PDA

View Full Version : Plans for 2005?

PB86MCSS
12-17-2004, 10:32 AM
Sooooo....since this forum is kinda dead, what are everyones plans for their Montes in 2005, or insert other g-body here ;).

I plan to get my ram-air hood on the SS in spring and the car wetsanded, upgrade the cat-back exhaust, some BMR lower rear arm re-location brackets for traction and some drag radials on my GTA's for the track and see what she'll do. Hopefully the stock tranny lasts one more summer :banana .

For the LS it will be getting a 350 Vortec motor first thing in spring on a budget build. Nice cam and maybe roller rockers, custom PROM, etc. Then re-build the front suspension and do the brakes...possibly a *stage 2* setup from www.sc&c.com

The Cavalier will be retired after this winter I think, I'm seriously thinking of entering it in a compact enduro race this summer or spring and having some fun with it :D.

SSScottSS
12-20-2004, 02:28 AM
Maybe you could update your webpage too? "Page last updated 8-29-03" :goof

I don't know if I'm going to do anything to my car this winter. I was thinking new cam.

PB86MCSS
12-20-2004, 06:18 PM
Hehe....yea, the web page is one thing I've meant to finally update :wow . Maybe over the winter, to help pass time without either car. I don't even think I have the TPI swap stuff finished on there which was started 2 years ago :rolleyes: :sleep :slap .

Rocket Power
12-20-2004, 09:23 PM
Well since I have vehicular A.D.D. .... :goof
I am going to be putting most if not all the effort this winter into the 64 which if it becomes road worthy will get the 455 that is in the 86 and that WAS in my 71 Vista Cruiser. The motor has been in 2 cars and has yet to have ONE road mile on it :rolf . Otherwise the 86 will get an exhaust for the BBO.
Knowing myself, I see one of 2 senerios. I spend half the availible money on each car, there-by insuring neither will leave the garage again for another year, OR I'll find another new project that will sit in the garage that my wife can yell at me about. :goof
If the BBO goes in the 64 I have an 84 H/O 307 to throw in the 86.
I also have to find time to do a motor for my wife's 442 (Old Smokey ;) )

Rocket Power
12-20-2004, 09:29 PM
BTW anyone know of a cheap 403 anywhere?
We are thinking of putting one in Angie's 86 442, otherwise I have a 350 to build and put in, but we'd rather do a 403.

PB86MCSS
12-24-2004, 09:56 AM
Since Scott mentioned it I updated my web site :D. Still going to do a bit more, but got some done.

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Flats/8607/Montepage.html

Cleaned it up, going to re-do the ex-cars links and add more pictures in spring thanks to the digital camera :).

If anything looks stupid or doesn't work, let me know.

Rocket Power
12-24-2004, 11:36 AM
What I've looked at so far looks good to me :thumbsup

In another bout of automotive A.D.D., :goof after talking to my buddy I am going to leave the BBO in the 86 for a while so I can hopefully run it in the BOP race at 'Da Grove in June. Might be just enough time to finish up the exhaust. :rolf
That way I can take my time on the 64. Of course it's subject to change w/o notice

SSScottSS
12-24-2004, 12:37 PM
I was just giving you a hard time Paul :D You stepped up to a digital camera!!! Congrats. Did you ever get your cell phone you were talking about a while back?

I didn't realize you had such an agressive cam in your 383. What work did you have done to the heads to use that much lift?

PB86MCSS
12-24-2004, 03:48 PM
No, its OK Scott, I have been meaning to get around to the site, the last few days I've had alot of spare time and I found it kind of fun/constructive to work on it :D. Remembering that I actually owned a Cutlass and the thoughts of the rot-box Montes brought back memories.

I did get a cell phone back in August, so I finally entered the new milenium ;). The digital camera is so nice too, no comparison to the 35mm. Figured on spoiling myself by buying good stuff before I leave Best Buy(hopefully sometime soon) to get a *real* job.

The heads have better springs in them to accept the cam as well as a valve job, stainless valves, the guides cut down and tapped for screw in studs, but no porting or polishing was done to them.

Jamie, you should let the 455 get a chance to live in the 86' since its already in there, poor car wants to get out and melt some tires :banana . If I ever see a 403 I'll let ya know.

Rocket Power
12-25-2004, 10:15 AM
Yeah I think it'll stay there for a while. That way i can take my time on the 64 instead of rushing it.
I miss driving a G-body too :)
I wish it wasn't such a long drive to work (or wish I got paid more :goof ) so I could afford to drive one everyday. I fill up every 4 days in the Achieva as it is :crying

PB86MCSS
12-25-2004, 11:59 PM
Do an EFI motor, EFI-Olds :D.

If we didn't live in the rust belt I'd drive a g-body year round, besides my Montes I'd love to get a Malibu wagon to haul crap around in and do some mods to as well :) as well as being a driver. Either a TPI 305 or even the TBI 4.3 motor for good mileage and still have a little umph. Or if/when I finally do a 86-87 Turbo Buick swap into a 87-88 Cutlass, use that as the daily :headbang .

Rocket Power
12-26-2004, 11:13 AM
I have thought about the efi Olds thing. There is an SBO efi manifold at Al's ,or at least it was the last time I was there, it was the cast iron version though I am gonna pick up an alum version one of these days. The only downside is that the manifold is pretty much the only efi part you can use from the factory setup.
I hear ya on the wagon. I had a 1980 Pontiac G-wagon with the 301 powerhouse. It ran high 18's in the 1/4. :rolf
I would like to find another G-wagon in decent shape for a daily.

Crawlin
12-28-2004, 02:18 PM
there is a badass '87 M.C.S.S. in the builds right now in a secret location ;) not my car, but should be somewhat INTERESTING!!!

PB86MCSS
12-28-2004, 04:01 PM
Owner: Not me ;) but I know he is a member on here....if he wishes to keep it hush hush I won't out him but I was made aware of this car recently....definately sounds bad-ass!

Rocket Power
12-28-2004, 04:27 PM
Speaking of MCSS's was there more than one spoiler available? I saw a really nice black one over by Southridge today and the spoiler seemed shorter than I remember. Of course it's possible it's just been a long time since I've seen one, it is december after all. LOL

Someday I may buy another chevy. I've always loved the 78-up Malibus, stir in an LS1 and a six speed and some 17's :drool:
I think I may have spent too much time on pro-touring.com :goof

Crawlin
12-28-2004, 04:30 PM
Owner: Not me ;) but I know he is a member on here....if he wishes to keep it hush hush I won't out him but I was made aware of this car recently....definately sounds bad-ass!

That person and I were joking around how you were also on that site. The car is stripped down right now getting "cleaned" up a bit. No carpet, no interior, no engine/trans, no wiring harness, dash is coming out soon. Painless Wiring kit going in, got to POR-15 the floorpan and reseal some "holes" in the floor last i heard about it. Like I said, INTERESTING to say the least :)

Crawlin
12-28-2004, 04:31 PM
there's an LS1 malibu in chitown area, more of a drag car, but definitely badass :)

PB86MCSS
12-29-2004, 02:00 AM
This guys page on his LS6 Monte: http://home.earthlink.net/~bzdel/

Hes getting the new LS7 for it when it comes out, yikes!

Jamie with a Chevy, hell might be freezing over....;).

There are 2 spoilers on the SS....the standard one is considered the *stand up* and the later one is the *laydown*. The laydown spoiler is on all 86-87 Aerocoupes, 88' SS's and about half the 87' SS's....apparently no rhyme or reason how the 87' notchbacks got them and some didn't. The new SS's kind of copied the same idea, some could be ordered with the stand up some with the laydown from what I heard.

My SS has the *correct* standup style, I put a laydown style on the LS for variation reasons.

Rocket Power
12-29-2004, 10:56 AM
Cool at least I know I am not going crazy then :goof

I have had chevies in the past :D
My first car was a Chevy, a rust free 1978 Nova with the 250/1 bbl mega-horsepower motor. My second car was a 1964 Cutlass. The car that started my Olds loving :thumbsup
Other great chevies I've had:
1989 S-10(bought it 1990)
1981 Chevette "The Vette"

Prince Valiant
12-29-2004, 01:15 PM
1981 Chevette "The Vette" Man, everyone I knew who had one called their chevette's, "The vette".

I remember they used to be all over the place in the late 80's...now you hardly ever see one. The LAST person I knew that owned one at that time was way back in 92 :wooo

Crawlin
12-29-2004, 01:26 PM
We got one in at the dealership one time. Older gentleman. Red, and the body was MINT, i tell ya friggin MINT!! 23,000 miles on it. I wanted to buy it just to HAVE. hahaha

Chris

Rocket Power
12-29-2004, 01:30 PM
I also had the luxury version. The Pontiac T-1000 back in 95. Jumped good :thumbsup

My parents had one back in the day (late 70's early80's) And me and my sister used to fight over who got to sit in the hatch area :stare

Guess I have turned 180*, from being unsafe to testing the safety of cars. :goof

Rocket Power
12-29-2004, 01:31 PM
I guess I have taken this thread to the crapper. From Plans for cool cars for 05 to talking about Chevettes :rolf

Rocket Power
12-29-2004, 04:39 PM
Well in an effort to bring this thread back on topic....

I have decided what exhaust system I am putting on the 86.
I am going with a Pypes 2 1/2 " with X-pipe (http://pypesexhaust.com/sys-mc.html) , and probably their Race pro muffs. With non-SS tails of course. ;)

PB86MCSS
12-30-2004, 12:50 PM
One of my friends had a Chevette through high school, one sweet ride ;).

