PDA

View Full Version : Northern Lights

CruxGNZ
11-08-2004, 01:05 AM
If any of you are still up, go out side and look up. Some of the most unusual northern lights I have ever seen! It was pink/red then green, very bright too. Now it seems like the lights are coming from the east and west and fluttering towards the house and making wierd shapes directly above me. :confused . This is soooo cool! :thumbsup It's almost like the reflection of water on the ceiling of a indoor pool.

!M!

theavenger333
11-08-2004, 01:47 AM
i was just outside looking. sucks in the city though. i loved when i was camping or up north or something. they look even better!

Al
11-08-2004, 02:08 AM
That is the first time I ever saw a red northern light as well as bing the brightest I have ever seen.

BTW- when is the last time you had to look south to see the northern lights?

At times it was so bright that I could see the surrounding land as if there was a full moon out. 1:45 was the brightest time for about 3 minutes. The red area was to the west. After that part dimmed out, it got really active to the far north.

Al
11-08-2004, 02:20 AM
Looks pretty active to me.

The red to the wast was probably due to the sun being closer to rising than setting.

I need to go to bed. I have school ion a few hours.

SMS 1
11-08-2004, 02:58 AM
What a bitchin show tonight!!! These were taken between 11:00pm and 1:00am tonight. (kinda crummy .jpg compression, huge files! :( )Sorry Dial-Up people!!!

http://aurigenmedia.com/NL/nl5969.jpg

http://aurigenmedia.com/NL/nl6000.jpg

http://aurigenmedia.com/NL/nl6020.jpg

http://aurigenmedia.com/NL/nl6034.jpg

GTSLOW
11-08-2004, 03:41 AM
Wow those are GREAT pictures, awsome job my friend!

SMS 1
11-08-2004, 10:26 AM
Wow those are GREAT pictures, awsome job my friend!Thanx :goof Too bad I didn't have better backgrounds for them though :(

jbiscuit
11-08-2004, 10:44 AM
ha ha ha ha, I recognize that water tower! Great shots. Now I wish I would have been out taking shots...didn't even know about it till now! DAM IT!

SMS 1
11-08-2004, 10:45 AM
ha ha ha ha, I recognize that water tower! Great shots. Now I wish I would have been out taking shots...didn't even know about it till now! DAM IT!
HAha! Yep my new home town ;)

I hear they are supposed to continue tonight as well so go git yo'self some film and a warm jacket ;)

99cav
11-08-2004, 02:54 PM
sweet pics dood

can you send me the larger versions????

jbiscuit
11-08-2004, 03:04 PM
yeah I heard that the lights will be out again tonight...any idea what time roughly? Its gonna be F'in cold out tonight though! I went and shot last night also..shot some night shots down in oak creek

Al
11-08-2004, 03:25 PM
I think there is going to be a meteor shower as well.

DirtyMax
11-08-2004, 04:11 PM
You guys with these awesome photography skills make me jealous. I went out and bought a what I thought was a pretty cool 5.1 mp digital Sony and I can't take good pictures for sh!t. Many of them border on worse color and light quality than my 2.1 cheapo point and press camera. I guess I just don't know enough about all the settings to set it up right. And Sony's manuals are soooo helpful with that :rolleyes:

jbiscuit
11-08-2004, 04:13 PM
it takes a LOT of practice 4eyed

anyone want to meet up tonight for a late night Northern Lights photo shoot? SMS? You in? I am shooting tonight for sure....just have to dig out a wool sweater and my gloves

GTSLOW
11-08-2004, 08:38 PM
You guys with these awesome photography skills make me jealous. I went out and bought a what I thought was a pretty cool 5.1 mp digital Sony and I can't take good pictures for sh!t. Many of them border on worse color and light quality than my 2.1 cheapo point and press camera. I guess I just don't know enough about all the settings to set it up right. And Sony's manuals are soooo helpful with that :rolleyes:

I also dont know shiat, but there are alot of settings you can change on the camera for night and outdoor shots!

Cryptic
11-08-2004, 09:30 PM
it takes a LOT of practice 4eyed

anyone want to meet up tonight for a late night Northern Lights photo shoot? SMS? You in? I am shooting tonight for sure....just have to dig out a wool sweater and my gloves

where and when?

SMS 1
11-09-2004, 09:13 PM
Ya sorry guys I would have loved too. God 3rd shift sucks! :fire

Al
11-12-2004, 01:16 AM
The lights were still going at 11 pm. The last time they were this bright, I was in the second grade.