PDA

View Full Version : C6 Corvette

Corvette Jabo
10-27-2004, 06:52 AM
A friend of mine stopped over last night with a new Corvette C6. He didn’t let me drive it but he took me for a ride in it. The car looks shorter, less overhang from the rear tires to the bumper. The hood is shorter and slopes down towards the bumper allowing you to see less hood and more road in front of you. The one thing I noticed is how quiet the exhaust is at idle.

The door handle to open the door is a switch, so you squeeze the door handle to open the door. Before the door opens, the window drops down about ½ inch and then the door pops open. When you crawl in and close the door, the window goes back up a ½ inch, every time. When you exit the car for the first time you look for the lever to open the door but there is a button near your thumb you push to open or unlatch the door. I wonder what would happen in the event of a total power failure, go through the top?

The top is a 1 piece tinted glass unit, nothing to block you view.

Jabo :)

I am 6’ 2” and had no leg room, my knees were about 1 inch from the dash. If I wanted to get into the glove box, I would have to hang my legs out the window. The interior of the car is plain, mostly flat black interior panels.

Great new look and drives really smooth!

BAD LS1
10-27-2004, 08:52 AM
What color was it??

What did you think about that body color transparent roof?? :thumbsup

Corvette Jabo
10-27-2004, 05:55 PM
What color was it??

What did you think about that body color transparent roof?? :thumbsup

It was an orangeish red, I don't know the name of the color. The roof was great, if I only had the money!!!

Jabo

Bad-TSi
10-27-2004, 09:10 PM
According to a guy I know that works at a dealership, the C6s are having hella engine problems. I don't remember the details, but he's allready swapped a motor on one, and more are on the way.

Cjburn
10-27-2004, 09:44 PM
The 350Z does the same thing with it's windows, as do some BMW's. It's pretty cool stuff.

BAD LS1
10-28-2004, 08:32 AM
According to a guy I know that works at a dealership, the C6s are having hella engine problems. I don't remember the details, but he's allready swapped a motor on one, and more are on the way.

Well i just did a search on your statement and came up empty handed, so please provide facts here.... :yawn:

Bad-TSi
10-28-2004, 08:54 AM
Well i just did a search on your statement and came up empty handed, so please provide facts here.... :yawn:

You know anyone that owns one? Know any GM dealership mechanics? And your "research" is usless, I'm shure GM isn't gonna go plastering up information eveywhere about their new brand new corporate icon car blowing up motors. Plus this problem just became apparent withing the last week. Now I know what I heard, and the guy doesn't have a reason to make stuff up, nor do I. The only thing I specifically remember is that on the automatic cars their is a messed coolent passage in the cylinder head, a casting flash I belive, thats causing them to overheat. I don't remeber the problem they're having with the manual models. Something with the rod bearings I think. I'll ask him tonight. Untill then just keep your mind set in whatever little form of disbelive you please.

BAD LS1
10-28-2004, 09:10 AM
You know anyone that owns one? Know any GM dealership mechanics? And your "research" is usless, I'm shure GM isn't gonna go plastering up information eveywhere about their new brand new corporate icon car blowing up motors. Plus this problem just became apparent withing the last week. Now I know what I heard, and the guy doesn't have a reason to make stuff up, nor do I. The only thing I specifically remember is that on the automatic cars their is a messed coolent passage in the cylinder head, a casting flash I belive, thats causing them to overheat. I don't remeber the problem they're having with the manual models. Something with the rod bearings I think. I'll ask him tonight. Untill then just keep your mind set in whatever little form of disbelive you please.

Please enlighten me on what the diff is between auto and manual engines??? especially coolant passages in the heads between the two?? Id really like to know your theory behind using two diff styles of engines for manual and auto versions, Being the fact they all have holes drilled for pilot bearings and the only thing that attached to the crank on autos and manuals alike are the torque tube drive shaft, clutch is in rear... Al this equals the same engine for each model. Well when you do "research" youll usually find "other" people talking about the same problem I.E. LS1 tech in the LS2 section or C6 forums etc..., NOT GM. And now it goes to something about rod bearings now too from over heating issues? how are they inter linked?

