PDA

View Full Version : Who's Racing What Next Season...

Stangman98
01-02-2005, 07:00 PM
FFW
NMRA
PRO
NSCA
OSCA
Any of those?
Any different ones?

Crawlin
01-02-2005, 07:37 PM
I want to race PRO next season(2006) with a car i'm thinking about buying and just putting off the '99 Z for awhile. But it seems that class I want to run has become anything BUT what it was originally meant for. Car Craft Cheap Street is getting more and more outrageous in terms of the $$ needed to be competitive. Car counts are down too because of it. But then again, that's heads up racing. It costs a shitload of money to be truly competitive. The LS1 world has been putting together a series, but the complaining about unfair rules from all sides is gonna kill it. No factory help like in the Ford world either. And they are limiting it to just LT1/LS1 motors, which is not gonna help anything get started in terms of an NFRA series. Instead of making things prohibited, they should just whack it with a weight penalty to keep things even, while still allowing a larger group to race. But oh well.

lotsals1
01-08-2005, 03:42 PM
I think it would be more fun to be able to hang or beat the pro guys in a cretain class -the only way it makes any sense is to have a buttload of sponsors -when too much money and too much bullshet from sponsors gets in the way of the fun of it all ,why bother imo ,i would rather have fun :confused Its when you see the non sponsor guys ,who have more nowledge than money in their car hang or beat the "pro" guys to me is the cats ass, when you go pro the guy with the most money "aka sponsors" is the biggest competition- when that guy gets beat by a nobody -thats funny imo

slowlx
01-25-2005, 08:46 PM
Turbo blew on dyno, no racing this car this season.

Bee
02-24-2005, 05:29 PM
Turbo blew on dyno, no racing this car this season.

LOL how are you going to race me lmao :rolf

slowlx
02-24-2005, 10:01 PM
I am racing you with my Honda, not my Mustang, and it is the Mustang that broke. This is the same car that when I said you could race it, you did not respond.
3 year old setup, that I wanted to milk for this season, or until the new setup was done, and it did not hold together. Well....the turbo let go, the motor seems to be OK, if anybody has a BIG turbo laying around, I could probably change the flanges, and still run the car. The turbo that let go was a T88 with a 4"inlet 3" outlet, and a .96 A/R ratio, so I would need something comparable.

turbogarrett
02-27-2005, 11:11 AM
I don't really want to get involved in your pissing match, but slowlx, there are plenty affordable t4 flanged turbos that will get the job done. $1k at most is change if you have built an engine w/ supporting mods to run a turbo that large. There was a greddy t88 for sale recently over at rx7club.com(I can contact him if you are interested), or just have it rebuilt? If it is a non ball-bearing garrett and the housings are salvageable you might be looking at $500 for an overhaul.

slowlx
02-27-2005, 09:52 PM
The housing on mine is bad. It WAS ball bearing, but I would be interested in you checking out the T88 that you saw. Thanks

turbogarrett
03-07-2005, 09:13 PM
The housing on mine is bad. It WAS ball bearing, but I would be interested in you checking out the T88 that you saw. Thanks

Here's one- http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=399211
$700 shipped.

juicedimpss
03-08-2005, 02:25 PM
maybe try majestic turbo, they should be able to fix that thing up for you.
talk to kevin.
www.majesticturbo.com

Crawlin
03-08-2005, 06:50 PM
there was a 91.5 mm turbo i thought on turbomustangs.com w/ a 1.32 a/r for pretty decent. not too sure if you are looking to step up or stay the same

Chris

edit - maybe it was the NMRA messageboard?