PDA

View Full Version : Mark Belling's show is off the air...

DirtyMax
11-08-2004, 03:12 PM
...at least today and at least in this area. So much for Ammendment 1.

Rocket Power
11-08-2004, 07:18 PM
Yeah I heard Hannity on today.
He apologized, they should get over it. :rolleyes:
If the worst thing that happens in your life is hearing someone say an inappropriate word on the radio. Then I think things are pretty good

Go Speed
11-08-2004, 07:26 PM
...at least today and at least in this area. So much for Ammendment 1.

for what?

turbogarrett
11-08-2004, 08:11 PM
That's f'n ridiculous. People are just way too sensitive these days...

Cryptic
11-08-2004, 09:31 PM
yeah what was said?

Daytonapacecar959
11-08-2004, 09:42 PM
He called Illegals"wetbacks"

Al
11-08-2004, 10:25 PM
And then Chris Rock makes all of the while guy jokes and nobody complains...just a nervous laugh.

Mark should get back and see what happens. Besides, if someone was personally offended by it, they shouldn't even be here in the first place.

Prince Valiant
11-08-2004, 11:02 PM
bah, i say he's getting what he deserves.

Why? Not that I am at all a member of the PC police...I hate those of us who are perpetually offended, and I HATE those that act as if they can actually look into the heart of a man and proclaim him to be racist/good/bad based on a few innocuous words that in the end, don't amount to a hill of beans.

So why do i think mark deserves this? Because he should have known better.

He himself used to always complain that those of a conservative bent had to always hold themselves to a higher and different standard of behavior. Not because he felt that a double standard was right, and not becuase he simply felt that this was how to be better than those on the left. Instead, it was because he knew that the left is always ready to pounce on a lapse of judgement or misdeed. He knew this.

Examples include how bob packwood was left out to dry for lesser allegations of sexual harrasment than those levied at bill clinton. How the left wanted to try SO hard to nail bush about alleged and very untrue "deserter" charges, while bill clinton actively avoided and evaded the draft, protesting the US from a different country altogether.

He knew this double standard and held himself to it before...however, this time he sliped.

Also, while he directed the statement to a very specific group of hispanics, namely the illegal alien kind, he should have known all would take offense...the reason being he knows about those waiting to be offended, and the aforementioned double standards. There are people who will always want others to feel sorry for themselves.

Now, while I don't like the idea of the PC thugs wielding this power and restricting marks ability to speak his mind, I do admires mark's willingness to fight this.

What I think he forgot though, was it is not just him. Companies pay alot of money to be associated with his show...now they will be FAR less inclined to do so as they don't want the scandal associated with them. And mark should know, even if they had kept fighting on the air, eventually his protesters would target the bussiness's that sponsor him.

It's not that I think the PC police is right...it's just that mark should have recognized the reality of the world we live in. He should have been smarter than that and approached the issue in a whole different, but no less effective manner.

MoreTorque
11-09-2004, 12:46 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/enter/tvradio/nov04/273510.asp?source=tmj4

"wetback," a derogatory term used to describe illegal Mexican immigrants

I just love how illegal immigrants have rights in a country that they dont even belong in.

Al
11-09-2004, 01:47 AM
[url]"Ricer" is a term to describe anyone who does a stupid modification to a car

I guess we are all guilty. Do we need to watch ourselves more, or just become tollerant.

African American calls me a "****ing cracker." I am tollerant to keep my mouth shut and walk away, I coiuld have mad a few "responses," but I'll check myself.

Go and buy a CD of your favorite artist who gets his/her hits played on V100. Once again, you will see the one-way directed and accepted language that has become accepted in daily America.

So let me get this strait: freedom of speech is more restricted for me, and loosend for other ethnick groups.

This doesn't mean I'll use this right to its fullest potential, but knowing that others can get away with something that I can not just doesn't make sense.

Here is a good solid example that is present every day on TV: The most basic and oldest set of written laws still in use to this day are the Ten Commandments. One of them is "do not use God's name in vain."

All I hear on South Park, MTV, CNN, and just about all of the media groups out there is "God this" and "God that" or "Jesus" when someone gets hurt or something bad happens. A little respect for what I hold to be important could go a long way.

SSmike1
11-09-2004, 06:13 AM
so,
it means they git their backs wet crossing the river to illegally cross over to the USA, Illegally.

whats the beef?

I have been called MANY times worse names.

heck, I AM A WET BACK,
alot more wet than a Mexican crossing the little Rio Grande,;
i am a Serbian ( legal) that crossed over the Big Pond,
Alantic Ocean! getting wet along the way!
I am a WETTER BACK!

:wooo

:)

SMS 1
11-09-2004, 07:04 AM
legal
No see Mike you have it wrong. They wipe your back off at the immigration office after you get the paperwork finished :goof

tebriel
11-09-2004, 11:03 AM
Hypocrites are the best role models

Go Speed
11-09-2004, 03:56 PM
hey, I'm half mexican - go ahead guys, let it out. I won't get offended you ****** crackers.

I actually heard that show, in retrospect and i didn't take offense.
I don't think he should be fired.

