PDA

View Full Version : BIG problem!! WTF am i gonna do?

SlowStee
11-20-2004, 02:53 AM
Heres the situation i drove up to Oshkosh an hour an a half away, and one of my calipers broke or came lose, and THEN the tire popped, and the rim is ****ED!!(cracked/broken) The car cant be parked here past sunday, so i need a solution quick!! WTF can i do?? i need a new rim,tire, and i need the brake/caliper fixed! at least to get me home sunday night...anyone have any solutions to what i can do?? ...Someone give me some ideas :(
Anyone in oshkosh or close-by? :)

PARALYZER
11-20-2004, 04:52 AM
After you get home, if you need a rim, I have a swirly rim sitting in my parents garage you can have. I am never going to need it.

Yooformula
11-20-2004, 07:31 AM
Go to autozone, get a caliper bolt, replace caliper bolt, either borrow a spare tire or find a local salvage yard and get a spare tire to mount to get you home. Make sure you mount the spare up front and relocate a front tire to the back. Drive the speed limit home and periodically make sure you brakes are still hanging on.

SMS 1
11-20-2004, 09:06 AM
Vice grip to clamp the brake hose and a super heavy duty caster wheel under the flat tire:goof

or what Yoosef said.

GRNDNL
11-20-2004, 09:32 AM
I've got a couple of wheels and tires here at the shop, I'll be here till 1:00pm or so...262-367-8000

SlowStee
11-20-2004, 11:39 AM
After you get home, if you need a rim, I have a swirly rim sitting in my parents garage you can have. I am never going to need it.
Ill take you up on that offer for sure!! ill get in contact with you when i get home, and hey yoo thanks for the advice last night, im gonna be changing all the tires and stuff in a parking spot here :punch:
thanks for the assistance evryone :D

Yooformula
11-20-2004, 12:07 PM
yeah no problem. thanks for the call at 3am :fire :flipoff2: :goof

SMS 1
11-20-2004, 01:06 PM
call at 3am
Dude now thats pretty ****ed up right there :stare

I'm sure the kids and wife loved it :thumbsup

SlowStee
11-23-2004, 04:44 PM
im finally home with the car in one piece! - eh sorta...Yoo's a life saver :thumbsup