PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Chatnooga TN

BAD LS1
01-09-2005, 08:48 AM
Im down here for week for work till friday. The forecasted high today is 71 :shades and partly cloudy. And upper 60s the rest of the week.

This will be more of a vacation than work! No snow... all the cars are clean... and gotta 15 pass E350 van to drive LOL, the ole triton V10 is a fooking slug i can tell you that for sure!

Ricky Bobby
01-09-2005, 09:17 AM
plz kill the ford :shades

BAD LS1
01-09-2005, 12:57 PM
HAHAHAH its brand new only got 2500 miles on it! I think it sucked it down past the full mark already with the 4-5 times i stuffed it. But it is amazing though... the cars you se down here are all clean, no rust.. nothing! Stuff like u see up home u could never picture w/o the rust like early 90's S10's and old mid 80's ford and chevy trucks are in perfect condition and are still shinny! most still have thier stock exhaust systems on them yet LOL

Prince Valiant
01-09-2005, 01:16 PM
Yeah, it's not even funny how much cleaner cars are towards the south...states like TN are great because not only do they not salt, but the sun isn't quite as intense as it is in AZ,TX,NM and the like, so there is less fadded paint/cracked interiors etc....

filled it 4-5x's? already? Sure it doesn't have the dual tanks? :goof

Prince Valiant
01-09-2005, 01:20 PM
Oh, and the kicker? All those freikin' cars are CHEAPER than what they cost up here generally :rolleyes:

I seriously hate WI for that :flipoff2: Screw it, I'm going back to FL :banana

BAD LS1
01-09-2005, 02:16 PM
Oh, and the kicker? All those freikin' cars are CHEAPER than what they cost up here generally :rolleyes:

I seriously hate WI for that :flipoff2: Screw it, I'm going back to FL :banana

Yeah but the .95 percent tax here is the kicker!! VS .56 back home

Prince Valiant
01-09-2005, 02:22 PM
Yeah but the .95percent tax here is he kicker!! VS .56 back home
I'm sure that when I figure in the lower property taxes I would pay both in the form of decreased percentage, and the fact that housing is less expensive (lower building cost with no basements and less insulation/sealing) AND lower energy bills (By FAR) and, in FL at least, NO state income tax I will be WAY ahead :fire

Plus, the south has better food by FAR!

And if you make your way to Atlanta, an AWESOME nightlife....you've got to admit, those southern girls are just that much sweeter to talk to with their accents :goof

Yooformula
01-09-2005, 02:32 PM
Hey now! Florida has no state tax! :thumbsup

BAD LS1
01-09-2005, 05:49 PM
And if you make your way to Atlanta, an AWESOME nightlife....you've got to admit, those southern girls are just that much sweeter to talk to with their accents :goof

Yeah Atlanta is 1.5hrs south of here as Chattanooga is right on the Georgia state line, i could just about spit accross it :rolf

But yes the girls, i was pleasently surprised to find so many good looking girls walking around when changing planes in memphis :wow

Even around town here when going to restaurants or the local grocery store for some mountain dew and some dorritos there was plenty of scenery :banana

The southern accent is hard to understand sometimes, but everyone down here is alot more pleasent, everyone seems to enjoy their jobs and dont act like your bothering them when going to the local mc donalds even. No road rage cases i have seen, no one ever really speeds it seems either, although some of these mountains around here... i dont like to speed with the V10 either... oh wait its gotta be damn near matted to cimb the mountain and maintaining a lofty 45mph up an 15 degree incline :goof

Prince Valiant
01-09-2005, 07:27 PM
The southern accent is hard to understand sometimes Seeing as to how I am half southern, and spent half my life down south in FL, I understand them fine....heck, when I've spent a week or so in the south, I normally pick up a little drawl by the time I get back
:thumbsup

Ricky Bobby
01-09-2005, 07:34 PM
i go to TN for the nascar race every yr and yea the accent is kinda tuff but then they say that about us from up here :rolf

GRNDNL
01-09-2005, 08:50 PM
Chattanooga's a nice town, we stay off of exit #1 when we don't drive straight through on the way to race in Florida. If you have time drive up to Severville and check out Floyd Garrets Muscle Car Museum, cool high $$$ stuff there.

You get to eat breakfast at Waffle House......Yummm...... :drool:

lotsals1
01-09-2005, 11:03 PM
Hey now! Florida has no state tax! :thumbsup
yah cuz its under water half the time :rolf

SLOWC5
01-10-2005, 01:35 AM
Youve Got A Pm

Jeff

Al
01-10-2005, 03:58 AM
I was beginning to think that WI wasn't too bad this winter because I've been better at handeling the cold (don't know why exactly, but I think caffiene makes ya feel colder (gave up caffiene)).

...then you think about our welfare state and that the majority (not all) of the free ladies get beaten with the ugly stick.

I've been wanting to take a trip down there just so I could by an older car with little or no rust on it. A 70's pickup with a short box would be my fancy.

PB86MCSS
01-10-2005, 07:19 AM
states like TN are great because not only do they not salt, but the sun isn't quite as intense as it is in AZ,TX,NM and the like, so there is less fadded paint/cracked interiors etc....

True about the interiors, but the southwest has practically 0 moisture which means even less rust if possible :). Anyone getting an older car wants new paint anyways :D. When I was in NM a couple times it was pretty sweet seeing rust free 70's LTD's and 4 door Novas, cars no one cares about but are still clean as new. If/when I buy another older car, it will be another southern/southwestern one :rock: .