I heard about Pypes exhuast, not sure if I've ever seen it in person yet or heard them....sounds good though. If I had a Cutlass I'd get 442 tails too :D. Heck I put them on my LS even. :thumbsup Didn't wanna hear the *wanna-be-SS* comments or anything. Pure LS baby....well besides the SS spoiler.

Oh yea, I also updated my site again, re-doing my ex-cars links and even make a page for my Cav :durr . If anyone is really bored and wants to check it out.

Rocket Power
12-30-2004, 01:08 PM
I have seen the A-body set up in person and it was sweet. :thumbsup
Talked to my favorite vendor last night and decided on the Race Pro muffs. :banana
It will be getting ordered end of Jan. :headbang
Now onto whether it's headers or manifolds :goof
There is a guy with a G-bod Cutlass with a 455 pretty much the same as mine except for some ported J's (I have C's) 3.42's (I have 3.73's)and a 700r4 (2004r till it blows then th350 for me) running manifolds and turning 12.6's. Seen it myself at the Byron Mondello race. :headbang
So I figure even if I have to run manifolds, it won't be the end of the world.
Not trying to "ricer out" and say because he ran it I will :loser But I figure I should at least run low 13's if it hooks. My cam is very mild, same specs as the Edelbrock Performer for the 455. .472/.496 214/224 @.050.
Should be fun on the street though. I may have to swap in a stouter cam to back up the cowl hood :goof

PB86MCSS
12-30-2004, 03:16 PM
I would think the manifolds are quite restrictive, but maybe the ones for a 455 aren't so bad....I know even on the 305 the stock manifolds are quite craptastic.

Big cam :banana

Whats the stall in your 200-4r? Stock?

Rocket Power
12-30-2004, 05:18 PM
Yep it's stock 2400 stall or whichever. It's an 85 Monte SS trans. Darn Chevy parts ;)

The Small Block manifolds do suck, the Big Block ones are less sucky. Although Casey Marks is running high 12's with his 70 W-31 with the crappy sbo manifolds in the Pure Stock Drags.

Believe me if some used Hooker headers come along for the right price around the end of Jan, I'll be all over them :headbang
If I can find a way to get my SBO headers that I beat into submission to work with the stock starter I will use those. I think a 307 starter will fit but I hear they don't like turning an extra 150 cubes with another point of compression.

The Hookers are the only off the shelf header for the BBO/G-body. Although Kooks is coming out with some soon, But you're looking at $600+ and then you need a mini starter too. On the plus side they're inside the frame. But you can bet your a$$ I ain't laying out $8-900 for headers and a stater. :goof
I think the lower end header market (Hedman, Flowtech, Dynomax) is missing the boat by not coming up with an inside the frame header even if it had to be 1 3/4" .

Are you on the Olds Gmail list anymore Paul?

Rocket Power
12-30-2004, 05:26 PM
Hears a pic of Olds BBO dual manifolds
http://www.themotorcompany.com/catalog/images/manifold.jpg

PB86MCSS
12-30-2004, 09:10 PM
Yea nice headers ain't cheap :(. I paid $530-$570 for each set of my Hooker 2050 Jet Hot coated smog legal ones. The price jumped $40 in a years time... :eek: . Mini starter was $125 shipped, will do the same for the LS this year motor swap time....I'm a slave for my cars ;).

I got off the Olds Gmail list awhile back, lots of good stuff it seemed but since it was mostly all Olds related it seemed, nothing really applied to me. I barely read the Monte mailing list stuff as it is. If/when I get another Cutlass I might join, but then again it might not be Olds powered so they might not like that (makes turbo spool sounds) :goof .

Rocket Power
12-30-2004, 09:56 PM
A few years ago I saw a G-body cutlass with GN rims at a gas station but didn't wait around to see if it had the motor too.
I can forgive the Turbo buick swap. Because I LOVE TR's :D :headbang

I wouldn't mind even having a Hot-Air one.

I figured maybe you had stopped being on the list since I hadn't seen you post there in a long time, but wasn't sure if you were just lurking ;)

Prince Valiant
12-30-2004, 11:12 PM
Hears a pic of Olds BBO dual manifolds
http://www.themotorcompany.com/catalog/images/manifold.jpg
Why not just modify those manifolds? There are FAST cars with modified manifolds running in the low 11's....and one (plymouth road runner) that was DQ'd that is running in the 10's!!!!!

So do a little rounding of some of the edges with a die grinder, remove any obstructions, and then send off to be extrude honed and viola! MUCH better flowing manifolds...you've got a VERY nice dual pattern cam to overcome the poor exhaust flow of stock olds heads (sorry, but it's true...my stock 318 heads have better exhaust flow than say something like Olds 455 "J" iron heads do :( ) so even if the exhaust manifolds are "bad" it certainly wouldn't be too much of a bottle neck in the system. Hell, improve the flow throughout the rpm range by just adding an X pipe and it'll be like having shorty headers on there when you combine the effect of the cam, modded manifolds, and x-pipe altogether for only a few bucks...

Then you can have your 455 powered G-bod man! I wanna see it happen and race it :flipoff2:

:goof

PB86MCSS
12-31-2004, 01:32 AM
I think someone else mentioned on the board awhile back he knew the person who owned that black Cutlass with the GN wheels...if its the same one it was at Solid Gold a few years back, TR drivetrain, some interior parts and even the hoodliner with the wheels....solid car, nice swap :). Cutlass body is a strong favorite of mine right after the Montes(most 2 door g-bodies aren't far off either :D ) and the 87-88 front end is even sexier. I'd love one of those 88' GT's that was a dealer option thingie in SC/NC or whatever...definately a gray bucket seat interior one, astroroof a big plus. Swap in some 87' 442 silver dash trim, the 120 speedo and rallye pack if not equipped...not sure on the color, some darker shade maybe a darker blue or a dark reddish/orange shade(not bright orange ;) ), I do admit I like the GM sunset orange color that I see on many Pontiacs.....getting ahead of myself planning one :wow . It would definately have to be a cold air motor...

Then you can have your 455 powered G-bod man! I wanna see it happen and race it

I agree. :headbang

Rocket Power
12-31-2004, 10:36 AM
Well I snagged the pics of the manifolds of a site that sells them. I still have to buy a set. I have a friend in Ohio who has a set that he'll sell me since he bought a set of headers. Paul you may remember him, Andrew from the G-mail list.
Going rate on used W/Z's is $200-250 they have dividers between the center ports, in the pic those are repro's, X/Y's I believe, which have an open center but externally are the same. W/Z's are supposed to be slightly better and that what my friend has. We'll see which way I go, I have seen the Hooker's go for around $200 used. It'll be manifolds at the minimum, but if somebody waves headers for a good deal under my nose, well.... :D

I know what you mean about poor flow, luckily I have one of the better flowing BBO heads with the C's, but you can't relly get a decently big valve in an Olds easily. I have 2.07 intake and 1.68 exhausts, can't go too much bigger in a stock iron head, well at least I don't have the small valves, 2.00/1.625 ;)

Flow numbers for a stock C head exhaust are supposed to be around 150ish @.500 compared to a J head at 120ish both with 1.625 valves :wow
Fear the power of the almighty J :alcoholic

However it turns out I am sure it will be my fastest car ever, which is saying much since the previous cars have been 15 and 16 second rides :goof

Rocket Power
12-31-2004, 10:50 AM
I think someone else mentioned on the board awhile back he knew the person who owned that black Cutlass with the GN wheels...if its the same one it was at Solid Gold a few years back, TR drivetrain, some interior parts and even the hoodliner with the wheels....solid car, nice swap :). Cutlass body is a strong favorite of mine right after the Montes(most 2 door g-bodies aren't far off either :D ) and the 87-88 front end is even sexier. I'd love one of those 88' GT's that was a dealer option thingie in SC/NC or whatever...definately a gray bucket seat interior one, astroroof a big plus. Swap in some 87' 442 silver dash trim, the 120 speedo and rallye pack if not equipped

Yeah I love the 87-88 noses, may have to get one for my car :thumbsup
The TR swap isn't nearly as off the wall as that Turbo Mopar motor in the 87-88 Cutlass I saw at the DARE show :eek:
Better be ready to open that wallet for the 120mph speedo, Holy Crap are people getting the bucks for those, I have seen them going for over $200, when a regular rally pack is like $10-35. Hell, I've given regular ones away because I had too many :goof

I am up for a race when it's done, all in fun of course. I don't think I will win against either of you guys , but hey it'll be fun and that's what is important :thumbsup
I have warned the TH350 in the garage it's next if/when the 2004r blows :rolf

All in all if it hits the 13's I'll be happy. :banana

PB86MCSS
12-31-2004, 11:41 AM
Yea the Turbo 3.8 swap into other g-bodies and almost any car isn't too wild...that Mopar swap sure is, yikes...hope I get to see it someday.

I'll just wait for the day that a 87' 442 shows up at Al's and get the trim/speedo for like $10 :D. They did have that 86' 442, the rallye pack and buckets sat in there for a long long time before finally being taken out from what I noticed.

The 87-88 MCSS 120mph speedos go for $100 easy, usually more....I sold a complete 87-88 SS cluster for $206 or something on e-bay almost 2 years ago :eek: . My reserve was only like $125...

Might be a good race between my SS and your 442. I have yet to take it to GLD....I have to this year or I'll beat myself up for not going. I'm expecting a solid 13 something out of it....hopefully after the few mods this year on the lower to mid end. I'm hoping the stock tranny will take at least another year of abuse and the carb is tuned well enough, might have to piddle with that too.

