

You have to have an exciting life because (otherwise) life is boring.

- Piotr Pac, 21

Speed-O-Meter

A rundown of the stops, all on I-90:
5:59 a.m. - 100 mph in Rock County
6:56 a.m. - 84 mph in Columbia County
7:28 a.m. - 77 mph in Sauk County
9:05 a.m. - 108 mph in Dane County

Tab for the four tickets -$1,393

Advertisement

On New Year's Day, in the space of 3 hours and 6 minutes, a 2004 Nissan Altima with Illinois plates was pulled over for speeding four times in four Wisconsin counties, all on I-90.

On the first three stops, the driver was Piotr Pac, 21, of the Chicago suburb of Prospect Heights, according to the Wisconsin State Patrol.

But the top speed was reached by Pac's girlfriend, 18-year-old Emilia A. Goralczyk of neighboring Mount Prospect. She was the one ticketed the fourth time, as Pac had been taking a nap.

But, if you're about to squeal with glee, hold on.

Pac isn't happy about his $902 share of the $1,393 speeding tickets. But he wasn't embarrassed, either, when told Wednesday that he would be in the newspaper.

His first words were, "I'm famous!"

Pac just hopes his parents don't find out. They know he got caught going 60 in a 40 mph zone near home a few days before the Wisconsin rampage.

But they don't know about the Wisconsin tickets, nor the one he got a few days later near home for driving 72 in a 35-mph zone.

"My father kicked my ass" after the first ticket, "so I can't tell him about this stuff in Wisconsin," Pac said.

Pac has good reason to worry. His father put Pac's 175-horsepower Altima in his name so that Pac could afford the insurance. Before that, Pac's premium was $3,000 every six months.

Still, Pac doesn't completely regret his Badgerland spree. Goralczyk had called him at 4 a.m., crying over a fight she had with a friend at a party, so he drove 180 miles to Wisconsin Dells to pick her up.

"I would do everything for her," Pac said.

The trouble was, Pac had to be home by 10 a.m. to start his $9.25-an-hour clerk's job at Nordstrom Rack. Hence, he blazed his trail through Wisconsin, on half an hour's sleep, after some partying on New Year's Eve.

State Trooper Thomas Licari had the honor of pulling over the Altima for the fourth and final time. He said that after hearing about the first three stops on his radio, he had joked that he would be making the next stop. But he didn't expect the sedan to go screaming by at 108 mph.

"I don't even go that fast with the (emergency) lights on, unless it's a real bad emergency," Licari said.

The trooper said he tried to explain to Pac and Goralczyk the danger of traveling 43 mph over the speed limit - particularly without wearing seat belts, which earned the couple $10 tickets along the way.

But Pac scoffs at such concern. He said he has been driving since he was 9 in his native Poland and that he has been safe at high speeds during his five years in the U.S. - even though he has had to hire a lawyer numerous times over various tickets and license suspensions.

"You have to have an exciting life," he said of his NASCAR tendencies, "because (otherwise) life is boring."

The visits with state troopers made Pac 21/2 hours late for work on New Year's Day. But he said he had called ahead and his boss wasn't mad.

As for the tickets, Pac has court dates in four different counties next month.

He said he hasn't decided whether he'll simply pay the tickets beforehand - or, as his lawyer has suggested, ask the judges for leniency.

From the Jan. 13, 2005, editions of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

y2kws6
01-13-2005, 09:05 AM
That definately deserves a WOW :wooo

Just pay the ticket...LOL

Dan

Kuwait drivers are like that though.

jbiscuit
01-13-2005, 09:36 AM
well he got the Altima up to 108mph.....thats an accomplishment in itself. It must have had VTEC :goof

Teufelhunden
01-13-2005, 12:26 PM
I'm surprised trooper #3 and #4 let this pair go.

Anyone find anymore info on this guy? I did a couple quick google searches...nothing.

Yooformula
01-13-2005, 01:21 PM
I cant believe he didnt get arrested after the first ticket. I got busted doing 110 in a 50 and was hauled off to jail until my father came to beat...um get me out. Looking back, I was safer in jail :goof

Al
01-13-2005, 09:42 PM
Do you net get points when you get pulled over in another state?

(could explain the "FID" phenominom on I43 northbound on Friday and I43 southbound on Sunday.)

PonyKiller87
01-13-2005, 10:58 PM
Hes from IL, and they don't use the point system. Im guessing he got points but they mean nothing because the points apply to a WI license. And if hes from poland he might have one of those international licenses ??? I agree though, why did the troopers let them go? Ive heard of people having their car impounded for alot less ??? My guess is that hes spoiled and his rich daddy is just gonna buy him out off trouble in the end.

deciuss
01-14-2005, 12:19 AM
saw that over at 7thgen but ya thats crazy but also scarry that the cops would let him go after so many times.

Corvette Jabo
01-14-2005, 06:47 AM
Channel 12 tried to interview this guy yesterday, he didn't want to talk to any one about it. Talk about your 15 minutes of fame!

Corvette Jabo
01-14-2005, 06:13 PM
Your going to love this, he got one more ticket the next day. He got another ticket in IL doing 71 in a 35 zone. His parents took his keys away from him and now his mother is driving his car.

LOL