PDA

View Full Version : Any Halo fans?

Yooformula
10-25-2004, 11:28 PM
I almost gave up hope for 2 but I saw an actual commercial today. Release date of Nov 9th.. I can finally stop watching the previd thats like 9 months old now.. :banana

MoreTorque
10-25-2004, 11:33 PM
I may be somewhat interested now that they make a Keyboard and Mouse for Xbox. First person shooter games with a controller = retarded

Doom 3 is a badass game on the PC and Half-Life 2 will be out soon as well. It looks like a winter of PC gaming for me.

SlowStee
10-26-2004, 12:23 AM
First person shooter games with a controller = retarded

i swear you are the only person who agrees with me on that...I think 1st person shooters are TERRIBLE with ps2

Al
10-26-2004, 12:30 AM
Thew mouse is the best aiming tool!

Anakonda69
10-26-2004, 12:44 AM
i like first persons on controllers...ps2 is kinda rough at first but then its not so bad and they now make a seperate comtroller just for games like that....and x-box controllers r good for shooting games so i don't mind it and i know kevin has had his halo 2 reserved since u were able to reserve it so guess i'll be playing it enough...lol

PonyKiller87
10-26-2004, 08:12 AM
Im a huge halo fan. While on active duty we would get LAN games going with 4 xbox's on 4 tvs for a total of 16 people playing capture the flag and stuff. Awesome stuff. Since Im off active now we decided to have a big ass party for Halo 2. If anyones interested its Nov 12-14 in the dells, its gonna be a blast.

How is the keyboard beter for first person shooter? I dont see how you could control as many functions all at the same time like you can with a controler. And other things like picking people off with a sniper rifle while they are running, I dont see keyboard control as being nearly smooth enough for that. xbox controlers are alot better designed than ps2. They are designed more to use the analog sticks than the ps2 is.

SMS 1
10-26-2004, 08:53 AM
Don't know about Halo but I agree with the mouse thing. UT sucked ass without a mouse. Of course I still sucked at it on the PC but at least it was fun with a mouse.

93RedDevilZ28
10-26-2004, 11:11 AM
I may be somewhat interested now that they make a Keyboard and Mouse for Xbox. First person shooter games with a controller = retarded

Doom 3 is a badass game on the PC and Half-Life 2 will be out soon as well. It looks like a winter of PC gaming for me.
Hell yeah! HL2 is gonna rock. Already pre-ordered my copy. CS: Source comes packaged with it, right?

animal
10-26-2004, 11:13 AM
I'm actually looking forward to grand theft auto: san andreas. Just a few more days I believe.

theavenger333
10-26-2004, 03:26 PM
absolutly enourmous fan of Halo. used to play multiplayer games with buddies all the time, one guy had 2 bigscreen tvs, we would link between, then go online. my eyes used to burn for days it seemed. when halo 2 comes out i don't think i will leave the basement for a week or so. as for gaming, i like that all the buttons are right there on the controller, not on the keyboard, but the mouse it definatly a better tool for aiming. i like both, both have their ups and downs

MoreTorque
10-26-2004, 03:34 PM
How is the keyboard beter for first person shooter? I dont see how you could control as many functions all at the same time like you can with a controler. And other things like picking people off with a sniper rifle while they are running, I dont see keyboard control as being nearly smooth enough for that. xbox controlers are alot better designed than ps2. They are designed more to use the analog sticks than the ps2 is.

The keyboard does not control much movement besides direction and strafe. The mouse is the steering and aiming tool. It ends up being MUCH quicker and much more accurate.

My Xbox will be off for a long time.

Crazy Z28
10-26-2004, 03:45 PM
I'm actually looking forward to grand theft auto: san andreas. Just a few more days I believe.

I got my copy last night and it is friggin sweet! There are so many new things you can do like have two sawed-off shotguns at the same time and stuff. I stayed up til 5 in the morning playing it. I already figured out a couple of cheats too, but am trying not to use them the first time through. :kennygun:

BadAzzGTA89
10-26-2004, 04:24 PM
Awsome game can't wait to get it i seen it on the show screen savers!!
I think i will be getting stock in nodoz and beer for when i get it :goof

Yooformula
10-26-2004, 10:28 PM
I played H1 nonstop after work until I beat it. I must have gone a day or two at a time without sleep because I was too busy playing it. My wife HATED me for those couple of weeks and she is not looking forward to this game especially since I no longer have my own game room and will need to use the main tv room. :goof

MoreTorque
10-26-2004, 11:14 PM
Hell yeah! HL2 is gonna rock. Already pre-ordered my copy. CS: Source comes packaged with it, right?

http://store.vugames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=645921

The soruce comes with the SE... not sure about the standard tho.

Bad-TSi
10-27-2004, 08:52 PM
absolutly enourmous fan of Halo. used to play multiplayer games with buddies all the time, one guy had 2 bigscreen tvs, we would link between, then go online. my eyes used to burn for days it seemed. when halo 2 comes out i don't think i will leave the basement for a week or so. as for gaming, i like that all the buttons are right there on the controller, not on the keyboard, but the mouse it definatly a better tool for aiming. i like both, both have their ups and downs
As soon as you get that game I'm gonna kick your ass.

theavenger333
10-28-2004, 02:35 AM
so i only get to use one hand to play? cause i usually beat 3 of you....