Rocket Power
01-02-2005, 08:27 PM
Are you still running the SS on the computer?
I have thought about doing that on mine. I have an extra comp dist and I am pretty sure most if not all of the sensors are there. I just need a E-Qjet and to add a O2 sensor. I may do that one of these days.

PB86MCSS
01-02-2005, 10:49 PM
Yea I'm still running the stock Q-Jet and a 87-88 Monte computer with the ZZ4 chip....the 86' and older ECM's don't take well to the ZZ4 PROM's....the chip helps it a little I'm sure over the stock 305 setup one....change the ESC module and knock sensor for a 350. Plus I am no longer running the EGR valve, so the ZZ4 chip eliminates that. People have had some success running the stock Q-Jet still using the ECM. I know a local guy with a 85' MCSS got a best of a 12.8 on just motor using an untouched(if I recall) Q-Jet and ECM, SBC.

Rocket Power
01-03-2005, 12:13 AM
It seems as though 88 and up computers are the ones to get for Olds,they are the ones with the knock sensor. There are a few guys from the G-mail list working on burning some chips for those. So that's another thing for me to pickup at Al's when I get around to it :D .

We are most likely going to be leaving Angies on the computer when I replace "Old Smokey" with a 403 or 350.

SloFarmTruck
01-03-2005, 09:52 PM
PB already knows this but I am looking forward to seeing all of you guys in spring..... :thumbsup :3gears: :nitrous

Rocket Power
01-03-2005, 10:02 PM
Using my amazing powers of sleuthing.... :goof
Could you be the owner of the Mystery Monte? :thumbsup

SloFarmTruck
01-04-2005, 05:47 PM
An excellent sleuth you are. See you around in spring. :) :) :)

Rocket Power
01-04-2005, 09:55 PM
Can't wait to see it. :thumbsup

I am in a debate with myself right now. Should I keep the 4" cowl hood on the car or try to find a decent flat hood? The hood that came on the car has rust holes on it :eek:
Of course I could put some 307 stickers on the side of the cowl. :rolf

I am just worried about the hood writing a check the car can't cash :goof

Takes away some of the sleeper but does look kinda badass. :headbang
I have the stock intake on it for now, I need to get a crack welded on the performer in the exhaust crossover and may run a spacer at which point clearence may be at a premium. Who knows. :D

PB86MCSS
01-04-2005, 11:05 PM
4" cowl eh? Definately takes away the sleeper effect ;). Paint it ricer flat black and call it carbon fiber :D.

The faux ram-air Cutlass hood is cool, IMO...have seen it on 3 different ones in person now, I think one was the FE3X car by the guy in IL, a 84' HO around here and a 87-88 Cutlass with some ground effects and stuff done to it in the area too. Of course having it functional would be way cooler.

Looking forward to spring for so many reasons, can't wait myself. :thumbsup

SloFarmTruck
01-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Can't wait to see it. :thumbsup

I am in a debate with myself right now. Should I keep the 4" cowl hood on the car or try to find a decent flat hood? The hood that came on the car has rust holes on it :eek:
Of course I could put some 307 stickers on the side of the cowl. :rolf

I am just worried about the hood writing a check the car can't cash :goof

Takes away some of the sleeper but does look kinda badass. :headbang
I have the stock intake on it for now, I need to get a crack welded on the performer in the exhaust crossover and may run a spacer at which point clearence may be at a premium. Who knows. :D

I have my stock 87 SS hood prolly for sale or trade if you are wanting to get rid of your 4" cowl. I am looking to cash a few checks. :) pm me

PB86MCSS
01-05-2005, 06:58 PM
Monte and Cutlass hoods don't interchange ;). Only Regal and Cutlass doors for body parts are interchangeable although you could bolt up a whole front clip from various g-bodies, the body lines would look retarded....except the Cutlass/Regal since the doors are the same and body lines for the most part. All glass but the 1/4 glass is the same as far as I know though.

Rocket Power
01-05-2005, 07:03 PM
That's what I thought but I've never looked at the hood lines before on a Monte.

Woo hoo 4 pages :goof

SloFarmTruck
01-05-2005, 09:50 PM
DOH!.. Oh well than does anybody need an 87 SS hood in good condition. no rust. :D :D

This is the most action I have seen ever in this part of the board. woohoo

PB86MCSS
01-05-2005, 11:46 PM
Either because we rock :headbang ....or because we have nothing else to do :D. I'd say both. :goof

Theres a few more g-body owners on here...quit lurking! Say something.

GRNDNL
01-06-2005, 08:48 AM
Say something.

http://www.t6p.com/forums/images/smilies/moa.gif

Spoolin 6
01-07-2005, 06:30 PM
:thumbsup
http://www.t6p.com/forums/images/smilies/moa.gif

Rocket Power
01-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Hmmm we have at least 2 TR's, and a few monte's including the covert one ;)
It appears as though I will have the slowest G-body here even though mine probably has the biggest motor. :goof :rolf
But at least I should have the fastest 86 Olds g-body here :D

Burgandy85SS
01-07-2005, 11:49 PM
[QUOTE=Rocket Power]
It appears as though I will have the slowest G-body here even though mine probably has the biggest motor. :goof :rolf

You may have the biggest motor but I can gauranty that you Do Not have the Slowest G-body.

SloFarmTruck
01-08-2005, 08:38 AM
Hmmm we have at least 2 TR's, and a few monte's including the covert one ;)
But at least I should have the fastest 86 Olds g-body here :D

Biggest motor? Are you sure about that? :) :thumbsup

GRNDNL
01-08-2005, 09:35 AM

Wonder how the biggest motor will do against the smallest?.......... ;)

PB86MCSS
01-08-2005, 09:57 AM
My LS is probably the slowest that I know of....a stock SS probably would beat it the way it feels most the time :goof . Car should outperform a stock SS/442 with whats done but I'm not so sure....oh well, time for a 350 and get the 305 out of there :D. Still probably won't be faster than your 442...unless yours is running like poo.

Rocket Power
01-08-2005, 10:33 AM
I did say probably ;) :thumbsup :rolf

Rocket Power
01-08-2005, 10:39 AM
I would guess mine would do poorly since I'll be happy with if it runs 13's right off the bat :goof :rolf
However it sounds as though the Mystery Monte may be packing more that 461 cubes.

You guys are making me want to make mine faster before it's even gone anywhere :goof

Rocket Power
01-08-2005, 10:46 AM
My LS is probably the slowest that I know of....a stock SS probably would beat it the way it feels most the time :goof . Car should outperform a stock SS/442 with whats done but I'm not so sure....oh well, time for a 350 and get the 305 out of there :D. Still probably won't be faster than your 442...unless yours is running like poo.
Hmmmm maybe I should slap in a new cam before spring, I would hate to get beat by a 305. ;) :D
But I am ok with getting beaten by a whistling 231 :thumbsup

SloFarmTruck
01-09-2005, 01:50 AM
I would guess mine would do poorly since I'll be happy with if it runs 13's right off the bat :goof :rolf
However it sounds as though the Mystery Monte may be packing more that 461 cubes

Yep :) But I got a long way to go and a lot of $$$ before the reality happens. just a matter of time.

SloFarmTruck
01-09-2005, 01:52 AM

I can't wait to find out. :D :headbang :thumbsup

Rocket Power
01-09-2005, 05:13 PM
I may have a line on some cheap Hookers. :goof :rolf

Headers that is....

SloFarmTruck
01-10-2005, 05:10 PM
Buy them, install them, make more power, waste more tires. :)

Rocket Power
01-10-2005, 06:29 PM
That's the plan. :)
I am waiting for pics, the guy selling them said they are about 1 1/2 yrs old and 1 tube has a ding. As long as it isn't smashed closed or have rust holes I am getting them. 1 7/8" primaries :D

Rocket Power
01-12-2005, 09:53 PM
Looks like I am getting them :headbang
I am sending the money to him on Fri.
Order the rest of the exhaust in 2 weeks and the car should be ready for the street in spring. :banana

Low 16's here I come :goof

84hurst
01-14-2005, 11:31 AM
I've got to reseal the intake manifold, it's leaking coolant from the rear of the motor. But I know why that is. My heads were shaved for higher compression, but the intake was not shaved to match the heads. I've also got to fix a thermostat leak. I just cannot get rid of it, so this time I think I'll replace the neck while I'm at it. I also have a new dual exhaust planned, with headers instead of stock manifolds. Oh yeah, one more thing, my sagging headliner had GOT to be replaced. That's about it. Until I find some more money. Anyone feel like donating?

Rocket Power
01-14-2005, 09:22 PM
84hurst,

What did you all do to the motor? Pretty close to stock or fairly wild?
Are you going to the BOP race at Union Grove in June ?

Rocket Power
01-14-2005, 09:24 PM
This may turn out to be the longest thread in the Cutlass/Monte/Impala forum since I've been here :goof

Come on page six :rolf

84hurst
01-16-2005, 10:20 AM
Hey rocket, it's far from stock. It's bored .030, new pistons, oversized H bearings, shaved, ported and polished heads, new valves, guides, retainers and seals. Roller rockers, Performer RPM Intake manifold, Edelbrock 750 CFM carb with electric choke, and a much needed exhaust is on the way. any more questions?

Rocket Power
01-16-2005, 10:30 AM
any more questions?
Sure, what cam do you have in there?

Sounds like it should scoot along pretty good.

