PDA

View Full Version : Whats the most off the wall build you would do that could be done

BAD LS1
12-29-2004, 02:05 PM
I think if i was to do a build on something stupid....

It would have to be an 87 Caprice, brown with tan interior with a 4.3L TBI motor And run an open element air filter and use the stock TBI unit, with a NOS plate fogger capable of supporting up to 500 HP shot then drill holes in the top of the a/ f lid and add jetting for the N20 and fuel supporting 250. Then get 2 15 lbs bottles in the trunk to feed it, Add some 26" e/t streets mounted up to the stock rims, add a "Lincoln locker" rear end, cut the exhaust off at the y pipe and go racin! See how long it takes to make the torque converter or the 700 r4 explode!

Crawlin
12-29-2004, 02:08 PM
similar, but not quite....

4.3L v6 built with low compression set up w/ a blow through carb s-trim vortech running some decent boost. have the s/c blades cut to be as quiet as possible. Hook that up to a powerglide w/ a t-brake. have a 35-50 shot as an intercooler. toss it in a 3rd gen w/ a stock flat hood. mount up some 15" hoosier qtp's on some stock old school Chevy Ralleye rims 15x8 in back and 15x5 up front. put some mid length headers on it to keep a stock appearance, with a y-pipe with cats(gutted of course) and run a dynomax ultra flo or a magnaflo muffler to keep it really quiet and like a 6cyl should. with the right gearing/suspension/motor setup i think the car could easily go 10's in a light enough car

Chris

BAD LS1
12-29-2004, 02:10 PM
Maybe a Metro or Aveo with a L67 3800 Supercharged drivetrain cobbled in :devil

It might just do reverse wheelies! :shades

Rocket Power
12-29-2004, 04:27 PM
A big early 80's Olds 98 with a 307 and turbo it til the crank dropped out of the windowed main block. :headbang

Neal Steffek
12-29-2004, 04:32 PM
Maybe a Metro or Aveo with a L67 3800 Supercharged drivetrain cobbled in :devil

It might just do reverse wheelies! :shades

Funny, I am going to put that into a 86 cav wagon in the next year. :wow

Crawlin
12-29-2004, 04:38 PM
a buddy threw a 400 pontiac/TH400 into a 2dr Olds from the mid 80's. forgot what exactly it was, but the 98 sounds familiar. big luxobarge of a two door car. tranny drop and spun the tires for a half mile and then blew the whole car apart, haha.

Flight_740
12-29-2004, 05:38 PM
I have always wanted to build a Metro with a Hyabusa engine built to hell. It would be a RWD car, light as hell.

Prince Valiant
12-29-2004, 05:57 PM
Whats the most off the wall build you would do that could be done meh, look in my garage :goof

Actually, I think it might be time to step it up a notch.

I've found my cars twin...same color, 4 door, dart, perfect no rust clean, low mileage...everything my car is not. I can buy it for a reasonable price too...the great thing about THIS car, beside the before mentioned traits is that it has the ubber strong 8 3/4 rear (strong enough for high 9's with a locker and good axles)...whereas my car has the 8 1.4 with it's 10-bolt-esque like strength :(

But take this car and put my 440 in the engine bay....well, but why stop at 440 when I could put in a nice 4.15 inch crank and end up with 496ci's?

So a 496 ci mopar wedge with the following:
11.5:1 CR
Ported Eddy AL heads with a target flow range in the 350ish cfm area (I like the smaller, better shaped ports of the eddy's as this would be a street-first motor. INDY uses much larger ports and has much more potential...but is best suited for more CR, more cam, more rpms than I'd be interested in doing)
Solid lifter cam in the 260-ish @ .050 range, .600ish lift, and 106 LSA range
Either a Eddy Victor single plane or a modified eddy rpm (hey, i'll sacrifice a couple HP to keep it all under a stock hood you know?)
Holley 950dp
Hooker fenderwell headers, 2 1/8th inch primaries
Backed by a built 727 auto with a 3400-3800rpm stall and 3.73's-4.10 gears

With a motor like that, I'd be looking at least 550++ Whp in a <3400 (with driver!) vehicle. With the stonger rear-end I could get more aggressive tires for real launching, suspension mods wouldn't be too hard (super-stock springs are still used on cars hitting the 8's :wooo ), subframe connectors and roll bar to brace the chasis, mount the motor to the front subframe via elephant ears...

Hopefully something like this would run mid 10's at 120++mph all motor....and then think if I started spraying nitrous...might need a cage! :wooo

The more likely event would be to build pretty much as specified, but instead of a 496 RB block, just go with a 408ci small block (built to similar specs, just more appropriate sized headers and carb)...would be cheaper and easier and wouldn't be too dificult to hit low 11's all motor, 10 on the juice.

would be fun, and I'm just the type to do it :thumbsup

Rocket Power
12-29-2004, 08:29 PM
You really should do it :rock:

GTSLOW
12-29-2004, 10:42 PM
similar, but not quite....