This scenario sounds strikingly familiar to the issue that was mentioned that i posted a link to about the ford 3V heads needing replaced on certain f150's and new mustangs... at least i posted a link to that whether it was hearsay or not, someone else wrote it.

Prince Valiant
10-28-2004, 09:18 AM
You know anyone that owns one? Know any GM dealership mechanics? And your "research" is usless, I'm shure GM isn't gonna go plastering up information eveywhere about their new brand new corporate icon car blowing up motors. :rolf :rolf

You mean to tell us that the only other source of information is dissiminated from corporate offices of GM? You do know there are more sources, which I think tom was referring to. I would think tom spends enough time around the chevy boards to have read one of these customers complain about loosing a motor. Secondly, many online "insider" sights are always way ahead of the curve and would start to report on trends that the insiders saw...such as increased warranty work, decreasing/slowing/stoping production to route engines elsewhere or until the engine problem is solved, etc...

Plus, I highly doubt that you yourself would know enough gm mechanics and c6 owners to be able to authoratively say anyone dealing with an epidemic of engine failures....you don't even have any anecdotal evidence to offer, instead offereing a whole lot of hearsay, mix it with a little bias and there you go. You are defending a statement that the LS2 is having hella problems :rolleyes:

It's not that I believe they are or aren't...just the hypocrisy of your statements know no bounds.

EDIT: DAMN! Treed on the hearsay observation by tom :fire :goof

BAD LS1
10-28-2004, 09:20 AM
May as well relocate this b!tch to the heated topic section, im riding this one till wheels fall off or someone shows me the money and proves me wrong :argue

GRNDNL
10-28-2004, 09:33 AM
:rolf

:popcorn

I'll check with my GM source, see what he's heard.......

Oh Ya......... :wtf :sucks

BAD LS1
10-28-2004, 09:38 AM
Back on topic*

Yeah i really like that daytona sunset orange color :rockwoot:

Me and some guys from the board here looked at a black one up close and personal at Heiser yeah the interior seems to be a little blah, but that the look everything is going to these days.

Did the guy get on it for you Jabo??

Too bad i got that modding fixation, if only had the money too id love to own one but i dont know how long i could keep it stock??

The vette's are a car everyone (well almost everyone) from all diff brands can admire, kinda like the viper, and the shelby cobra :rockwoot:

Corvette Jabo
10-28-2004, 10:58 AM
[QUOTE=BADDLS1SS]Back on topic*

Did the guy get on it for you Jabo??

No! When he took me for a ride it was raining. He said he had the traction control engaged but still got real snakey when he got on it earlier that day. Jerry owns the car and loaned it to my friend Mike, who took me for a ride. Jerry uses the car as a company car and lets customers use the C6 when customers come into town (auto trans). He has another C6 ragtop on order for his personal use. Jerry also has a Ford GT on order. Oh to have Jerry's money (super nice guy).
Jabo

sidepipe79
10-28-2004, 12:14 PM
You know anyone that owns one? Know any GM dealership mechanics? And your "research" is usless,

If is a hella engine problem it would be posted on corvette boards. check out the C6 section on www.Digitalcorvettes.com. There isnt a single complaint about the engine. Also the enignes in both the automatic and manual vettes are the exat same. NO difference.

Bad-TSi
10-28-2004, 08:48 PM
Jesus, can't anyone have a civil argument on here?? Grow up. :rolleyes:

I'm just going on what I've heard and I don't remeber the specifics. The problem with the head I remember, and the problem with the manual models was actually the transmission that I misinterprited. Here's a link. http://www.forums.gminsidenews.com/showthread.php?mode=hybrid&t=7739

The head thing is also, as I've mentioned earlier a very recent problem, and it may have been allready corrected. Also like I said. I've no reason to make stuff up, and I couldn't think of a reason why he would. It's not like he isn't a GM fan.

So you guys can now stop having your little ***** fits and I'll relay the rest of the information when I get it.