84hurst
01-16-2005, 12:16 PM
It's a crane cam, I'm not sure of the lift and duration, but if you really want to know, I could find out. It pulls ok, but it's not broken in yet. there's less than 300 miles on it. I can also tell that it is in desperate need of a full exhaust. I still have the factory 307 manifolds (very restrictive as you probably know). any more questions? :)

Rocket Power
01-16-2005, 12:19 PM
You don't have to do that. I was just curious. :)
I like to read about other Olds engine builds :thumbsup

Rocket Power
01-16-2005, 12:23 PM
Yeah those 307 manifolds aren't doing you any favors :goof

I can't wait, only 2 more weeks till I order the exhaust for mine :headbang

PB86MCSS
01-16-2005, 02:46 PM
Page 6 yet? ;)

I'm bored. Winter sucks. Maybe we can drag this post into spring :goof .

I haven't purchased any parts in quite some time....pretty long drought :(.

Prince Valiant
01-16-2005, 03:11 PM
My winter plans? I'll keep trying to nag a certain olds owner into getting his car done and ready :mad:

Even if I have to come over and build the thing myself! :chair:

Rocket Power
01-16-2005, 03:58 PM
I can't imagine who you'd be talking about :goof

Money order went out yesterday for the headers, hopefully have them by next weekend, I get my bonus on the 28th and that's when the exhaust gets ordered. :thumbsup

I decided that I am putting a 750 Holley vac secondary on it for a while. All my q-jets need throttle shaft bushings. I'll be getting it later this week. I am going to bug my buddy about welding the crack in my alum intake and putting that on too.

As a side rant I got the wrong rotors from autozone for the wifes car :fire
They aren't even close, too big and wrong offset :fire
Nice to find out when it's like 1 f-ing degree out :fire

SloFarmTruck
01-17-2005, 05:03 PM
You must have gone to the Autozone that the 15 year old pimple faced kid with the 91 honda civic with no hubcaps cause that makes the car faster works at that I went to last week. whew the same thing happened to me. :thumbsup

Rocket Power
01-17-2005, 06:26 PM
LOL
Well I did get them exchanged, the p/n was 1 number off. So I changed them today, suprisingly it was much warmer at around 2 degrees :goof

PB86MCSS
01-18-2005, 11:03 AM
LOL
Well I did get them exchanged, the p/n was 1 number off. So I changed them today, suprisingly it was much warmer at around 2 degrees

Yikes, props to working outside in this crap :eek: . I parted out that Monte you spotted last year at this time and did my TPI swap to the LS the year before during winter but don't recall too often when it was single digits that I'd venture outside ;). I'm already feeling too old to work on cars in the middle of winter after the last two.

I'd just assume drive with the front brakes gone rather than touch icey cold metal doing a brake job in this. Wait for the warm stuff, yaknow, the 10-15 degree range :goof .

Rocket Power
01-20-2005, 06:53 PM
We've been slackin' here , how are we going to get to page 7 if we skip days between posts? :goof

I got an email from the guy I'm getting the headers from..... THEY SHIP TOMORROW !!!!!! :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana
I don't know how long it'll take DHL from Wichita , but I hope it isn't long :D

SloFarmTruck
01-20-2005, 10:39 PM
page 7 here we come!!!!

Hey totally off topic but can anybody host a picture for me? Or know where I can host one at.

Good Luck with the headers. :thumbsup I love getting new parts.

Rocket Power
01-21-2005, 08:02 PM
I love new parts too, especially when they're cheap :thumbsup

I may have found a 403 to rebuild for the wifes 442 also. Gonna look at it next week. :headbang

PB86MCSS
01-21-2005, 08:12 PM
Ahhh, new parts...whats not to love about 'em? :)

Still waiting for some good deals on parts before I buy anything for my 350 build this spring....don't need too much to make it happen. First find a good used TPI/Vortec intake(new ones are $400 :eek: ), then decide on a cam, 350 ESC module, LT1 mini-starter, what to get done on the Vortec heads that a friend of mine has that I'll be using and of course a new gasket set and custom 350 PROM burned after all the parts are decided upon.

WindsorCapri, any pics of your new Monte? Something to look at besides all this snow were getting. I can host a pic if you'd like, just shoot it to my e-mail at: tadowpaul@aol.com

Rocket Power
01-21-2005, 11:51 PM
Hey Paul,

Been to Al's lately?
I was wondering if that Black G-bod Cutlass is still there.

PB86MCSS
01-22-2005, 12:31 AM
Hmm, haven't been there but a couple times the last couple months...seems they aren't getting anything good in :(.

The black/sandstone gray interior Cutlass? If that one, its been gone for quite awhile as far as I know. I still regret not taking that whole interior out and the A/C delete setup. The diesel Cutlass was still there :goof .

SloFarmTruck
01-22-2005, 08:57 AM
Ahhh, new parts...whats not to love about 'em? :)

WindsorCapri, any pics of your new Monte? Something to look at besides all this snow were getting. I can host a pic if you'd like, just shoot it to my e-mail at: tadowpaul@aol.com

I will email you in a few days.

Rocket Power
01-22-2005, 10:49 AM
No, it was black with a Claret/Burgandy interior.
I thought I may go today but then I looked outside and changed my mind :goof

I found a pack of Big boob playing cards in that diesel one :rolf
Also had a set of valve covers in the trunk that looked like new last time I looked at it.

Well off to snowblow for a bit :mad:

GRNDNL
01-22-2005, 11:38 AM
[QUOTE=PB86MCSS] I still regret not taking that whole interior out and the A/C delete setup. QUOTE]

Pull any A/C delete stuff you find, I'll pay good money for them.... :deal

PB86MCSS
01-22-2005, 08:51 PM
Pull any A/C delete stuff you find, I'll pay good money for them....

Al's has had a handful of g-bodies with A/C delete in them, but nothing lately :(. I got my setup from MYFYN79 on the board here for a song ;).

Does anyone have a Turbo Regal without A/C from the factory? I know its *going fast with class* but surely someone just wanted the bare bones performance and not the added clutter/weight of A/C :).

If I find anything I'll let you know, I've seen some sets for sale on www.montecarloss.com , I'd think all the parts are the same for g-bodies except maybe the heater control.

Rocket Power
01-22-2005, 10:13 PM
Geez I want to put it on and you guys are taking off the A/C :goof

Are we at page 7 yet? :D

PB86MCSS
01-23-2005, 01:48 AM
I just remembered the black/burgandy Cutlass now that I think about it...was pretty well stripped I believe, doors gone even? I miss the days of finding g-bodies and getting a bunch of goodies....Al's is getting less worthy parts ones, the last good one I recall was that astroroof 87' Salon with buckets/ralleye gauges and a couple GP's with buckets last year. They crushed one 86-87 with a nice gray bucket interior still pretty much complete last year, kind of a waste :(.

I removed the A/C on the SS since its much cleaner with it gone, I've never had a car with A/C that worked anyways :goof . Got the delete setup and converted it, looks factory inside and under the hood, just something different to do I guess. Just drive the car on pleasure cruises....I rarely use A/C unless its raining out with high heat/humidity. The LS has an A/C delete pulley on for the serpentine setup like the SS(thanks to Al's ;) ) but I plan to get the A/C hooked up and working....someday. Would be a nice thing to have, maybe once this motor swap is done.

Rocket Power
01-23-2005, 08:59 AM
Yep that's the one.

I know what you mean about Al's low selection of G-bod's. I think there are just getting to be less and less around. I remember back inthe day you used to be able to find Cutlass with good bodies and a smoked 231 for a few hundred bucks, Now people want over a grand for some rotted out hooptie with a million miles on it.
I should have started collecting them in the early 90's :goof

GRNDNL
01-23-2005, 10:06 AM
Al's has had a handful of g-bodies with A/C delete in them, but nothing lately :(. I got my setup from MYFYN79 on the board here for a song ;).

Does anyone have a Turbo Regal without A/C from the factory? I know its *going fast with class* but surely someone just wanted the bare bones performance and not the added clutter/weight of A/C :).

If I find anything I'll let you know, I've seen some sets for sale on www.montecarloss.com , I'd think all the parts are the same for g-bodies except maybe the heater control.

My understanding is there all the same, even the heater controls......

The Turbo Buick guys seem to be always looking for them, need the complete set-up, controls, cables and box......I would like a set-up just to have, no plans on pulling the A/C off my car yet, but you never know. I have 2 friends looking for a set-up though.......

Burgandy85SS
01-23-2005, 11:43 PM
The last time I was at Als about a month ago there was a 87or 88 Cutlass there just a bit west of the black one your talking about. It was either white and purple or silver and purple I dont remember (a tacky repaint)
I was plaining on going out there Saturday but once I heard the weather report on Thursday I changed my mind.

Rocket Power
01-26-2005, 10:33 PM
WooHooo , I got my headers today :headbang
Probably order the exhaust on friday, I am going to head down to the Drag News Expo (http://www.dragnews.com/expo/) down in IL on Sat and look for some stuff too.They have a small swap area :banana

Ok now we need to start trying for page 8 :goof

PB86MCSS
01-27-2005, 01:20 PM
I purchased a new mini-starter for the LS 350 off e-bay...same place that I got mine from last year for the SS, a Turbo Buick guy. $96 shipped, saves me $30 over last years price :D. First motor part, maybe it will get me on a roll....hey February is almost here :goof .

