PDA

View Full Version : Need Help finding a winter car

OldSchoolSS
12-29-2004, 05:27 PM
Hey guys can you be on the lookout for a 1991-97 cavalier or subird/sunfire with a 2.2 and a 5 speed. I'm looking for something cheap. Or even an older saturn. I've been searching the classifieds and the papers and everything i call about is already sold. Post if you find something.

Thanks,

Scott

Prince Valiant
12-29-2004, 05:31 PM
Might be on the exspensive side...but for probably around 3500 you could get a great 95 CK 1500 pick-up, 4WD, 5 speed, 4.3 V6...with tons of new parts (basically it the owner wasn't able to pay the repair bills), PM me if you are interested.

OldSchoolSS
12-29-2004, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the offer but I'll pass on that one. I need something cheap that gets around 30 mpg it has to be fwd and I don't like trucks. I'm trying to sell my truck right now since I never use it anymore.

NoJoke83
12-29-2004, 06:41 PM
ive got a 93 olds achieva sc....2dr,5spd, HO quad 4, dual exhaust, 30+ mpg-----ac works, heat works, pioneer cd player, absolutely no rust whatsoever....$900

OldSchoolSS
12-29-2004, 06:43 PM
That sounds more like it. Send some pics to srsterr@wisc.edu. How many miles?

Thanks,

Scott

ACRturbo
12-29-2004, 09:34 PM
I have a '96 Dodge neon

atx
166,xxx miles
all power options
new tires and brakes
keyless entry
runs good

how about $700?? i am willing to deal, need to get rid of it to fund my turbo system!

OldSchoolSS
01-01-2005, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I ended up buying Andy's Achieva yesterday. So far so good. The car runs amazing. Andy I forgot what you said about the drivers side window and cracked it open a little bit on the highway and couldn't get it up again till I got home and parked the car. I ripped the door apart and took the regulator out today. It was all bent to hell so I did a little bit of metal working and got everything straight again, then I welded in some reinforcment pieces to the arms on the regulator greased her up put it back in and she's good as new. I also fixed a wiring problem with the cd player and I think I found out why the interior lights didn't work. There is a blown fuse in the body control module. So I need to run to radioshack tomorrow and get a new one to soder in.

After I get that fixed that should be everything that I know of. I can't believe how solid the car is I can't find rust anywhere. I didn't realize it was that dark metalic red/pink though until I got home and parked it in the sunlight. Haha oh well.

Oh also did you have a remote for the pioneer headunit. When i fixed the wiring I looked up the schematics online. It stated in the specs that that headunit came with a remote.

Thanks,

Scott

NoJoke83
01-02-2005, 03:29 PM
im glad its working out for you.....i had been meaning to fix that window problem for some time.....i never had the remote for the radio but i am sure that you can get one for it....maybe you will figure out that 3rd gear shift problem...let me know you progress on the car.

OldSchoolSS
01-02-2005, 06:57 PM
Sounds good I don't need a remote that bad I just thought if you had it it might come in handy while working on the car and listening to the radio. I fixed the interior lights today. There were a few things fried in the body control module. A trip to radio shack and some sodering did the job. I also fixed the exhaust hanger on the passenger side and bent the exhaust pipe back to the right place. I think your girlfriends sister is off the hook for the 3rd gear problem. I checked the fluid in the tranny and it was 2.5 quarts low. I think the trans only holds 4 quarts. I took it for a drive after that and it doesn't grind as bad going into 3rd. Hopefully it will get better over the next week but I doubt it will I think the damage is already done. If I get ambitious this summer I'll put in a new synchro. So everything on it is fixed but that. One more thing what oil did you use in the car? Regular or synthetic? Brand? Weight?

Thanks

Rocket Power
01-02-2005, 08:33 PM
I am beginning to wonder if there are any Achievas that haven't had the window crap out :goof .
I'll have to check my regulator. :thumbsup