PDA

View Full Version : my tranny

88camaro
10-30-2004, 04:04 PM
Well i think my tranny is going but it allows me to swap it over a to 5 speed. Just got one off a ebay for 375 almost every thing i need to do the swap too. :banana :3gears:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=7930875848

TransAm12sec
11-07-2004, 03:40 PM
The crossmembers aren't the same for a 700R4 and a T-5 are they?

Looks like you'll need a clutch to go along with it, and I believe a 305 starter will work, but not a 350. You would also need a shifter boot, and a different top for the center console.

You'll have to mount the pedals, slave cylinder, cut a hole in the transmission tunnel, and hook up the wiring(reverse lights, clutch saftey switch)

If you would like any help with this, I'd be glad to assist you. I've read alot about the T-56 swap, but this the same thing, minus the speedo calbration work.

88camaro
11-08-2004, 12:25 AM
the crossmember is the same, the t56 the mount is set back.

the clutch i was on getting one anys, need to find one that i would like to get.

the starter doesnt matter as long as i keep the same number of teeth on the fly wheel.

cutting and wiring dont worry me. Just have to wait for us to move intill out new house :banana

but when i get working on anyone is welcome to come out and see, help, bullshit, etc. :alcoholic :goof gunna redo a lot of stuff on the camaro.