Rocket Power
01-28-2005, 12:44 AM
I purchased a new mini-starter for the LS 350 off e-bay...same place that I got mine from last year for the SS, a Turbo Buick guy. $96 shipped, saves me $30 over last years price :D. First motor part, maybe it will get me on a roll....hey February is almost here :goof .
That's a good deal :thumbsup
I hopefully will be picking up a 403 for Angies car tomorrow afternoon. :banana

PB86MCSS
01-31-2005, 08:44 PM
Tommorow I might head to Al's, its been awhile ;). Hopefully they got in a couple new g-bodies to scrounge over to make it worthwhile. Not much money to spend on spare parts but I'm bored so maybe I'll find some goodies.

Rocket Power
01-31-2005, 09:31 PM
Let me know if you see any Cutlasses.

Rocket Power
01-31-2005, 09:33 PM
Well the 403 pick up didn't turn out as planned, however I have a line on a couple 330 Olds motors. They have forged steel cranks :headbang

Rocket Power
02-01-2005, 11:58 PM
....and the 330's are now residents of my garage :D

One of these days I should do something with all these motors laying around the garage :goof
1-305
2-307's
1-350 Olds
2-330 Olds
a quad, and a partridge in a pear tree ;)

PB86MCSS
02-02-2005, 02:03 PM
Went to Al's, didn't see any new g-bodies :(. Not much to pick from, just got a few parts for my gf's 95' Corsica...

What are the Olds 330's out of/rated power wise? I never heard of a 330 before, learn something new everyday :D.

Rocket Power
02-02-2005, 02:39 PM
These particluar ones were from 1964 full sized Oldses.
In 64 they had a shaft rocker setup, which makes the 64's kind of an odd ball.
Also all Olds V8's from 64-67 had forged steel cranks :thumbsup
There were some 1968 455's that also had them but they are pretty uncommon.
They are 2 bbl ones, which were rated at 245 hp in the fullsize cars, the 4bbl ratings in 64 were 290 hp for everything except the 442 and 310 hp in the 442 (442's didn't get a big block till 1965), and from 1965-67 on they were in the 315 range for 4bbls. In 1968 the 350 came out and the 330 went away.

The 330 was the predecessor to the 350 which shared the same 3.385 stroke but had a 4.057 bore vs. the 3.9385 bore of the 330.

One of the motors is torn down and wrapped up and the other is completely assembled. The assembled one is supposed to have about 80K miles on it. I am going to check it out. If it looks good inside, it's getting a cam, headers and a performer RPM intake and slipping into Angie's 86. The other one will get built up in the future for my 64. :headbang

Burgandy85SS
02-02-2005, 10:35 PM
I was out at Als on Saturday and found nothing i needed. Did see a white IROC-Z with a set of pretty nice factory Iroc rims on it.
I may head out to a yard on mill road this Saturday if there is anything anyone is looking for let me know and I will keep an eye open.

PB86MCSS
02-02-2005, 11:18 PM
I saw a white Z-28/IROC, I'm guessing the same one. The wheels were off and the motor was still in the car but from underneath it was a v-belt setup, couldn't tell if it was a TPI or carbed car since it was resting lifed up on a big storage thing or whatever.

Rocket Power
02-03-2005, 02:02 PM
Well at least I didn't miss any new Oldsmobiles at Al's :goof

Page 8 yet? :D

Burgandy85SS
02-03-2005, 09:45 PM
The Iroc was a carbed 5.0

Crawlin
02-04-2005, 01:27 PM
you guys are making me want to get treasure hunting out there :) i know they don't have ANYTHING for my car, but damn it'd be cool to just scrounge around

PB86MCSS
02-04-2005, 01:50 PM
Thats what most of the fun is, finding what they do have and maybe finding some good parts to keep for spares or sell :). Their prices are generally low, depends on what you are getting I guess. I've found interior peices are cheap or trim. Some things like an intake manifold or a coil pack were a bit pricey :rolleyes: . Found some harder to find optioned or model cars at Al's and in other yards too. 87' GN, 86' 442, black with sandstone gray bucket interior 84' Cutlass(V-6 and A/C delete too), black/black bucket t-top 78-80 Cutlass....one other yard that was larger near Appleton had a 85' 442 and a 76' Buick Regal with t-tops, some Pace Car that I remember seeing pictures of online...Spirit of 76' car or something, lots of decals.

SloFarmTruck
02-04-2005, 05:53 PM
Got a new line on a different motor for my 87 SS project :) The price and the parts are just what I need :headbang Hello front end off the ground. :D

You junk yard rats are nuts. It is a good time searching for parts though. I am sure in spring I will be there looking for misc. pieces. Good luck finding what you need, or don't need.

Rocket Power
02-04-2005, 07:48 PM
Good junkyards are like year-round swapmeets :thumbsup

Rocket Power
02-05-2005, 07:38 PM
......ordered the exhaust last night :headbang

PB86MCSS
02-05-2005, 10:18 PM
Making good progress :)....more than I can say.

WindsorCapri, what is your new motor plan? And why the change?

This weather is helping me get a little excited about spring again. Hey we are about 1/5 through February. :rolleyes: :shades

Rocket Power
02-05-2005, 11:11 PM
Yeah WindsorCapri, I didn't get to find out what the first motor was and now you're changing it up. :goof :rolf

SloFarmTruck
02-06-2005, 01:49 AM
Making good progress :)....more than I can say.

WindsorCapri, what is your new motor plan? And why the change?

This weather is helping me get a little excited about spring again. Hey we are about 1/5 through February. :rolleyes: :shades

The new motor is the same block as my original plan. Only it already has the higher comp. pistons, head studs, and a lumpy a$$ cam. :headbang So therefore not much has changed, just a little easier on my pocket. All will be revealed soon enough.

Rocket Power
02-06-2005, 09:50 AM
Sounds sweet , I can't wait. :headbang

SloFarmTruck
02-06-2005, 01:29 PM
You can't wait....I keep staring at all these parts...I am starting to hear voices from them.."If you build it you will win." gotta stop staying up so late. Might need to get a 3rd job to finish the carlo sooner. :rock:

If anybody knows of a 3 or 4 inch cowl hood for sale prefferably a bolt on please let me know. I am going to need one as the new motor will not fit otherwise. thanks.

I forgot to mention its an 87 SS.

scottie K
02-06-2005, 07:44 PM
gassteck 400.00

or post on chitown

Rocket Power
02-06-2005, 08:25 PM
gassteck 400.00

or post on chitown
http://www.glasstek.com/
They're right down in Naperville, IL

I have one of their hoods on my car. I have seen their stuff for the 64 Cutlass too. Very nice. :headbang

SloFarmTruck
02-07-2005, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the advice everybody. I will post on chitown and keep checking wonderful Ebay. It's still gonna be a while until I will need it but I like to know where and when I can get parts. I need to buy heads first. Looks like the caddy truck is staying around for another summer after all. Let the fun begin again..

PB86MCSS
02-07-2005, 10:55 PM
Harwood makes good cowl hoods and Goodmark supposedly makes the best ones, steel. Still not sure if I'm going ram-air or cowl....I'm leaning towards ram-air :). The Goodmark is *only* 2.5", which would be about right for my tastes but if you need larger...

Just keep the stock hood and cut a hole in the middle :goof .

I contacted the person who I'll be buying my cam/springs from today....going to send the money out in a day or so. Here are the cam specs: http://www.iskycams.com/iskypartnumber_search.php?partnumber=211257%2F265&compid=69&dealer=no&x=9&y=1

:banana

Rocket Power
02-07-2005, 11:26 PM
Holy Crap page 9 :goof

Ahh aren't you Mr. Fancy Pants with a roller cam ;) :D

Hmmmm, If I am gonna hang with you guys I may need to up my game :goof

PB86MCSS
02-08-2005, 02:44 PM
Hah....go roller if you can, no reason not to with the blocks I have :D.

Your 442 should be able to beat the LS handily, I think I'll only have about 300hp or so, but lots of torque :). Plus you got 3.73's to my 3.42's...when the motor is done, I'd say a low 14 second car it should be, if I can hook up with the peg leg. Not bad for a granny car :D.

SloFarmTruck
02-08-2005, 05:29 PM
If I don't go faster than 11.99. I will be selling the car. :fire

Rocket Power
02-08-2005, 06:37 PM
Torque is king ! :headbang
You've seen how long it's taken me to get exhaust and it was cheaper than getting a roller for an Olds, by a LOT :goof
I would love to get one but it isn't in the cards for a while :(

If my car ran 11's I'd sell it because the smell left in it, from me crapping my pants would be overpowering :rolf

I will be happy with low 13's or dipping in the 12's..... at least for a little while :goof

GRNDNL
02-08-2005, 10:27 PM
If I don't go faster than 11.99. I will be selling the car. :fire

How Much?........... :D

SloFarmTruck
02-08-2005, 11:26 PM
How Much?........... :D

Price of My car after completion.....$8500.00

Price of admission to the drag strip....$40.00

Price of race gas and nitrous......$100.00

The look on your face when the car actually goes 10.99.....Priceless :headbang

Thanks for the confidence Keith

GRNDNL
02-09-2005, 08:44 AM
The look on your face when the car actually goes 10.99.....Priceless :headbang

Thanks for the confidence Keith

I'm anxious to see it....Its about time someone steps up..... :thumbsup

SloFarmTruck
02-09-2005, 04:49 PM
Batter-up....... :thumbsup

RedGSX
02-10-2005, 05:21 PM
How does that story go?
"and mighty casey has struck out..."

good luck chris, you have to get the motor in it first...

SloFarmTruck
02-10-2005, 05:24 PM
Don't you worry mike all will be taken care of. :D

Crawlin
02-10-2005, 05:24 PM
How does that story go?
"and mighty casey has struck out..."

good luck chris, you have to get the motor in it first...