He called a spade a spade.... As I recall he was talking about illegal immigrants receiving benefits (healthcare, education, etc...) when guys like me are working our ass off, and scared shitless of running my own business, because on paper, i'm white and can't qualify for all the handouts for minorities. Because guys like most on this board would rather work than rely on the state to take care of us.

Cryptic
11-09-2004, 04:10 PM
when your legal, your paying into the system... not living off the sytem we pay for.

Knyghtmare
11-09-2004, 04:38 PM
Anyone could say anything they want about white people and no one would ever think twice about it. Hell they would call you racist if you did mension something about it.

tebriel
11-10-2004, 10:30 AM
maybe in 200 years we'll be the minority not in power, and then we can complain about being discriminated against.
-teb

JC70SS
11-10-2004, 10:48 AM
Try about 20 yrs! :fire

SMS 1
11-10-2004, 11:07 AM
maybe in 200 years we'll be the minority not in power, and then we can complain about being discriminated against.
-teb
How about NOW! :fire

Put it this way, if you are a white, heterosexual male YOU'RE FVCKED!

tebriel
11-10-2004, 03:13 PM
only by my girlfriend. it's not that bleak guys, i have a good job and placement in my field is at 40% right now ;-)

lotsals1
11-10-2004, 04:30 PM
look every race has THE NAME
White trash/cracker/ect
but when i hear it i dont whine--if you are illegal GET THE FOCK OUT
you shouldnt be here anyways to hear it! and you should most definatly should not have any right SINCE YOU ARE NOT A US CITIZEN!
Illegal's are a big problem for the economy as well ,and so are the a$$holz that employ them for 2.50 a week
If they are caught in the U.S. They should be sent to fight with the troops
to earn the rights like our fathers did our grandfathers did and our great grandfathers did ,to give us the rights to live in this country with the freedoms and wealth that we do. How many illegals died in ww1 ww2 korea Nam :flipoff2: how many were drafted into the army right out of high school :flipoff2: :flipoff2: , I think my point is clear
Every guy on this forum would fight for their country for their freedoms
not just take advantage of other peoples sacrafice :loser
When the **** hits the fan nobody say's "**** you better get the Mexican gov. on the phone or we'll all be fvcked" :goof

SMS 1
11-10-2004, 07:46 PM
Every guy on this forum would fight for their country for their freedoms
not just take advantage of other peoples sacrafice :loser

Everyone except tebriel and deciuss :yawn:

MoreTorque
11-11-2004, 12:18 AM
I guess we are all guilty. Do we need to watch ourselves more, or just become tollerant.

Woah woah woah... how did my definition of a ricer get dragged into this? Peace and love toward the rice?

Al
11-11-2004, 12:44 AM
Woah woah woah... how did my definition of a ricer get dragged into this? Peace and love toward the rice?

Well, we can't all be innocent. I'm not rying to go overboard here, just a little intensional excess. Just like those guys who would call a domestic owner a redneck. To me, it is just a waste of time and high school-like drama. Don't get me wrong on this one.

As for the white straight male thing, it is very true. Well, I have one thing going for me, I'm a bit shorter than the average american male, so that can work for me.

As for the legal immigrants; when I worked at that factory this past summer, one Hispanic guy referred to me as "the only hard working white boy at the factory." It was a bit weird to hear that, but it is a bit true. I was the only white male to hold a line position for more than a few weeks and not quit or get fired on the 3rd shift. Simply put. there are many "locals" around SE Wisconsin who don't work hard. In fact, the illegal imigrants were the ones who worked the hardest of all. It was a way of delaying getting sent back to Mexico.

MoreTorque
11-11-2004, 12:54 AM
Well, we can't all be innocent. I'm not rying to go overboard here, just a little intensional excess. Just like those guys who would call a domestic owner a redneck. To me, it is just a waste of time and high school-like drama. Don't get me wrong on this one.

I never claimed I was innocent. I've been called a redneck by some and it doesnt bother me. Instead of people having to watch every word they say, people need to understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Al
11-11-2004, 01:21 AM
I never claimed I was innocent. I've been called a redneck by some and it doesnt bother me. Instead of people having to watch every word they say, people need to understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion.
What I meant by that is that we can lose either way. It's a lose-lose situation. I can say nothing and still look bad. So much for the 1st and 5th.

MoreTorque
11-11-2004, 01:25 AM
What I meant by that is that we can lose either way. It's a lose-lose situation. I can say nothing and still look bad. So much for the 1st and 5th.

I gotcha.

deciuss
11-11-2004, 11:55 AM
20 years seems about right its getting close allready and in some states factoring in afermitive action its just about there.

steffo
11-11-2004, 08:06 PM
I don't like that the protestors against Mark called someone that agreed with Mark a Nazi and a Clansmen. How can you pull someone from the air for making a derogatory comment and then go do the same damn thing? I just don't get it. People are so quick jump when the truth hurts. I really respect people that are trying to make a good life for themselves and their families. But when you are not a citizen and you want the rights of one... guess what... you just can't.