PDA

View Full Version : Before for you apply to possibly have your car on Overhaulin...

Firefighter Z
12-09-2004, 12:29 PM
Read the disclamer on the bottom:
Overhaulin (http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/overhaulin/geton/geton.html)

Man I thought the stuff you would get if your car was overhauled was free, I guess not.... Nothing is free anymore...

Damn my dreams are shattered now LOL! :crying :rolf

Josh

JC70SS
12-09-2004, 12:41 PM
It would still be worth it. But, I don't like how Foose does not do "original" paint and interior schemes. I am 100% about stock appearing muscle cars i.e. no 17" wheels, 2 tone paint jobs, custom interior.

Teufelhunden
12-09-2004, 12:51 PM
It would still be worth it. But, I don't like how Foose does not do "original" paint and interior schemes. I am 100% about stock appearing muscle cars i.e. no 17" wheels, 2 tone paint jobs, custom interior.

Did you see the one with the green challenger? I was yelling at the TV...leave the stock paint bitches. I would be pissed if Foose raped my classic and then I had to pay the taxes.

BAD LS1
12-09-2004, 01:16 PM

DUDE!! you bought a new cat now!!! WTF happend the to the Rev??? eh who cares! congrats!! ive found a new toy that fits your F7 too :D

http://www.coldfusionnitrous.net/snow-wet-kit.html :wow

JC70SS
12-09-2004, 01:31 PM
Yep Tommy Creek gave me my $500 deposit back on the new Mach Z and I went to Kerry at Midcities and got the 700 Firecat. The 05's are dynoing about 150h.p. stock. If you want to come to Mequon on a Sat. or Sunday this Winter you can ride it! BTW, do you know why they don't let sleds on Big Cedar as of this year?? That was going to be our testing lake.
Not mine, but this is what it looks like. :headbang
-Joe

BAD LS1
12-09-2004, 01:44 PM
Yep Tommy Creek gave me my $500 deposit back on the new Mach Z and I went to Kerry at Midcities and got the 700 Firecat. The 05's are dynoing about 150h.p. stock. If you want to come to Mequon on a Sat. or Sunday this Winter you can ride it! BTW, do you know why they don't let sleds on Big Cedar as of this year?? That was going to be our testing lake.
Not mine, but this is what it looks like. :headbang
-Joe

Awesome! yeah ill take her for a run!! Man that sucks they arent gonna let anyone on big cedar!! Thats where i run my crappy ole 91 cougar 440 LC studded and clutched with a tiny shot :D and ice drag comparable sleds, We had 15 wide races on the east end of the lake already!! :devil

Firefighter Z
12-09-2004, 02:59 PM
Yeah I like original paint color to.. But some of Chips work is ok but when he starts add some ricer crap thats when it looks bad.

I don't wanna pay taxes for something that looks like total azz I'd tell them they car buy it from me if it does... I wounder if they reburse you for the parts and money you put into it?

I like the Rad Rides By Troy better... The AWD HOT ROD is real killer, 0-60 in 3.8 seconds I believe?!?

Josh

SmokinRAM114
12-10-2004, 10:31 AM
overhauling = rip off :fire :flipoff2:

PonyKiller87
12-10-2004, 10:54 AM
The first time I seen that show I made it very clear to all friends and family that I would be more pissed than they could imagine if they took my car on there. Im building my car the way I want it with my ideas. While Foose is talented and makes some cool stuff, its not my style and the last thing I would ever want is him to rip out my TPI, drop in some generic carbed crate motor, and paint my car with some sparkly ass pearl paint with some overated design on it. Lets just put it this way,they would be unable to air my reaction to the build on TV because I would going off. And none of that has anything to do with money, its all about it being my car, the way I want it.

If you could get passed all that, I can see why you would have to pay the taxes, Im sure it would be either that or pay a gift tax on the value of the car afterwards, either way you would have to pay a tax somewhere because good old uncle sam's always gotta get his share of something your getting. I dont think the show really has a choice, just the way the IRS gets ya.

GTSLOW
12-10-2004, 05:29 PM

Booo your velle would be AWSOME with some sparco racing seats, an 8point cage, big brakes, and 17" TT2's!

JC70SS
12-10-2004, 06:35 PM
That is a BIG NEGATIVE GHOST RIDER!!! :chair: I own a car that APPRECIATES in value, therefore it will be F.A.S.T.