BWAHAHAHA, ahhhh **** :( i'm in no better position

RedGSX
02-10-2005, 05:28 PM
BTW Chicago show on Sunday...and when are we going to work on that thing?

-also bike show saturday morn.? going?

SloFarmTruck
02-12-2005, 11:00 AM
looks like our thread go hi-jacked by non G-body fools. Hey redGSX when you gonna build a fast car? :) I have summer fever!!!! I got so dillusional the other day that I just sat in my SS on the bare floor panels and dreamed of summer cruisin with the T-Tops off, the sound of a high comp. monster motor breathing through dual 3" exhaust....damn I need to finish this car and get a life. :thumbsup

Crawlin
02-12-2005, 11:02 AM
Who's car were you dreaming of then? HAHAHA :)

GRNDNL
02-12-2005, 12:37 PM
looks like our thread go hi-jacked by non G-body fools. Hey redGSX when you gonna build a fast car? :) I have summer fever!!!! I got so dillusional the other day that I just sat in my SS on the bare floor panels and dreamed of summer cruisin with the T-Tops off, the sound of a high comp. monster motor breathing through dual 3" exhaust....damn I need to finish this car and get a life. :thumbsup

You forgot crankin' Guns and Roses on the cassette player and the wind in your mullet....... :headbang

Me, I just sit under the hood making whistling noises...... :alcoholic

SloFarmTruck
02-12-2005, 12:47 PM
You forgot crankin' Guns and Roses on the cassette player and the wind in your mullet....... :headbang

Me, I just sit under the hood making whistling noises...... :alcoholic

LOL

GNR is in the back seat. replaced by some whitesnake!!!! :headbang
I didn't know you had a whistle on your car...all I remember seeing is a fart cannon. :D

Rocket Power
02-12-2005, 06:03 PM
GNR ??? Whitesnake???

I am Rokken with Dokken !! :headbang :rolf

GRNDNL
02-12-2005, 08:16 PM
GNR ??? Whitesnake???

I am Rokken with Dokken !! :headbang :rolf

Your forgettin' Vixen, White Lion, Poison, Winger and Firehouse....... :rock:

You Olds guys were always listening to Tiffany and Debbie Gibson.... :stare

Rocket Power
02-12-2005, 08:22 PM
And New Kids on the Block :goof

PB86MCSS
02-13-2005, 04:00 PM
Slaughter, Ratt! :headbang

Rocket Power
02-13-2005, 10:45 PM
Got a new plan for '05.
Put a crank in the Achieva :mad:
Started a knockin last night. Sounds like a rod. My second opinion comes over tomorrow after work. Cut the filter open didn't see much of anything in there. But she's a bangin over 1500rpm.

At least a crank kit with bearings is only like $200. It's the whole pulling the motor out thing that is going to F-ing suck a$$. My old Quad 4 Calais had to come out the bottom, I imagine this is the same :fire

Luckily we didn't pull the motor out of Angie's 442 yet......

SloFarmTruck
02-16-2005, 12:12 AM
Doesn't it always seem that when you think things are going ok something has to go wrong. Sorry to hear about the knockin prob. just turn the radio up a little louder :headbang.

UnderPSI
02-16-2005, 09:56 AM
Don't worry bout the noise, I get all kinds of noise every time I start the truck, and i can see the ground while I am driving. Doesn't bother me at all... Wait, It isn't mine. :rolf

PB86MCSS
02-16-2005, 11:50 AM
Sorry to hear it Jamie. Sounds like a major PITA, at least the price itself to fix it isn't terrible. Just the work :(.

Its just practice of removing an engine before you work on the 442 in case you got rusty at it ;). What did the second opinion say?

Rocket Power
02-16-2005, 12:54 PM
2nd opinion = it's a rod :fire
Oh well , guess that's what I get for getting a FWD car instead of another G-body :goof

SloFarmTruck
02-16-2005, 05:16 PM
Don't worry bout the noise, I get all kinds of noise every time I start the truck, and i can see the ground while I am driving. Doesn't bother me at all... Wait, It isn't mine. :rolf

The whole in the floor is for your feet to go through!! Pedal power. I will race my summer truck against your winter truck for that $100. Only problem will be who does the driving! :goof

UnderPSI
02-17-2005, 02:32 PM
I'll win if I slide my seat forward

SloFarmTruck
02-17-2005, 05:42 PM
I'll win if I slide my seat forward
:rolf

BadAzzGTA89
02-19-2005, 12:01 AM
By this july this car will be out and about i will only show this!!

Rocket Power
02-19-2005, 01:45 AM
By this july this car will be out and about i will only show this!!
Where did you find berber carpet for a car? :goof :rolf

SloFarmTruck
02-21-2005, 05:58 PM

I would have gone with shag myself. Easier on the feet.

I think I will post a picture of my left front wheel bearing and warn everybody to look out for my car this summer. :D

GRNDNL
02-21-2005, 06:21 PM

Only in a Olds....... :shades

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/carcraft53029/BLINGINT.jpg

BadAzzGTA89
02-21-2005, 07:37 PM
You guys are too funny :loser
I was just showing a part of the car that makes it rare :thumbsup

SloFarmTruck
02-21-2005, 10:10 PM

Darn I was going to go with that theme for my car. Looks like its back to the drawing boards. Think I could get my corbeau racing seats covered in crushed velvet? :D

Hey badazzgta don't take us too seriously we get kinda antsy in winter months. Now where did that scorpions cassette go?

Rocket Power
02-21-2005, 10:12 PM

Who is peeking in the windows of my garage? :goof

PB86MCSS
02-22-2005, 05:50 PM
Got my new cam and springs/retainers. Had to take a picture since I am bored and still waiting for spring ;).

http://members.aol.com/tadowpaul/Iskyparts

MY FYN 79
02-22-2005, 06:02 PM
Say something.

Something.

:D

Got my new forged roller cam 383's bottom end all together, just waiting (and waiting and waiting and waiting) on AFR for the heads. 10 weeks tomorrow it'll be.

Nice valvetrain there PB, where did that come from? :thumbsup

SloFarmTruck
02-22-2005, 06:10 PM
Waiting for spring!!!!! Put that thing in man cmon the car is practically begging for it. "cmon I want to run 15.2 this year" j/k
I get to pick up my short block this week :) Time to make some custom motor mounts. :headbang

Rocket Power
02-22-2005, 08:12 PM
Got my headers painted yesterday, may put on another coat. I should have the exhaust tommorow night (crosses fingers :goof )
But I have to works Sat and have a busy Sunday, so we'll see when it gets on. Ona better note I put up some more lights in my garage. I had some 8 ft flouresents and the ballasts took a dump in 2 of them. So off to home depot and bought 5 - 4 footers, they are brighter than the 8ft'ers ever were and that's just the 2 that took the place of one 8ft unit. :headbang May have to pick up another few after I put up the 3 remaining. :banana

PB86MCSS
02-23-2005, 12:40 AM
"cmon I want to run 15.2 this year" j/k

:goof :chair:

Yea, the way the 305 ran in the car I would of been suprised if it broke the 15's at all....with 3.42's and a nice cat-back system/headers and TPI/roller cam. Oh well....no more 305 for me. :mad:

I hear MYFYN79 is hiding a nice 87' 350 4 bolt roller ready motor at his place. Going to sneak in and slip the cam in this weekend ;).

Rocket Power
02-23-2005, 06:55 PM
Woohoo ! The exhaust has arrived. I am leaving now to pick it up :banana :banana

Rocket Power
02-24-2005, 08:57 PM
Page 12 yet? :goof

BadAzzGTA89
02-24-2005, 09:42 PM
Not yet

PB86MCSS
02-24-2005, 10:20 PM
Is

It

Page

Now?

I

Will

Try

Again

Now?

Hey

March

Is

Just

About

Here

Yay

Rocket Power
02-24-2005, 10:29 PM
Hey Paul, you wouldn't happen to have an extra 3 speed G-body trans crossmember laying around would ya?

*Edit*
Woo hoo page 12 :rolf

PB86MCSS
02-24-2005, 10:40 PM
Nope, sorry...the only ones I ever owned were in the 86' Cutlass with the 200-C and that 86' Monte you spotted I parted out last winter, but didn't keep it off that car.

C'mon spring...maybe if we have nice enough weather I can pull one of the cars out in the end of March even....nah, prolly not :crying .

SloFarmTruck
02-24-2005, 10:41 PM
More good news.. I just found out that the engine swap headers are available for purchase for my project as well as a billet motor mount kit. Operation ********** is back underway. :headbang

btw page 12 kicks a$$

MY FYN 79
02-25-2005, 04:56 AM
Hey Paul, you wouldn't happen to have an extra 3 speed G-body trans crossmember laying around would ya?

I do, and its notched for duals. Its free to a good home. The only problem was that the pad for the mount was at a funny angle sitting in my car, so I moved it down a little. Lemme know.

Page 12 owns too ;)

Rocket Power
02-25-2005, 06:43 PM
I'll take it ! :thumbsup
Thanks man, now we just have to find a way to meet up. :)

MY FYN 79
02-26-2005, 09:31 AM
PB is coming down here today... I'll make him take it back to M-town with him! :thumbsup

Rocket Power
02-26-2005, 12:00 PM
Sounds good to me, I just hope it sounds good to PB too. :goof

MY FYN 79
02-26-2005, 06:26 PM
He took it home with him. I offered no choice in the matter. :)

Rocket Power
02-26-2005, 07:04 PM

You rock man :headbang

Rocket Power
02-26-2005, 10:00 PM
And thanks to you to Paul :thumbsup

PB86MCSS
02-26-2005, 10:43 PM
Its currently residing in my Cavalier ;).

