PDA

View Full Version : my first motorbike

cheap80Z28
11-19-2004, 02:13 AM
just bought my first bike. :banana :banana 1992 yamaha virago 750, for 3000. gave him 1000 and then the other 2000 march or april.
I have wanted one forever it seems. :banana :banana the wife was against it at first, but we got the guy give her a ride around the neighborhood. now she love the idea.
now just to get my licence so I'll be leagal.
steve

Rocket Power
11-19-2004, 09:35 PM
Take the MSF class. You learn stuff,don't have to take the driving test at the DMV and get an insurance discount. Best $50 I ever spent on Motorcyle stuuf and I have been riding since I was 15 :)

cheap80Z28
11-20-2004, 12:20 AM
where and when did u take the class?.....I was thinking about it myself, since its been almost 20 years since I even been on one.
steve

Rocket Power
11-20-2004, 11:36 AM
I took it at WCTC. The classes fill up super fast. We (wife and I) got our apps in a while before the due date and still didn't get our first choice of dates.
My wife's aunt took the Harley version but it was like $300

fireguyrick
11-23-2004, 01:33 AM
I took mine at MATC, my mother teaches both the begginer MSF course, experienced rider MSF course, and she also teaches for Harley's Riders Edge program. She does the non HD stuff up at LTC in Cleveland, and she should be doing the HD stuff over at House of Harley I believe (whatever one it is on Layton ave around 60th).

DEFFINATLY better than doing the road test from the DMV.

Rick

Korndogg
11-23-2004, 01:43 AM
i was going to take the test there but its like $350 (at the house of harley). Im just going to take the MATC class sometime since i got to school there anyway.

fireguyrick
11-23-2004, 09:41 AM
The ONLY benefit in taking the Rider's Edge class IMHO is that they give a discount on a new HD bike if you take it from them, or at least they use to....I would have to check to be 100% if they still do.

Rick

Silver350
11-23-2004, 12:03 PM
Congradulations on getting a bike. Just make sure you take the MSF class. The classes teach you a lot. As well as gives you a test at the end were if you pass they give you a waiver to get your M with out taking the road test. I took mine at MATC in oak creek. The class was held at the airport. Just make sure you have the gear. Required at MATC you must have a helmet, Gloves, and boots that cover your ankle. You need to wear a long sleeve shirt, or jacket. I recomend getting a Jacket that way you have one that will protect you form stones as well as prevent some road rash if you fall. Remember Cow Hide is better then your hide.

Carefull with insurance not all company's offer a discount if you taken your class. American Family is one that doesnt offer this discount.

Next summer we might have to try and have a small group ride. A lot of people on this site are getting their own bikes. :banana

Flight_740
11-23-2004, 12:30 PM
I'll ride with everybody next year. It would be a good time. I have barely ridden this year.

Silver350
11-24-2004, 09:14 AM
I'll ride with everybody next year. It would be a good time. I have barely ridden this year.

We will definatly have to set something up. I didnt think I did that much riding this year. I put on over 1900 miles so far. But from what people been telling me that its a lot for a newbie.