PDA

View Full Version : Slippery Outside

TransAm12sec
01-01-2005, 06:52 PM
With frozen water on the roads, the coefficient of friction between the road and the tires is somewhat low. I really need to replace my rear tires. Anyone drive today?

Yamahachick02
01-01-2005, 07:05 PM
Watch out on the side roads they are bad so are parking lots.

Yooformula
01-01-2005, 08:22 PM
Holy sh|t!! I just got home from downtown being at work all day and I cant believe how slippery it is. I didnt notice it at all driving the hwys(thank god I didnt do anything relatively stupid), but as soon as I hit hales corners I was all over the road taking a turn into blockbuster then almost rear ended a lady. I could barely walk up my driveway :stare ....and I worked last night so I didnt drink :mad: :eek:

Syclone0044
01-02-2005, 12:28 PM
It was unbeleivable in my subdivision; never seen things so icy, the hill by my house was so icy there was 3 cars trapped on it, I came to rescue one and could literally have pushed the car sideways down the ice! Even putting 1 tire in the gravel ditch to drive it back up, didnt work for crap (stupid open differential FWD cars). I wonder how my AWD pickup would have done on the hill, I bet it would still have spun! But with a locking rear , I wonder if it could make it up half on the ditch. We were afraid to leave the house!

SmokinRAM114
01-02-2005, 01:21 PM
yea we went into a park and into the parking lot and ripped a few doughnuts.and did a few not trying.lol it was very dangerous tho

wikked
01-02-2005, 01:53 PM
I was called in to work because of the gay freezing liquid. Nothin like having to go to work a couple hours after waking up from heavy drinkin!
I couldn't even spin the tires for more than a 1/2 second :( Heh, at least I know they still got some life in 'em.
Ya really do miss barkin the tires when you've had AWD for so long, ah well, it won't be too long before I'll be able to do it anyway :shades