PDA

View Full Version : Car insurance

Pantera99GS
11-09-2004, 06:23 PM
I've got Mutual right now and my rates just went up. I'm trying to shop around and see what else is out there because I think I'm paying too much for a 4 door grandpa car- $160/month. My name could also be under a Pontiac Aztek, but my agent seems to think its higher under that for some reason. Any advice or recommendations?

Monstr913
11-09-2004, 06:42 PM
state farm is a good company i have very low rates....then kev switched he saved 100 bux a month on his insurance.....

Anakonda69
11-09-2004, 06:43 PM
mark bojarski on forest home is my agent for state farm very good guy...

Rocket Power
11-09-2004, 09:29 PM
I use AAA insurance. Cheapest I've had

Prince Valiant
11-09-2004, 09:40 PM
Contact Joe Cekosh (JC00SS) on this board...he's an agent and can get you plenty of quotes for a great price....

Scales
11-09-2004, 09:55 PM
I have American Family and they are cheaper then any quote I've got!. Might help that my Dad is friends with my agent, but whatever. Still saves me money! I pay about $76/month for 2 cars and renters insurance. :thumbsup

GRNDNL
11-09-2004, 10:01 PM
Never ever buy from a 800 number company, always buy through a local agent, they'll be on your side if you have a loss.......There's a company that does alot of advertising, starts with a "P", don't even think about it, don't care how cheap the quote is......

Scales
11-09-2004, 10:04 PM
I have a friend that has that "P" company, and they took pretty good care of him when he had his "accident"...

theavenger333
11-09-2004, 10:28 PM
160 isn't too bad, i pay 159 a month in my low 20s, the GP and the Regal qualify the same in American Family's book. depends on where you live too. my old house in shorewood was 30 dollars a month higher than the one in glendale.

Al
11-09-2004, 10:41 PM
Progressive will screw you over in an accident. They compensate for low0costs with cheap replacement parts. Progressive also doen't have a very good multi-car deal. I should probably get something better than progressive.

Your insurance will be pretty high till you hit 25. Before that, aspects such as your 3 or 5 year record will cause price differences. Anything with "felony" attached to it will screw you for life.

Right now, my insurance is 75$ a month. It just dropped down 30$/ month because a ticket I had just passed 3 years in age. My mustang was 100$/month back when I was still driving it.

If you want cheap insurance, get a cheap car.

fireguyrick
11-10-2004, 09:13 AM
I went from $282 a month for my STi through a Insurance Broker in Grafton, whom said she could get it lower....but never seemed to have any luck....TO $129 a month through State Farm. My wife pays....get this....$300 EVERY SIX months on her Forester XT with Full coverage through State Farm, must be nice to be a woman.

Rick

JC70SS
11-10-2004, 09:16 AM
Progressive is high risk auto and does a ton of cycles/boats.

Al
11-10-2004, 01:50 PM
I was high risk till I got a ticket lowered, then I was maderate (still cheaper than the main companies). Currently, I am low risk.

I'll adjust my insurance tomarrow. I really want the towing insurance and mabey rental.

Yamahachick02
11-15-2004, 12:02 PM
I have American Family I pay $143 a month and I totaled out my sunfire GT and a 40th edition Grand Prix last year. That is still cheap for being 20 and a high risk driver.

PB86MCSS
11-15-2004, 01:51 PM
I'm 24 and with 2 cars under full coverage was paying about $100 a month for both :). Not too bad...we'll see what happens now they have the information for my speeding ticket this summer. I have American Advantage -P&L Insurance agency located in Muskego, which goes through Acuity. Also under my parents plan which helps the rates.

Yooformula
11-15-2004, 04:43 PM
Want lower rates? Get married turn 25 then 30, have 3 cars then add kids.... :wooo

I dont know how American Family stacks up in terms of claims and help but I was treated very well for my incident and my rates are very cheap. When I added my Bronco to my account it ended up being $150 a year for full collision coverage for my 87 Bronco. Damm thing was so cheap it was pointless for me to take a chance on not insuring it.

PonyKiller87
11-16-2004, 08:27 AM
Insurance sucks, plain and simple. Its one of the neccisary evils in life that we must all deal with. Since I turned 18 and got my own insurance Ive been threw a few companies and finaly found a good one.

AAA insurance - Decent coverage, decent price. Billing department sucks, they lose payments, over charge, don't refund when you drop coverage for the winter.... I left them because I got tired of the billing dept screwin things up.

Progressive - CRAP, decent rate over the phone to get you signed and the first time anything happens of any sort your rates go through the roof. I agree any company that you deal with entirely over the phone is bad news.

Badger Mutual - Seemed all good, decent prices, customer service was ok.... Got in an accident that was not my fault. They didnt back me up what so ever, jerked me around fixin my truck, jacked up my rates.... Very ugly all around, no way to treat a paying customer. (there is a post on this somewhere)

State Farm - Awesome, my rates dropped about $300-400 over 6 months, even though I got more coverage and lower deductables. I also got a renters insurance policy to cover all my tools and stuff. On top of that they refinanced my truck and save me another $100 a month. Over all the service is great they called me and informed me that my rates will be dropping on my 25 bday, effective on my bday(most other companys it doesnt drop till you renew) After my bday I should be down to about $50- $75 a month for full coverage on both cars, plus the renters policy. I go to the one brandon mentioned on Forest Home. Feel free to tell them Kevin Standlee sent you so I can get a free dinner at the chancery.

Anakonda69
11-17-2004, 06:16 PM
way to be cheap kevin....tell them brandon phillips sent you so i get a free dinner damnit...... :headbang

cheap80Z28
11-18-2004, 01:37 AM
Am I the only one with farmers? We pay $660 for 6 mo. on the 2002 and 1992 Grand ams we have and one is in a parking lot, so $110 a month for us.
steve