View Full Version : a couple shots from yesterday

jbiscuit
11-08-2004, 03:46 PM
Peter Cooper Glue Factory: Oak Creek
Nikon N80 35mm
Zenitar 16mm fisheye
Nikkor 50mm 1.8
Fuji REALA print

most shots were done at F4, varying shutter speeds. The nighttime locker shot was done at F5 and taken with an external flash with a green colored gel. Exposure length was about a minute.

http://img112.exs.cx/img112/1630/Untitled-40.jpg

http://img112.exs.cx/img112/1345/Untitled-41.jpg

http://img112.exs.cx/img112/4421/Untitled-42.jpg

http://img112.exs.cx/img112/2056/Untitled-43.jpg

http://img112.exs.cx/img112/7660/Untitled-44.jpg

http://img112.exs.cx/img112/3595/Untitled-45.jpg

http://img112.exs.cx/img112/1654/Untitled-46.jpg

DirtyMax
11-08-2004, 03:56 PM
Nice work. It's a shame what vandals and time has done to that place over the years. I would love to go in there sometime. Several older people I know worked there or had family who did. Do you go to that place often?

jbiscuit
11-08-2004, 04:00 PM
I wouldn't say often...I have been there twice, just to photograph. I don't disrupt anything in the place either. If the file cabinet is open when I walk in, thats how I shoot it. I think everything is all very interesting. So my shots try and capture what the place looks like. I even try and shoot the fisheye (very wide angle) to try and get as much as possible into the shot. It is by far one of the coolest places I have ever shot at

DirtyMax
11-08-2004, 04:07 PM
That's pretty awesome. There's some groups who say it is rumored to be haunted. I grew up right near there and had tons of chances to go snoop around but I never did. I regret that.

Yooformula
11-08-2004, 05:26 PM
Very cool! But where are the shots from the bittiecam? :goof

Is there any room there for auto shots? That would look cool for a backdrop.

Kory 88Iroc lt1
11-08-2004, 05:30 PM
It makes me think of urban paintball. I played in a building like that in Kentucky. It was the best ever.
Kory

Anakonda69
11-08-2004, 05:35 PM
where exactly is this place i would like to get some pix of it?

DFJ6000
11-08-2004, 09:07 PM
dudes i lived in that neighborhood!!!!, i went in that b**tch tons of times. i kno tons bout that place, its bout to be torn down tho, they building condos

Cryptic
11-08-2004, 09:25 PM
damn J, thats some cool sh!t

DFJ6000
11-08-2004, 09:36 PM
yeah those houses around there are pretty old too, the whole neighborhood was built in 1900, i have mad pics of the factory when it was actually runing, and the town when it was all dirt roads, not sure i cood upload em thoe, its all crinkled paper, the oak creek library has a whole book on it andf the towns history, i kno lots of **** bout the place so ask me if ya wanna kno and i can answer it if i kno it...lived there for 10 years of my life so...

DFJ6000
11-08-2004, 09:39 PM
by the way, those are some good ass pictures :thumbsup watch out on the second floor, theres those big ass holes where the glue vats were, freind of mine fell thru one and craked his head open on the I beam. theres also a room up there that the smell is unexplainable we think it may be the smell of death?? thats just a thought but there was suppose to be over like 40 people died back there, and suspicion it may have been a mob hitting ground..again tho all rumours

SMS 1
11-09-2004, 07:47 AM
Nice stuff J. I like the 5th one the best. Gives you a sense of space, and the lighting is great! I'm guessing a north or south facing window? Did you spot meter it for the window or multizone the screen? That does look like an interesting place for some pics. I got a modeling portfolio I need to shoot for a girl at work, that would be a bitchin backdrop for some urban type stuff.

jbiscuit
11-09-2004, 08:16 AM
I set the camera up by feel...my Russian fisheye is a FULL manual lens, no auto focus, no light metering sensor. So I shot all of the above shots by feel! :thumbsup I have been shooting awhile now so I have a pretty good idea how to set up the camera in certain situations. I usually always bracket the shots also to make sure I got a good one, though in the glue factory shots, I didn't bracket the shots since there was too much fun to be had for that!

