PDA

View Full Version : Anybody looking for a good deal on new computer parts?

Pantera99GS
01-01-2005, 04:18 PM
I work at a local computer store, and get a kickass discount from Intel or AMD every once in a while as a promo thing. I've got a brand new LGA775 Pentium 4 3.4ghz with an Intel motherboard and included copy of WinXP Pro. Would make an awesome foundation to a new system. You would still need all other parts to complete the system though, like DDR2 memory, hard drive, PCI Express video etc.... Anybody who's interested just make me an offer.

SloFarmTruck
01-02-2005, 01:41 AM
$1.00 :thumbsup If thats too much I have some change in my pocket. :D

j/k I have been asking everybody I know if they need any cpu stuff and most of them like me have no idea what anything you said in your post means. :confused I will keep asking though.

GTSLOW
01-02-2005, 10:04 AM
I work at a local computer store, and get a kickass discount from Intel or AMD every once in a while as a promo thing. I've got a brand new LGA775 Pentium 4 3.4ghz with an Intel motherboard and included copy of WinXP Pro. Would make an awesome foundation to a new system. You would still need all other parts to complete the system though, like DDR2 memory, hard drive, PCI Express video etc.... Anybody who's interested just make me an offer.

To bad! I just bought an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ processo and Asus K8N deluxe motherboard.

Can you get discounts on other stuff too?

Nvr_Evil
01-02-2005, 02:31 PM
should have been a pm oops

Pantera99GS
01-02-2005, 08:46 PM
To bad! I just bought an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ processo and Asus K8N deluxe motherboard.

Can you get discounts on other stuff too?

Not really other than just employee discounts, but thats pretty limited to just stuff that I myself would need.

And good choice on the Athlon64- this Intel chip and mobo would make a nice system, but I'm waiting for our promo with AMD so I can get an Athlon 64 system.

Nvr_Evil- wasnt sure if the $20 offer was a joke or not- but here's a link to Compusa for just a Pentium4 processer, thats slower than the one I'm trying to sell: http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=317788&pfp=BROWSE

Pantera99GS
01-02-2005, 08:47 PM
$1.00 :thumbsup If thats too much I have some change in my pocket. :D

You know, your computer just might mysteriously stop working one of these days.....
:chair:

BadAzzGTA89
01-02-2005, 09:11 PM
Were ya guys work??

Neal Steffek
01-02-2005, 09:29 PM
I know what you paid for it. And I also know that if you sell it (as it is for personal use only) Intel/AMD will yank your purchase program, not only for you, but also for your store. Just keep that in mind as I am friends with a few of the Intel reps. :chair:

Nvr_Evil
01-03-2005, 02:00 AM
You can get whole computers for that price and faster than that Pentium chip. I dont get why you people just dont say i want this much for this product? The $20 offer is based upon, parts get cheaper by the day, and I dont know what going prices are.

GTSLOW
01-03-2005, 02:07 AM
Just keep that in mind as I am friends with a few of the Intel reps.

Wow a guy tries to give us a deal and you threaten to report him to Intel.

That deserves: :asshole :sgay :loser

Neal Steffek
01-03-2005, 11:16 AM
Wow a guy tries to give us a deal and you threaten to report him to Intel.

That deserves: :asshole :sgay :loser

It is not that I am trying to stop people from getting a great deal. It is the fact that this person is going to ruin the purchase program for a LOT of people, myself included. :fire

Pantera99GS
01-03-2005, 05:16 PM
It is not that I am trying to stop people from getting a great deal. It is the fact that this person is going to ruin the purchase program for a LOT of people, myself included. :fire

Actually I did intend on building a system around it, but a family emergency changed those plans. And from looking around on a couple different forums, it seems I'm not the only doing this. I thought I would try and see if any other car guys around here would have liked a deal.

Neal Steffek
01-03-2005, 06:57 PM
Actually I did intend on building a system around it, but a family emergency changed those plans. And from looking around on a couple different forums, it seems I'm not the only doing this. I thought I would try and see if any other car guys around here would have liked a deal.

The problem comes in that if you read the agreement on your purchase, you may not sell it for 1 year after your purchase. Also, I have found other people on other forums trying this, and I have responded with pretty much the same message "don't sell it unless you want to lose your purchase program.

SloFarmTruck
01-03-2005, 09:14 PM
Wow, so much negativity. Neil are you speaking from experience? Have you been caught doing these things, you seem very defensive. Are there any Circuit City Skeletons in your closet? It seems like all he is doing is just trying to help someone save some money, so thanks for you advice/experience. Now is anybody interested? :D

Neal Steffek
01-03-2005, 09:26 PM
Wow, so much negativity. Neil are you speaking from experience? Have you been caught doing these things, you seem very defensive. Are there any Circuit City Skeletons in your closet? It seems like all he is doing is just trying to help someone save some money, so thanks for you advice/experience. Now is anybody interested? :D

Nope, I have never had to worry of being "caught" because I don't do stupid things like this. Why would I risk my job on my discount? Just doesnt ake sense. Also, I don't work at Circuit City, I work at American TV. :goof I am not going to report him but this is just a warning for him to watch out because Intel is not stupid on where there discounted packages go.

SloFarmTruck
01-03-2005, 09:42 PM
You work at American Now. but I digress...... We all know where you are coming from and once again appreciate the advice, however we are mostly all adults here and take responsibility for our own actions, so if he decides to sell a product he bought let him and maybe next time a PM would have been a better idea. just a thought.