BAD LS1
10-28-2004, 09:21 PM
Civil argument?? Who goes out of there way to have an argument?? (besides you). Ill have a "discussion" about something... not an argument.

We can have a "civil argument" when you come to the party with cold hard facts, i tell the end users i deal with at work, " show me the defect in workmanship and or material, prove to me why you think your carb thats plugged up due old gas in a 1 yr old engine should be covered under warranty and ill pay for the repair"

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219597

The above i saw earlier today when i did my " bullsh!t research " which was overlooked because of the full-roar story about casting deficencies causing overheating and diff engines for autos and manuals and something way off base about rod bearings...

john96ws6
10-28-2004, 09:49 PM
I was about to post that link.

Bad-Tsi - The car has been available for a mere 2 weeks. HOW CAN ONE MECHANIC AT ONE DEALERSHIP CONCLUDE THAT ALL C6s ARE HAVING PROBLEMS?

NOT ONLY THAT, BUT THOSE OF US THAT ARE AVID LS1/LS2 ENTHUSIESTS ACTIVE IN THE BOARDS AND CAR CLUBS, HAVE NEVER EVEN HEARD OF SUCH CLAIMS. :wtf

You may be right about your claims but it is WAY TOO EARLY TO MAKE A GENERALIZATION LIKE THAT.

Prince Valiant
10-28-2004, 11:15 PM
Jesus, can't anyone have a civil argument on here?? Grow up. :rolleyes: This is really funny coming from the same guy who earlier posted to tom:
You know anyone that owns one? Know any GM dealership mechanics? And your "research" is usless without any substance to base this statement on:
According to a guy I know that works at a dealership, the C6s are having hella engine problems. Of course, when it was demonstrated how shoddy his evidence is, there seems to be a quick retrival:
The head thing is also, as I've mentioned earlier a very recent problem, and it may have been allready corrected. and:
I'm just going on what I've heard and I don't remeber the specifics. The problem with the head I remember, and the problem with the manual models was actually the transmission that I misinterprited. Is it any wonder John Kerry is this guys hero?

Of course, anytime you are called out on your grossly inaccurate statements (which, if you haven't noticed, happens with alarming frequency) you get defensive and accuse people of having "***** fits". Uh, yeah, anytime anyone disagrees with you, you can't retort with facts, just call them names :rolleyes:

You are telling other's they need to grow up? And you think you are any better?

scubastang
10-28-2004, 11:23 PM
The 350Z does the same thing with it's windows, as do some BMW's. It's pretty cool stuff.

so does the new 05 mustang - very nice touch (which reminds me new thread time ;) )

Corvette Jabo
10-29-2004, 06:58 AM
I believe its better not to buy a new model release. Its better to buy one the 2nd year after it has been released. That way the MFG has had a chance to fix the bugs that may be in a new product.
Jabo :-P

GRNDNL
10-29-2004, 08:51 AM
http://www.v8buick.com/images/smilies/rant.gif

:popcorn

Bad-TSi
10-30-2004, 07:21 PM
You guys are the ones throwing fits about it, I'm just trying to relay what I've heard. And it's not like I'm saying to take this information as a public recall announcment, this is just what a guy told me. You can calm down now.

Yamahachick02
10-30-2004, 08:45 PM
I work at Holz motors in the service department and I haven't seen a C6 come in to service or heard of any problems. I talked to a customer that owens a C6 and he said he loves the car better than his C5. The C6 came out at the end of last month and they sell within days. :-P

Crawlin
10-30-2004, 11:43 PM
we'll have 10 C6's by the end of the year pass through our dealership, all were orders for customers. we sold one black one, one black one is on the showroom floor waiting to be picked up and we just got delivered a dark red colored one. not one has even been through our service department either. oh well, some people have bad luck

Al
10-30-2004, 11:53 PM
VW's drop the windows as well and mabey Audis too.

If the door button doesn't work, you break the window.

Check the owners manual on that one.

TransAm12sec
10-31-2004, 07:54 PM
I saw a silver one at GLD today. It ran a 12.88. The guy said the car is hard to launch.