PDA

View Full Version : Finally got it...

Al
10-26-2004, 11:58 PM
I had to leave the track early for an imprtant reason and didn't get to pick this one up.

I went to the meeting down in oak creek and was talking about my mustang when I realized that despite being a vert and a heavier platform, I can still lighten it up to the specifications of all 5.0 fox chassis stangs. One guy said that the heavier rear end [could] help in the turns a bit, and if I plan on yoinking the motor, why not set it up for road racing (good idea).

SSmike1
10-27-2004, 06:37 AM
Congratulations!

i race in the MC - AX series,
mike mlinar, Black Camaro, # 57, XS class;
on saturdays,...

and then i work corners for the w2w on sundays.

what do you race in?

super bike mike
:thumbsup

Al
10-27-2004, 08:14 AM
what do you race in?

Thanks

I haven't checked yet, but what would my race-ready 5.0 classify as?

SSmike1
10-27-2004, 04:01 PM
OK
i think you are planning to AX autocross your car?

you need to give me more info, to help you classify your car.
year,
model, mods, tires, etc..

but the best thing to do is look it up yourself,
in the MC GCR General Competition Rules.
found here
http://my.execpc.com/~mcscc/

i have done this for 2 years
2005 will be year 3 for me.

FUN! :wooo

GTSLOW
10-27-2004, 08:39 PM
I had to leave the track early for an imprtant reason and didn't get to pick this one up.

I went to the meeting down in oak creek and was talking about my mustang when I realized that despite being a vert and a heavier platform, I can still lighten it up to the specifications of all 5.0 fox chassis stangs. One guy said that the heavier rear end [could] help in the turns a bit, and if I plan on yoinking the motor, why not set it up for road racing (good idea).

Congrats!! I love road racing, it was such a blast at RA this past october!

Al
10-27-2004, 11:11 PM
I should have written, "what would a race ready 5.0 classify as."

BTW- that's a road racing license.

Right now, I have that 88 5.0 vert 5spd. Because of the weight regulations being the same for all 5.0s, the vert part will only effect the aerodynamics. I don't know what the limits are, but I want to get into a slower category.

Right now, it doesn't run very well. I though I might have put the plug wires back wrong, but that wasn't it. I think a rebuild will be coming soon as it seems to leak oil and coolant. The fuel pump is also making noise now.

The regulations of council arevery similar to scca, but I can't find there web page with all of the classifications.

SSmike1
11-08-2004, 09:32 AM
so,
you have a MC road racing license.

is that a W2W Competition License?
:thumbsup

so you have a Novice Comp. License?

r u going to W2W race next year in MC?

we have 2 dates to race at the Milwaukee Mile in 2005!!!!!!!
:wooo