4.3L v6 built with low compression set up w/ a blow through carb s-trim vortech running some decent boost. have the s/c blades cut to be as quiet as possible. Hook that up to a powerglide w/ a t-brake. have a 35-50 shot as an intercooler. toss it in a 3rd gen w/ a stock flat hood. mount up some 15" hoosier qtp's on some stock old school Chevy Ralleye rims 15x8 in back and 15x5 up front. put some mid length headers on it to keep a stock appearance, with a y-pipe with cats(gutted of course) and run a dynomax ultra flo or a magnaflo muffler to keep it really quiet and like a 6cyl should. with the right gearing/suspension/motor setup i think the car could easily go 10's in a light enough car

Chris

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7943120476&category=33741&sspagename=WDVW

96+ s10/4.3L procharger kit @ 1,050 w/ 8hrs left Kit goes new for over 4grand!

Al
12-30-2004, 01:20 AM
Ooh ooh ooh!!! [expression like a kid in a candy store]

This is the kind of stuff I think of when there is nothing important to think about!

One of my more recent ideas is to take a civic or integra and stick a small block in back with tranny for rear drive. The engine would have to be built to the max sustainable hp (700-800hp). Tires in back would have to be a foot wide and enclosed in protruding fenders, I'd then prep the innards for racing and probably do something along the line of some "excessive" aerodynamics like the Escudo on GT3. I'd enter the car in the unlimited category in the Midwestern Council races.

The problem with the above stated is that the tranny like that of a panter is expensive (10 grand). My alternative would/could be to use a regular tranny and use something like a transfer case to connect a driveshaft to and direct it back towards the engine and then use unequal length halfshafts to each tire. Imagine the front falf of a 4wd after omitting the rear driveshaft and axle.

Another idea is to mount an engine in the bed of a pickup and connect an IRS diff directly to the tranny (no drive shaft needed). The truck would handle more like a porsche than a lightning. (tail heavy vs nose heavy). A good candidate for this project would be an S10 or...astro?!?

theavenger333
12-30-2004, 02:00 AM
build GM's crappy 3.1 MPI v6 and boost it in like a 91 S-10 or something....
not too wild, but honestly i have wanted to take a sixer camaro and L67 it... just think it would be cool

SMS 1
12-30-2004, 07:42 AM
For some reason I would just love to throw a built, sprayed, and charged Northstar in my GTP with really quiet mufflers :goof

eviljay
12-30-2004, 08:36 AM
If I do somthing it will look something like this , but in a full size. Kind of like a craftsmans truck series

turbo full size (http://ras001.0catch.com/s10/s10.htm)

Syclone0044
12-31-2004, 05:12 PM
Turbo big block in an ultra streetable AWD car :stare :headbang

quickcarl
12-31-2004, 06:00 PM
I would take the engine out of my race car and put it into an '86 Lincoln MKVII, and put on Borla collector mufflers, 4-3", 3 chamber flowmasters, with 2 Dynomax race bullets in the back for resonators and an H-pipes to quiet it down. Leave on the stock aluminum wheels on all 4 corners, wearing drag radial rubber, full pimp interior, power everything and all. It would be fun to see the looks on people's faces when the thing rips off an 8.50, all over the track and you couldn't even really hear a thing !!! Wait the turbo cars are faster than that and you can't hear them either..................but hey, they don't have leather interior !!!! :rolf

PB86MCSS
01-02-2005, 12:17 AM
Early 90's Pontiac 6000 AWD versions....and stick a L67 in there :D :headbang. No one would expect it...maybe someday...

theavenger333
01-02-2005, 05:18 AM
^ nice!!!!

SmokinRAM114
01-02-2005, 01:08 PM
ok most outrageous car i would build that was built by my brothers friends Jon was a 87 mazda rx7 with a turbocharged 350. totally stock out side.he was kicked off GLD cuz he went in the 9s with one run.no cage nothing. they have it on video and i will try to get that posted on here.he builds outrageous vehicles he has 383 chevy in a porsche 911.and you have to see his new wrx. :wooo he had it for like a week and built the sh!t out of it.

Syclone0044
01-02-2005, 02:54 PM
Alright I take back what I said after discovering something new. Instead of turbocharged big block - makes vehicle too front heavy and too heavy period not to mention bad gas mileage - a turbocharged small block chevy 472!! Yes I saw on Horsepower TV they built a 472 street motor shortblock, its a special SBC block with a raised cam location and beefed cylinder walls. I dont remember the exact specs but I want to say it was a 4.2" bore and 4.2" stroke! HELLA cubic inches in a small lightweight package!

Prince Valiant
01-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Josh, why not go with an AL big block then and get 572, or even into the 800ci range without weighing a whole lot :thumbsup

DFJ6000
01-03-2005, 04:19 PM
Id like to do a 5.0 probe, a 5.7 cavy or a hemi neon

jbiscuit
01-03-2005, 04:35 PM
a fully built turbo'd SBC in an MG convertible.....mini tubs and a Ford 9" out back. That should turn a few heads :rolf :thumbsup