It can be a dangerous place, I can see that. Especially at night when I shot a bunch of shots with my roommate. You need a high power flashlight and you have to make sure you pan the floor quite often. We found a water treatment building also which was freaky especially considering the ceiling etc is deteriorating and crumbling. :wooo

SlowStee
11-09-2004, 12:32 PM
so J any sightings or scary occurrences in the factory??
I dug this up like last week when looking for real haunted places.

Oak Creek - Carolville - Peter Cooper Glue Factory - this abandon factory is haunted by as many as 30 ghost of people who have been murdered here. - NO TRESPASSING
Might do some video recording when i actually get there..only i dont really wanna go if its not haunted :) so whatcha think??

jbiscuit
11-09-2004, 01:07 PM
its hard to say man....there was a couple times I had some wierd feelings about stuff. Like Sunday when I was there with my roommate and we were actually in the old water treatment building that is about a 1/4 mile away. I wandered ahead of him as he was setting up his camera to start shooting. Well he turned off his flashlight so he could use the flash for his camera and right when his light went out, a draft blew through the area I was in but there wasn't even a sound that could be heard. I turned around for some reason to see what he was doing and I stood there looking right in the geneal direction where he was standing (probably 50-60 yards away) and I never saw a single flash from his camera go off (we fire the flash 7-8 times PER shot). So I walked back to where he was and asked him if something was wrong and he said he was already done. That would mean that I should have seen the flashes...? But I never did. Remember, these buildings ARE TOTALLY dark on inside meaning if you don't have a flashlight you can't even see 2 inches in front of your face. His flashes should have lit up the entire area where he was though I never saw anything. Very odd.

Did I see any ghosts though? No not necessarily. Is there wierd stuff that happens there? Yes. Is it worth it to go there and try to capture something on film? Yes.

I will say this. If you go there at night YOU MUST HAVE A FLASHLIGHT as well as bring an extra set of batteries in your pocket. Should your batteries die in your flashlight, you are screwed. You need a backpack with water, gloves, batteries and whatever else to keep your hands free to climb etc. I also warn that you be very careful while in these places. They can be very dangerous should you not be paying attention. There are wires laying on the ground etc and though the power should be cut off, I wouldn't trust that. Watch out for rusted metal stairs etc and holes in the floor. Use you head and you will really enjoy the experience. I have been twice and I want to go back again to shoot more.

GTSLOW
11-09-2004, 03:16 PM
Nice work. It's a shame what vandals and time has done to that place over the years.

I must admit only living 15mins away by bicycle me and my friends tore the **** outta that place over the years!!!!

I rember once, they have those sealed cube windows, that kinda make a loud popping when you break them (vacuum sealed I think). We stayed there for over 4 hours trying to break them all. Then we heard "Police, COME OUT" we thought it was someone messing around so we continued to fawk stuff up. Well to make a long story short we were in the room with the big vats or tubs on the floor and look across and see a cop running at us. So we run are ass into that giant feild surrounding the place. Well we split up I got away along with my friend by jumping the fence, running across the street into the other field and heading home. But the other two got caught.

All in all I think that place is fun as hell to explore at night with about 10 friends!

SlowStee
11-09-2004, 10:20 PM
I must admit only living 15mins away by bicycle me and my friends tore the **** outta that place over the years!!!!

I rember once, they have those sealed cube windows, that kinda make a loud popping when you break them (vacuum sealed I think). We stayed there for over 4 hours trying to break them all. Then we heard "Police, COME OUT" we thought it was someone messing around so we continued to fawk stuff up. Well to make a long story short we were in the room with the big vats or tubs on the floor and look across and see a cop running at us. So we run are ass into that giant feild surrounding the place. Well we split up I got away along with my friend by jumping the fence, running across the street into the other field and heading home. But the other two got caught.

All in all I think that place is fun as hell to explore at night with about 10 friends!
bah your teh suck...stupid vandal...

Al
11-09-2004, 10:45 PM
So...where do they keep the horses?

you know....for the glue...... :goof

GTSLOW
11-10-2004, 01:20 AM
So...where do they keep the horses?

you know....for the glue...... :goof

If you go to the 2nd floor where they have these GIANT holes in the floor theres like all this old horse hide. We went there once and there was like 3 coyotes. We were on the roof looking in, so we werent really in any danger. So we started throwing big rocks and **** at them.

jbiscuit
11-10-2004, 08:00 AM
I didn't see any sort of animal carcass while I was there...maybe somebody stole them? :)