Rocket Power
12-10-2004, 09:21 PM
They wrecked the motor in the 442 they did and refused to fix it

Cryptic
12-11-2004, 12:49 AM
any kinda prize you win you have to pay taxes / use tax on... thats nothing new.

Al
12-11-2004, 01:59 AM
If they yoink your car and send it to Cali, you do not have to pay state taxes; right?

Anyway, you have to pay taxes on all incoming items of value. As for the 5 to 7%, I wouldn't complain too much.

I smell a rat in the show. Who would ever fake stealing a car and then give it back? If someone pulled a prank on me like that, i'd probably use my tire iron on their knees (assuming it was still in the car because they rely on 24 hour towing...). Then I'd take them to court for pissing me off and use the settlement money to by myself an Enzo or a small island in the carribean or a baseball team.

u_say_go
12-11-2004, 10:25 PM
Yeah I like original paint color to.. But some of Chips work is ok but when he starts add some ricer crap thats when it looks bad.

some of Chip's work is ok????? Are you on drugs? Stick with the bone stock "muscle" cars, I'll take ANYTHING he does over any production hunka$h1t

Firefighter Z
12-11-2004, 11:03 PM
Ok some of his work is good, but I never said anything about sticking with a bone stock muscle car... I said paint color.

I think Rad Rides By Troy is better.

And no I am not on drugs, I don't need drugs, the only drug I need is horsepower and speed :headbang

SmokinRAM114
12-12-2004, 08:45 PM
ill take any of his work to over a generic car u can buy but i would sell the **** foose one that is a 69 camaro that he hacked up. put it on ebay cuz it was shown on the show and go build a car the way i want it making up for the sales tax that i just had to pay for cuz it would prolly go for a $100,000.

this is foose's paint schemes >> :sgay

u_say_go
12-12-2004, 10:21 PM
"overrated graphics", "sparkly pearl paint", "he adds ricer crap"....You all know d@mn well if he took your car and worked his magic there is NO WAY any of you would be p1$$ed off! The only car on that show that turned out like crap was the Ford Explorer.
Troy Trepainer builds some realllllly nice cars, I've seen his work. BUT, Chip Foose is THE man, hands down. Instead of just watching that lame show, go out and see his work up close.

Al
12-12-2004, 11:38 PM
Who was the guy who built the aluminum car from scratch with the etched flames on it? I think it was troy or boyd

As for Boyd, what do you think about his stuff. I think he is pretty good.

PonyKiller87
12-13-2004, 08:04 AM
"overrated graphics", "sparkly pearl paint", "he adds ricer crap"....You all know d@mn well if he took your car and worked his magic there is NO WAY any of you would be p1$$ed off! The only car on that show that turned out like crap was the Ford Explorer.
Troy Trepainer builds some realllllly nice cars, I've seen his work. BUT, Chip Foose is THE man, hands down. Instead of just watching that lame show, go out and see his work up close.

Im Dead serious, if anyone took my car and started working on it, changing things with out my aproval and with out me telling him what I wanted, heads would roll, anyone involved would be getting bitched out and or beaten. :chair:

Bottom line is yes Foose, Troy, Boyd and some of the other big names are very talented, but in the end its still my car and I want it done my why not someone elses. If I got to sit down and tell them what I want so they could use that talent to make it happen, that would be cool.

If you dont understand that, then I guess you just dont know what its like to know what you want and settle for nothing less or different.

Ricky Bobby
12-13-2004, 08:55 AM
Who was the guy who built the aluminum car from scratch with the etched flames on it? I think it was troy or boyd

As for Boyd, what do you think about his stuff. I think he is pretty good.
if ur thinkin it was boyd he called it the alumatub i think

DirtyMax
12-13-2004, 01:25 PM
if ur thinkin it was boyd he called it the alumatub i think

Yes, Boyd did the Alumatub. Just saw the show. I like some of the stuff he puts out but some of it.. :puke But different people like different things.

The Model A pickup the younger guys built and the yellow old Mustang were both really nice.

Al
12-13-2004, 11:07 PM
That alumatub car was built from scratch! I never thought a small group of people could do something like that so fast.

I'm still thinking about making a mold for a louver hood for a 5.0 (once the van is out, the hood project begins along with a repainted 5.0). The molding techniques they use are some that I have known since I was in the eigth grade. The only difference is that they have lots of money to spend.

u_say_go
12-14-2004, 09:05 PM
NOWWWWW youre making sense! I got ya!

Poncho
12-18-2004, 11:14 AM
Overhaulin' can take my '66 Impala any day...