Rocket Power
02-26-2005, 11:53 PM
Cool, thanks man :thumbsup

Well I started pulling the old exhaust off the 86 tonight, and I have the drivers side header 3 tube section (without the over the frame tube) on and boy you sure get what you pay for, fit's like a glove. Much nicer then the dynomax ones I used to have on my old 83 :goof And it looks like I can put the starter in with the headers on :headbang that's a first for for me with an Olds motor in a G-body.
Guess that's the difference between $500 headers and $79.95 headers :rolf

PB86MCSS
02-27-2005, 02:01 PM
Whenever you wanna pick it up let me know...Today works pretty much all day although I might be napping later this afternoon/evening. Almost any evening works out during the week too. Not rushing or anything, I will plop it in our shed in a day or so until then it lays on the back floor of the Cav :D.

Rocket Power
02-27-2005, 02:19 PM
During the week would probably work best for me, let me know what day is best for you, I am usually in Muskego picking up my daughter around 6pm-ish if that time works out for you.

PB86MCSS
02-27-2005, 02:49 PM
That would work out fine for me, pretty much any day during the week works at that time, usually am home around then if I'm gone its during the day or maybe sometimes at night.

Here is a picture of my 350 block from yesterday, me and Jeremy ripped the lovely high-swirl heads off and the lame cam and I cleaned the block up a little bit. Alot more cleaning to do on it then paint, of course adding the good parts too :D.

http://members.aol.com/tadowpaul/BusMotorGutted

GRNDNL
02-27-2005, 05:56 PM
Yours looks so big compared to mine....... :( :durr

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/carcraft53029/GN/MVC-004S.jpg

Rocket Power
02-27-2005, 06:49 PM
Yours looks so big compared to mine....... :( :durr

Luckily you included an engine pic :goof :rolf

Syclone0044
03-01-2005, 12:18 AM
Shaft mount rockers? :confused How high you planning on spinning it, Keith!??? http://www.t6p.com/forums/images/smilies/joint.gif http://www.greatlakesdragaway.com/gldforums/images/smilies/dunno.gif

GRNDNL
03-01-2005, 08:38 AM
Shaft mount rockers? :confused How high you planning on spinning it, Keith!??? http://www.t6p.com/forums/images/smilies/joint.gif http://www.greatlakesdragaway.com/gldforums/images/smilies/dunno.gif

Yup, nothing but the best, with .500 lift and 6000RPM you need all that high tech stuff..... :bling

Oh Ya.....All buick motors have shaft mount rockers.... ;)

UnderPSI
03-01-2005, 05:01 PM
:rolf :rolf :rolf

Rocket Power
03-01-2005, 09:47 PM
Well after trying to fit the passenger side header on I see there is one problem, apparently the bellhousing on the 2004r (dual pattern) is a bit wider than a BOP only housing, so I'll need to sawzall a bit off the side to make it fit, however since I am picking up a new crossmember tomorrow from MY FYN 79 by way of PB86MCSS delivery service :goof , I think I'll just throw in the fresh TH350 I have . I am just worried about the 3.73's without overdrive. Anybody running 3.73's w/o O.D.? Is it pretty annoying at highway speeds?
I don't think the stock 2004r would last long behind the 455 and figure the th350 will last longer. But who knows :goof

Rocket Power
03-01-2005, 09:49 PM
Oh Ya.....All buick motors have shaft mount rockers.... ;)
As do 1964 Olds 330's :D but somehow don't looks quite as nice as your's :goof :rolf

GRNDNL
03-06-2005, 10:10 PM
Getting there sloooooowly......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/carcraft53029/GN/MVC-005S.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/carcraft53029/GN/MVC-006S.jpg

SloFarmTruck
03-07-2005, 05:17 PM
Getting there sloooooowly......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/carcraft53029/GN/MVC-005S.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/carcraft53029/GN/MVC-006S.jpg

I see instead of purhcasing the GN t-shirt barbie you bought the lifesize "Lego" set and built yourself a little toy to play with.

But seriously, that thing is looking good :cool:

GRNDNL
03-07-2005, 06:24 PM
I see instead of purhcasing the GN t-shirt barbie you bought the lifesize "Lego" set and built yourself a little toy to play with.

But seriously, that thing is looking good :cool:

Thanks.......

We didn't tell you that the GN T-shirt barbies are life sized did we?.....You can go play with your leggos....... ;)

Rocket Power
03-21-2005, 06:29 PM
Well got most of the exhaust on, still need to weld the collector reducers to the pipe and put on the driver side "over the frame" pipe :headbang

Not much progress, but hey I want to see 14 pages on this thread :goof :rolf

PB86MCSS
03-21-2005, 09:58 PM
I'm still collecting parts. I got some stock roller retainers/etc. from a board member(UnderPSI) on here for a song :D so I can put my motor together before swap time. I got my coolant(free Benz stuff from a buddy mechanic of mine at a MB dealership) and new ESC module for the 350. Also purchased some PROM's to get burned on e-bay, will have those sent to a buddy in Texas who is also doing that for a song :thumbsup .

The theme of this post is free stuff, always good! My buddy from Minnesota, the Benz mechanic, gave me 6 gallons of the coolant but forgot to give me a couple gallons of Mobil 1 synthetic that they use. Yea, I can get that free too :headbang .

All that I need are the intake, heads to be finished(soon) and the gaskets/oil. Maybe in a couple weeks I can put it all together.

Rocket Power
03-21-2005, 10:52 PM
Free parts and free beer , my two favorite things :thumbsup

PB86MCSS
03-27-2005, 12:51 PM
Good thing I got some free stuff because Friday I ordered the TPI/Vortec intake manifold from Scoggin Dickey, the only place that sells it. $400 plus shipping, couldn't find a used one recently :(.

Now I just await the intake, heads to be finished and the gaskets...maybe put it together in a week or two :).

I also plan to pull the SS out by the end of this week if the weather looks good yet.

Rocket Power
03-27-2005, 09:17 PM
Is that $400 for the whole thing or just the lower part?

I haven't gotten anything more done on mine yet, but I did throw some front shocks on Angie's 442 after I got home from paintball Saturday. Her old ones were COMPLETELY worn out :eek:

PB86MCSS
03-27-2005, 09:48 PM
Thats $400 for just the intake manifold base, yep :(. Offsets the cheapness of Vortecs almost...

Supposed to start warming up pretty good in the next few days and its almost April....finally. :banana

Rocket Power
03-27-2005, 10:49 PM
Yikes.
But at least you get EFI :thumbsup
If I want it I need to use a mill and make my own stuff :goof
Should get the exhaust finished up in the next few days.

I also need to re-route a brake line and possibly replace a brake hose :(

The car needs to be done before the June B.O.P. race at the Grove, so I can bust out some low 16's :goof

Syclone0044
03-28-2005, 12:46 AM
Thats $400 for just the intake manifold base, yep :(. Offsets the cheapness of Vortecs almost... Hey don't feel too bad it's just as bad for us 4.3L guys to run the Vortecs.. they don't make a bolt in manifold but it costs $400 to have ours modified and the core (if you dont want to sacrifice your original) costs about $400 itself!

BTW Do you have a website that has info on cam specs for guys running Vortecs (V8 or not)?

PB86MCSS
03-31-2005, 12:02 AM
I got my intake today, very perdy. Many pictures/stories I've seen from others TPI/Vortec intakes is of a pretty crappy matching of the runner gaskets but mine matches up perfectly. Now I need an EGR block off....

http://members.aol.com/tpi1987montels/TPIVortecintake

I don't have any information on cam specs for use with Vortec engines, I let a couple people I trust pick out my cam for me :goof :headbang .

SloFarmTruck
03-31-2005, 12:52 AM
Guess I should get back to working on my car. The frame is hanging on its side in "The Barn" with one half of the rear notched and almost boxed in. Almost time to order my eurethane body mount kit to put the two back together. :D

RedGSX
03-31-2005, 04:52 PM
Guess I should get back to working on my car. The frame is hanging on its side in "The Barn" with one half of the rear notched and almost boxed in. Almost time to order my eurethane body mount kit to put the two back together. :D

Why bother it's still going to be slow... :rolf

Might as well put NOS back on the farm truck! :thumbsup

SloFarmTruck
03-31-2005, 06:09 PM
Why bother it's still going to be slow... :rolf

Might as well put NOS back on the farm truck! :thumbsup

Maybe the Farm Truck needs to put a whoopin on that auto 4k stall gsx of yours this saturday at GLD......Man up cracka and take you loss as the woman you are. :headbang

RedGSX
03-31-2005, 06:16 PM
Indeed, If the track isn't too buisy. I was going to check for boost leaks tonight, to get ready...

Last time I checked, the only person who got a "Whoopin" was a Farm Truck. :wooo

SloFarmTruck
03-31-2005, 06:32 PM
Indeed, If the track isn't too buisy. I was going to check for boost leaks tonight, to get ready...

Last time I checked, the only person who got a "Whoopin" was a Farm Truck. :wooo

:nitrous

Rocket Power
03-31-2005, 06:38 PM
Started taking apart the 330 that's going in the wife's 442. So far everything looks good :thumbsup

Rocket Power
04-03-2005, 09:08 PM
Got the headers on. There seems to be a slight clearence issue with the oil filter :stare Have to look closer at it.

SloFarmTruck
04-03-2005, 09:41 PM
Nothing a littler sledge hammer can't fix. :thumbsup Glad to see the project is coming along nicely though.

