PDA

View Full Version : Snowboard trip....

Crawlin
01-05-2005, 10:57 AM
Last year was Vail, CO around this time of year. Next week Wed. through Sunday i'll be out in California up in Mammoth, CA at Mammoth Mountain having fun. Just very excited for this trip since it's a week away. Although it sucks because the amount of last minute planning needed kinda is a wear on the wallet. Tickets round trip were only lik 200bux. We have a 3 story loft condo we will be staying in right at the base of the mountain. Supposedly over 90" of snow have fallen in the past couple weeks. Should be even better than Vail since there wasn't much fresh snow when we got there other than in the back bowls.

Anyone else taking a nice trip like this?

Chris

john96ws6
01-05-2005, 11:52 AM
I'm going to Cascade in Portage, WI. :crying

Crawlin
01-05-2005, 12:18 PM
I'm going there this Sat. with a couple friends

Prince Valiant
01-05-2005, 12:47 PM
I will be spending a week in Aspen/snowmass in feburary...my uncle is the mountain manager for snowmass which is part of the aspen ski company so I get free skiing on Ajax, higlands, snowmass, buttermilk (site of the X-games this year and last)

Ironic that it cost less for me to ski aspen than it is for me to ski the U.P. :rolleyes:

Crawlin
01-05-2005, 01:36 PM
Damn, now that sounds like fun Chris. I wanna hit up another CO area mountain. I really wanna get to Chile during the summer months. Here's its really fun in the southern hemisphere around that time.

Chris

Prince Valiant
01-05-2005, 01:56 PM
Damn, now that sounds like fun Chris. I wanna hit up another CO area mountain. I really wanna get to Chile during the summer months. Here's its really fun in the southern hemisphere around that time.

Chris
heh, you should check out the women that are up from chile ( :drool: ) working aspen in the winter :thumbsup

The great thing is (although slightly embarassing admitting) is that because I'm my uncle is who he is, I seem to get an inordinate amount of attention from the girls as well....but I'm certianly not to proud to turn them away either :rolf

Crawlin
01-05-2005, 02:08 PM
but I'm certianly not to proud to turn them away either :rolf

BWAHAHAHAHAHA :rolf :thumbsup :headbang

Crawlin
01-05-2005, 02:12 PM
So I think we should set up a group going out there in 2006!!! Whatever needs to be done!!!

Prince Valiant
01-05-2005, 02:16 PM
Let me know...I'll get the free lift tickets

Crawlin
01-05-2005, 03:14 PM
Where do you usually stay? Where's the good places? But not gonna break the Car fund...

y2kws6
01-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Could I get in on that? I will be out of the cold desert by then.

Dan

I can snowboard, but I am a lot better on skiis and I own those too.

Prince Valiant
01-05-2005, 03:18 PM
I normally stay at my uncles...free too of course. There are plenty of inexpensive places to stay in there area though...the cost to ski there is not as bad as some make it out to be.

Of course, if there is but a few of us, my uncle would more than gladly put up with us.

turbogarrett
01-08-2005, 12:39 PM
I'm going to heavenly at lake tahoe in 2 weeks. This will be my first trip out there, been to colorado many times, montana etc. BCM snowboard outing?

Yamahachick02
01-10-2005, 08:37 PM
Dan we are going skiing at the end of Feb. in upper michigan. Oh ya and I've seen you try to snowboard. (Love your sis)

Crawlin
01-11-2005, 11:03 AM
Oh ya and I've seen you try to snowboard. (Love your sis)

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Yooformula
01-11-2005, 10:40 PM
Chris, you should get a group outing together even if its local this winter. I have been itching to get back on skiis or learn to board this year. I havent touched a ski since I left the east coast 8 years ago:crying and I used to drive up to Killington Vermont every weekend with my pops back in the day.