PDA

View Full Version : computer question

Anakonda69
01-08-2005, 02:08 AM
can anyone tell me why i am not able to see attached thumbnail pictures on certain bullentin boards? i belong to s10forum and i can never see thumbnails when they are attached to a post...i use firefox 1.0

GTSLOW
01-08-2005, 03:12 AM
are u logged in?

Anakonda69
01-08-2005, 12:48 PM
yeah and i can see an outlined box that says attached thumbnails at the top but the pics never show up

animal
01-08-2005, 02:29 PM
does it work in ie?

Anakonda69
01-09-2005, 08:52 PM
no thats why i switched to firefox and no change

animal
01-09-2005, 11:08 PM
Heh, well crapper-fox is gay. Ya need to fix the problem to start ;) Hehe, sorry that's just my bias coming through.

Try getting the latest IE 6.0 service packs and see if that makes any difference. You could have one corrupt file or registry key that'll make something not work. Service packs will sometimes replace a broken link or file. I certainly couldn't hurt to try.

You could also try setting your internet settings under control panel to one of the defaults instead of custom to see if something in there maybe got turned off. As a last resort you could always try upgrading your OS to the latest version to try and refresh some of those settings.

Before you do that though, you might think of a way to describe this problem using a couple of keywords and do some searches on google newsgroups. Maybe someone else had a similar problem.

As a side note, I've seen much more weird things happen with some spyware/malwares. Are you sure there's nothing "infecting" you? Adaware and spybot are the two popular ones. I've found that "Adware-away" works well as do "aboutbuster" and "hijackthis" but the latter 2 are a little more in-depth programs to use so be careful with them.

Anakonda69
01-09-2005, 11:26 PM
i use adaware and spybot weekly as well as zone alarm pro for a firewall ....in addition to symantec antuvirus coporate edition...