PDA

View Full Version : c6 Z06

Go Speed
12-30-2004, 09:05 AM
Sorry if it's a repost, I didn't see it.

http://vorlon.case.edu/~aap8/gallery/c6z06spy?page=2

200mph, $80k vette.
:scratches head:

is it really necessary? I mean seriously, they should have a $45,000 Z06 appearance package for the old dudes and their geriatric stripper girlfriends who are going to be buying it.

SlowStee
12-31-2004, 03:52 AM
still cheaper than the competition it appears :stare

Syclone0044
12-31-2004, 07:48 PM
Did anyone catch this - It's officially a 427 small block!!! I've been waiting forever to confirm if this is true. I can't beleive it. Has any factory ever produced a 427 small block before? I am the last person to drool over whatever the latest garbage GM spews forth, but this 427 has really got me! I saw they have it set up a little too rowdy for my tastes (peak TQ not until 4800 RPM and redline not until 7000+) but those cubic inches are awesome regardless. I can only imagine since it's a warranty emission passing street car that it has a more tame cam than I'm thinking.

SSMike Did you see the brakes? 6 piston calipers and 14" rotors!! This thing oughta be hella insane at Road America. What percent of Road America cars do you think will consist of C6 Z06s when they are available? 25% :D

Props to GM for coming out with something BALLSY for a change!! Now work on something the working man can afford! :puppyeyes

SSmike1
12-31-2004, 10:00 PM
YEEEE-Haaaaaaaa
Josh,
we will be standing On our Noses
with those Brakes!

I cant wait till i can afford one, ( C6-Z06 )
and put Real Race Pads in there,
with Sticky Tires!

And stand her on her Nose!
:rolf
:wooo

i like it
i love it
i want more of it

:) :)

Al
01-01-2005, 03:13 PM
6 piston calipers and 14" rotors

And to think that my integra has only 4 cylinders for an ENGINE, and my wheels are 14 inches!!!

As for the small block aspect, what is the rod to stroke ratio? I hope this isn't a recipie for short engine life!

lotsals1
01-02-2005, 12:00 AM
Did anyone catch this - It's officially a 427 small block!!! I've been waiting forever to confirm if this is true. I can't beleive it. Has any factory ever produced a 427 small block before? I am the last person to drool over whatever the latest garbage GM spews forth, but this 427 has really got me! I saw they have it set up a little too rowdy for my tastes (peak TQ not until 4800 RPM and redline not until 7000+) but those cubic inches are awesome regardless. I can only imagine since it's a warranty emission passing street car that it has a more tame cam than I'm thinking.

SSMike Did you see the brakes? 6 piston calipers and 14" rotors!! This thing oughta be hella insane at Road America. What percent of Road America cars do you think will consist of C6 Z06s when they are available? 25% :D

Props to GM for coming out with something BALLSY for a change!! Now work on something the working man can afford! :puppyeyeswell the peak numbers are on a stock configuration a simple cam swap would change quite a few things-80k isnt bad when you consider it , that motor is bullet proof ,the cubes are freakin cool -and i will bet within 1year of production start there will be a ton well over 600rwhp ,this is GM's way of whomping on the 6 figure gt-40 and the million dollar european "supercars :rolleyes: "
Top notch engineering on gm's part imo :shades Put some boost in that ***** once :wow