PDA

View Full Version : WI is stupid!!!!

Cryptic
12-05-2004, 07:29 PM
I'm reading in the Metro section of the MILW Journal. The State paid $685,000 for a website of the Marquette Interchange.

www.mchange.org <-- there isnt a god damn thing there that is worth that kind of money.

No other consultant was considered for the job. Thats just ridiculous. Someone has to be held accountable for this. The site could of been done by someone out of MATC. Its nothing special at all.

edit-
found the article link http://www.jsonline.com/news/state/nov04/278412.asp

Rocket Power
12-05-2004, 08:04 PM
It's no wonder they can never find any fat to trim in the budget, if they think paying that is a good idea. A-holes.

Lash
12-05-2004, 08:25 PM
:fire

*can't type anything....too mad*

Prince Valiant
12-05-2004, 08:26 PM
well, when the firm won the bid with out the state seeking any other bids from competitors, AND while noting that the firm that won was a large donor to Jim Doyle, what do you expect?

GTSLOW
12-05-2004, 09:45 PM
Here's the guys that made the site:

http://www.hntb.com/

Hell their link for "what we do" doesnt even work.

:fire :flipoff2: :wtf :onfire

Korndogg
12-05-2004, 09:49 PM
my buddy said he would have done it for 50k. lol

Cryptic
12-06-2004, 12:01 AM
my buddy said he would have done it for 50k. lol

my point exactly, lots of designers would of done it for a fraction... hell just to have it in their portfolio.

theavenger333
12-06-2004, 01:04 AM
glad to know my tax dollars are being spent well.... :chair: in that whole site i learned ONE new thing about the interchange project. tools

Al
12-06-2004, 01:22 AM
They could have given some nerd $200 to assemble a the website and then the required money for a host.

A Louisville Slugger would make quick work out of the knees of the asshole who wasted the taxpayers money.

SSmike1
12-06-2004, 08:03 AM
Here's the guys that made the site:

http://www.hntb.com/

Hell their link for "what we do" doesnt even work.

:fire :flipoff2: :wtf :onfire

do you know what HNTB stands for?...

HNTB = how not to build!
:rolf

SMS 1
12-06-2004, 11:59 AM
Heh my current pricing structure would have done that entire site and hosted for a year for under 5K$ no problem. What a bunch of fawking crap. I need to raise my prices and go after state contracts. :fire

wikked
12-06-2004, 12:36 PM
They could have given some nerd $200 to assemble a the website and then the required money for a host.

If they would've emailed me and said "hey we'll pay you $200 to make a site that probably took no longer than 1hr"....I'd be all "hellll yea!"
I'd code all that shìt in -notepad- and be done in a hour easy.
Ay yi yi...

Teufelhunden
12-06-2004, 02:20 PM
So what about the "real time" traffic condintions feature. I'm assuming that was something they had to create/write for this website and it gets its data from the WiDOT site/system. There has to be more to it then an afternoon of coding.

I just saw that CH2M Hill had their hand in it as well. I know for at fact Hill employees bill out like laywers...

BLOWN GP
12-08-2004, 01:21 PM
That's why the rest of us in the Milwaukee consulting engineering community refer to them as "CHarge 'em 2 Much Hill" :goof

Their engineers are pretty decent though, it's their company managment taking a huge profit cut right off the top of project budgets that is responsible for their rates.

Teufelhunden
12-08-2004, 03:38 PM
That's why the rest of us in the Milwaukee consulting engineering community refer to them as "CHarge 'em 2 Much Hill" :goof

Their engineers are pretty decent though, it's their company managment taking a huge profit cut right off the top of project budgets that is responsible for their rates.

Yep, I've worked for an environmental engineering consulting firm called RMT. We had many ex-hill employees working for us...

97PontiacW68
12-08-2004, 08:42 PM
Thank God im moving far far far away from here :)

jon_we4
12-12-2004, 05:43 PM
The site isnt that bad....but it is not worth that much. I could see maybe 500k ;)

I just keep raising my rates based on how much I really feel like doing it, surprisingly people keep paying me the more I ask for.

Nothing like IL Corruption tho. WI is just catching on.