Rocket Power
04-03-2005, 09:56 PM
Yeah may have to "clearence" a tube. :rolf
Otherwise the exhaust is all set, it better sound good after all this work . :D

Just a few little things left. I should go get my manifold this week too, had a crack in the exhaust crossover welded up. Putting on an aluminum intake in place of the iron oughta take about 200lbs off the nose :goof

Once it's running I'll have to take it to work and weigh it.
I am thinking it's a pig with having power windows,locks,seat and that heavyass 307 ;) under the hood. it'll probably be near 4000 :eek:

Rocket Power
04-10-2005, 09:18 PM
Well it's official , I am a dumbass. I wanted to fire it up to hear the new exhaust today.
I get the 307 filter housing on since I found out that's the one you need to use. The 455 one does leave enough clearence. Slap on a new Wix filter.
Bolt on the starter. Fire it up to hear the beautiful music of the X-pipe and Race -Pro mufflers. After about 10 seconds....... I run out of gas. :alcoholic :goof :rolf :durr

Only me ....... :D

SloFarmTruck
04-11-2005, 06:56 PM
Well it's official , I am a dumbass. I wanted to fire it up to hear the new exhaust today.
I get the 307 filter housing on since I found out that's the one you need to use. The 455 one does leave enough clearence. Slap on a new Wix filter.
Bolt on the starter. Fire it up to hear the beautiful music of the X-pipe and Race -Pro mufflers. After about 10 seconds....... I run out of gas. :alcoholic :goof :rolf :durr

Only me ....... :D

:rolf I have been there.. when we put the 500 caddy motor in my truck for the first time. I swear the truck just started to stall as I pulled into the gas station..no hood and all. The best part was we pulled out of the gas station behind "joe cool" in his SN95 mustang with I believe an exhaust only and a 2" cowl hood. He gave me the "dickfor" look, I pulled next to him and proceded to show him my tail lights. I was laughing so hard :D THe look on his gf's face said it all. she was like wtf. God I miss those days. maybe tonight i'll put the :nitrous back on....... :shades I hate losing.

Sounds like your project is coming along nicely though. keep us informed.

PB86MCSS
04-12-2005, 12:15 AM
At least the problem is as minor as putting gas in it, could be much worse I guess :rolf :goof .

The plan is this Sunday to finally put together my 350 for the LS....then hopefully before April is done its all swapped and running fine :D.

Got the SS out and threw on my TT2's in favor of the GTA's that were on it right away...yay.

SSScottSS
04-12-2005, 12:23 AM
So you want to run the SS at the strip this week Paul?

PB86MCSS
04-12-2005, 01:09 AM
Ooooh...what day are you going?

Thurs/Friday maybe for me....Friday is always tough though unless its earlier and Thursday I might be picking up another car goody. :D

SSScottSS
04-12-2005, 12:43 PM
If we go it'll be on Wed for the 6-10 time. Actually a few wrinkles have been tossed into my schedule and being able to go looks very unlikely.

Rocket Power
04-14-2005, 07:45 PM
Well I put some gas in the car today :goof :rolf
I really like the way the exhaust sounds. :thumbsup
On a side note, I am going to pick up an 84 Cutlass to fix up with my brother, the Grand Prix we were going to do has been sitting out at work and smells like the mice have gotten in :mad:
And since I have all kinds of G-Cutlass parts any way...... :thumbsup

Rocket88
04-22-2005, 04:10 PM
Hey guys & gals, just wanted to check in here...I'm new...here's my Cutlass

http://webpages.charter.net/bromfed1/cutlass.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/bromfed1/cutlass3.jpg

BadAzzGTA89
04-22-2005, 04:39 PM
Hey guys & gals, just wanted to check in here...I'm new...here's my Cutlass

http://webpages.charter.net/bromfed1/cutlass.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/bromfed1/cutlass3.jpg
Nice 73 :thumbsup
Nice to see another body like mine i have a 74 H/O :burnout

Rocket Power
04-22-2005, 07:26 PM
Alright, another Olds !! :thumbsup

PB86MCSS
04-25-2005, 09:40 AM
Nice Cutlass.

My plans got thrown for a major curveball. The crank bolt in the SS's 383 was busted due to some balancing issues(wrong balancer) and in trying to remove the busted bolt, the removal tool was broken off. So the motor is out where the engine builder should be able to re-tap the crank...but the SS is out of commission for at least 2-3 weeks now :(. Got the LS out and driving with the 305, the motor swap for that car is on the backburner now... :mad: . Could be worse I guess.

MY FYN 79
04-25-2005, 07:48 PM
Sucks about the motor Paul, at least the job is half done now though. :goof

My 05 plans are to drive my car soon, as the motor should be recieving the last parts it needs (pushrods) Wednesday.

Now for the shameless plugs. :headbang

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/438000-438999/438326_169_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/438000-438999/438326_170_full.jpg

Rocket Power
04-25-2005, 09:33 PM
Sorry to hear that Paul :(

Now that the exhaust is on I have a new problem. Jetting ! Apparently a Q-jet from a 350 is adequate for a single exhaust 455 but is not quite right from headers and an X-pipe. :goof
Not to worry I have one from a 70 442 ready to go on. :thumbsup and it's been all rebuilt. I also have my intake blasted and cleared so that's ready. Just have to block the exhaust crossover , unless I get to impatient and just put it on as is :rolf

Rocket Power
05-03-2005, 10:41 PM
Brought my intake home today :D
She sure is purdy
Just gotta fit the exhaust croassover plugs and slap her on :banana

PB86MCSS
05-05-2005, 10:26 AM
This year sucks so far as far as cars go for me. The LS had a fuel leak last week, fixed now, and now the alternator is about to go I think....some wiring issues with it :chair: . I am a firm believer that bad things come in 3's....hopefully this is it.

Rocket Power
05-09-2005, 11:08 PM
Finally got around to taking the stock intake off tonight. Whoever thought that a cast iron intake was a good idea for a big block Olds oughta be kicked in the nuts :goof
That damn thing must weigh 1/2ton. ;)

Looking like the crossover plugs will need a lot of grinding :fire I guess some Olds heads must have HUGE crossovers, cuz these are at least a 1/4" too wide and a bit too tall.

Oh well I am just happy to have that cast lead intake off :thumbsup

PB86MCSS
05-10-2005, 03:07 PM
Well when the fuel line broke I believe it was because the alternator was touching it, grounding it out causing it to *melt* a hole....this caused 2 of the 3 little alternator bolts(that hold the case together) to break. This caused the alternator(my fancy one) to go bad, so I think...might try to fix it myself otherwise its off to a shop. Luckilly my spare works just fine.

Then yesterday I see my passenger tailpipe on the LS hanging almost scraping the ground, apparently the bolt to the frame got loose...anything else to annoy me this year? :punch:

Rocket Power
05-10-2005, 06:31 PM
Yikes, luckily the car didn't burn up on you :wow

PB86MCSS
05-12-2005, 08:13 PM
Yea, very scary once I realized what could of happened potentially :wow :eek:

On the bright side my MB mechanic(er auto tech.) friend gave me another case of MB coolant, so thats like 12 gallons now....he was supposed to give me the oil but must of mixed them up. One of these days I'll have a motor that I can put some new coolant into :rolleyes: .

Rocket Power
05-27-2005, 06:20 PM
Well I got the intake on, which reminded me of the other problem :fire
I have a bad voltage drop on one of the starter solenoid wires, which I think think may be due to a bad ignition switch. :fire
The battery will still be at 12.5 V but the purple wire going to the solenoid only has ~8 volts :mad:
In the process of checking it out now. If I don't have it fixed I guess I won't make it to the BOP race. I ain't going down there not noing if the car will start or not :mad:

On the plus side I may have the wife talked into letting me get a G-body for a daily. As much as I like the Under-Achieva, Pulling the motor out from the bottom is a pain in the a$$. So I am going to start looking around. I am leaning towards a V6 car because I have a fairly long commute. I shoulda kept the 84 Cutlass I got for my brother :D

PB86MCSS
05-30-2005, 10:47 AM
Consider a 85+ Monte or El Camino with the 4.3 EFI motor :D. Good efficiency and decent power too, for a 80's V-6 especially. I think they are rated at like 30-40 more hp than the 3.8 2bbls'....140-150 ish with almost 200 ft lbs if memory serves(almost as much as the LG5 305). Don't think Grand Prix's got them but they might of since they got what the Chevys got motor wise...

MY FYN 79
05-31-2005, 07:35 AM
Some progress here too!

I got the motor in and running.... it sounds pretty nasty too! :devil

A little more TLC and tuning and she'll be ready for the road.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/438000-438999/438326_182_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/438000-438999/438326_181_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/438000-438999/438326_183_full.jpg

Rocket Power
05-31-2005, 09:57 PM
That's a sweet looking motor. :thumbsup

I pulled off the Q-jet last night :fire
Either the well plugs are leaking or something else is wrong, the base gasket was soaked with gas all over the center of it :fire
That explains why it was running like crap and the plugs were black. Swapped on the other Q-jet I had and it was better but that one is a smogger. I was going to use my 3310 Holley but somebody before me crossthreaded the power valve and when I tried to remove it, it also removed the threads in the metering block. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I can't win !!!!
So it looks like I will be a spectator at the BOP race this weekend because I am low on funds till friday. I wanted to put some street miles on it before I started hammering on it at the track. The motor doesn't even have one mile on it yet. :mad:

I need a beer or 12 :alcoholic :goof