PDA

View Full Version : Best 4cyl. engine builder in WI ?

awsomeears
12-23-2004, 11:54 AM
I would like to do my motor the right way and have the rods/crank balanced and assembled. I will provide every single part needed. I only need someone to build the short block :thumbsup

Me and my friend brian personally could build it but id rather spend some $$ on a top notch engine builder to do the assembly, not that I dont trust my Work and brians but I know it wont be as close to somone that has built hundreds of engine threwout his life

This also will be a turbo motor and will see high boost for sure, more then 15psi up to 30 psi depending on turbo, if I go bigger prolly not 30 cuz it'll go boom :wooo

So far I have 1 option, when my brother had his 468 rebuilt to a 492 the guy (mike) did an amazing job with it, and the car runs Strong :headbang He also builds 502s 454s ect ect. for truck pulling trucks that see 10 K RPM :wooo But im unsure if he does 4cyl engines, ive yet to call him about it but soon will.

And yes this is going into a Dodge Neon for all you Haters !!!!!! LOL :banana

I was thinking about calling up CNS and asking them about it cuz ive heard nothing but good things from them and there machine work

Anyone know what price range is normal ?

Any help welcomed

wikked
12-23-2004, 12:29 PM
AME RACING ENGINES
4175 N 124TH ST, BROOKFIELD, WI 53005
Phone: (262) 781-8944

I do believe that is the one that has done countless DSM (Eclipse/Talon/Laser) engines. No real complaints, it's kinda like eBay feedback, there's always a few jackholes that will never be satisfied and say bad things.
Safe to say that they know their shìt though.

theavenger333
12-23-2004, 12:29 PM
C&s

awsomeears
12-25-2004, 09:33 PM
ill give them a call monday :headbang and see what they say

anyone else.

Id love to take it to a place that there life is 4 cyl. motors :thumbsup

theavenger333
12-26-2004, 01:26 AM
i don't really know of any around here that is 4cyl specializing. down in chicago there are many though

SLOWC5
12-26-2004, 02:42 PM
fuelsystems in waukesha builds engine i believe, neighbor works there and was telling me about a 4cyl they were building before KOTH this year.

JEFF

ACRturbo
12-26-2004, 04:45 PM
try "Beyond Engineering" they do mostly imports but i'm sure they have seen a few 420a blocks. They mostly work on four cylinders. By the way when is that pos gonna be boosting? :D

awsomeears
12-27-2004, 04:22 AM
try "Beyond Engineering" they do mostly imports but i'm sure they have seen a few 420a blocks. They mostly work on four cylinders. By the way when is that pos gonna be boosting? :D

**** man im not sure, im going back to school next month and working again in the HVAC field, I hope Id get it done this year :eek:

I just want to blow some 5.0s out of the box and get the " was that a ******* neon " it wont be the fastest thing in the world but it ( should ) be quick non the less........ then again who knows :(

fly5150
12-27-2004, 07:42 PM

You know i'm not one to say bad about anyone, i have been in the fast car scene for qute a few years now... But I am not impressed with things i have seen as of late. A guy that works for me purchased a car that Beyond had worked on. They charged the kid over $2000 for a stock motor and trans that anyone can buy on ebay or a junk yard for less than $600. Now i'm not saying they can't build nice stuff, just that they may take advantage of an unknowing person, i saw it with my own eyes. Just watch out, thats all.

awsomeears
12-27-2004, 08:03 PM
You know i'm not one to say bad about anyone, i have been in the fast car scene for qute a few years now... But I am not impressed with things i have seen as of late. A guy that works for me purchased a car that Beyond had worked on. They charged the kid over $2000 for a stock motor and trans that anyone can buy on ebay or a junk yard for less than $600. Now i'm not saying they can't build nice stuff, just that they may take advantage of an unknowing person, i saw it with my own eyes. Just watch out, thats all.

This is exactly why I posted this topic, so I get feed back. Ya ill cancle out them as of now :thumbsup

Im all about being honest :thumbsup

Thanks for the heads up

Lash
12-27-2004, 10:36 PM
*waits patiently for bee*

:shades

theavenger333
12-28-2004, 12:34 AM
*waits patiently for bee*
:shades
yeah, the guy knows hondas, but i dont think i would take that neon motor to him

ACRturbo
12-28-2004, 12:47 AM
->I just want to blow some 5.0s out of the box and get the " was that a ******* neon " it wont be the fastest thing in the world but it ( should ) be quick non the less........ then again who knows :([/QUOTE]

...exactly why i'm boosting the ACR, who would expect a 13 second neon that looks stock on the outside, except a little lower than stock ride height he he :headbang

I think you should just take your time and build it yourself, you already know what you are doing!