PDA

View Full Version : What's this? No lightning?

Prince Valiant
10-25-2004, 04:47 PM
Autoweek story....No 05 ligthning? (http://autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101065)

Ford has pulled the plug on the next-generation F-150 Lightning SVT pickup truck, instead putting all SVT's eggs into one basket - the SVT Cobra Mustang, due in 2006 as an '07 model.

JC70SS
10-25-2004, 05:07 PM
You know what that means.....big hp #s. Tom you may want to add a turbo to that car of yours!

Rocket Power
10-25-2004, 09:02 PM
THAT SUCKS!!!
I could see killing the SVT Focus, I thought it was kinda lame. But the Lightning and Cobra are cool.

Al
10-25-2004, 09:32 PM
I bet ford could cut its costs if it allowed some hobbyists an opportunity to have a project budget that was a fraction of the original production cost and have fun.

animal
10-26-2004, 10:33 AM
There are a few numbers I have where you guys can send faxes, etc. There is a MAJOR movement going on right now since this was a bean counter decision and NO ONE in the svt division was related to this decision. From what I understand, their fax machine is just running non stop.

It's a chevy board, so I know probably no one will take the time to actually fax something, but in case there's still some ford people here that want to help....

Here is a compilation of contact information to express your feelings:

SVT fax:

SVT address:
Ford SVT
P.O. Box 490
Dearborn, MI 48121

John Coletti's (Director SVT Programs) email is: jcoletti@ford.com

Tom Scarpello's (SVT Marketing & Sales Mgr) email is : tscarpel@ford.com

Scott McKelvey's (Sport Truck Program Manager) email is: smckelve@ford.com

SVTOA member services at:
866-377-8862
memberservices@svtoa.com

Customer Relations:
Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center
P.O.Box 6248
Dearborn, Michigan 48126
1-800-392-3673(FORD)
TDD for the hearing impaired:1-800-232-5952
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST
Saturday 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM EST

THIS IS NOT A DRILL PEOPLE, MAKE THOSE CALLS AND SEND THOSE FAXES AND EMAILS!!!

Silver350
10-26-2004, 10:48 AM
Thats stupid. I know so many people were waiting for that truck to come out. Now it leaves those darn mopar's to have an advantage in 05 truck scene.

animal
10-26-2004, 11:06 AM
I dunno if it's an advantage tho at this point, probably 98% of those guys can't drive those things well enough to beat stock lightnings anyways, and you can still get a new 04 lightning for under 26k if you look around. I think we got another year in us ;)

Plus, the new supercab version will only hurt their 1/4 mile.

BAD LS1
10-26-2004, 11:32 AM
Thats stupid. I know so many people were waiting for that truck to come out. Now it leaves those darn mopar's to have an advantage in 05 truck scene.

For 45K ill buy me a new loaded up 05' crew cab Duramax 2500HD and mod it and have it be faster than the comparibly priced SRT10 and it will at least be 4x4 and can a tow a house off the foundation and around the block:rolf

Prince Valiant
10-26-2004, 12:01 PM
For 45K ill buy me a new loaded up 05' crew cab Duramax 2500HD and mod it and have it be faster than the comparibly priced SRT10 and it will at least be 4x4 and can a tow a house off the foundation and around the block:rolf Don't you first need a house to tow ? :nutkick

For me, it's disappointing though that there will be no lightning. Why? Well, no competition....part of the reason that mopar (and maybe someday, GM) got into the market was to offer an alternative to the L's, so without the L's around, there will be far less incentive to continue the SRT trucks. For now, yes...they are expanding the line to include a quad cab, automatic version with an actual tow rating to go along with the reg cab/six speeds, but for how long? Which, if either survives?

But I've always like the L's for what they were...affordable, fast trucks with easy modability.

BAD LS1
10-26-2004, 12:31 PM
Yeah i agree the L's are my fav of any of the SVT products, i dont have a bunch of nice things to say about the rest of the line but this is one ford product i would think about buying.

Now that the L will be axed GM will now probably proceed to make the SS something more competitive as they are with the Cobalt SS now that SRT4 is no longer for 05'

That 500HP concept L would have been kick ass if that would have made it to production. Minus the 04+ body style :puke

Prince Valiant
10-26-2004, 01:13 PM
SRT4 is no longer for 05'
SRT-4 will be around in '05...no major changes (such as the case with the 04's with more HP), instead it will be available in a new color, orange blast.

whomever your source was for that was wrong.

BAD LS1
10-26-2004, 02:04 PM
SRT-4 will be around in '05...no major changes (such as the case with the 04's with more HP), instead it will be available in a new color, orange blast.

whomever your source was for that was wrong.

Yeah whereever i heard that, said the entire Neon line was done and being replaced by something else...

I think it was even on this board i read that :confused

GRNDNL
10-26-2004, 02:52 PM
Yeah whereever i heard that, said the entire Neon line was done and being replaced by something else...

I think it was even on this board i read that :confused

I think you heard it from John Kerry, he said its all Bush's fault...... :goof

That does suck, seems that all the fun stuff is getting canceled...... :rolleyes:

NoJoke83
10-26-2004, 02:55 PM
ive had a couple lightings myself and never really thought i would like them until i got one....I want another one.....interesting though, my buddy just bought one of those dodge srt (or whatever) trucks .....if you just launch it regularly off the line my other buddies 03 L beats it, but we tried getting the r's up by burning the tires off the line and it absolutely demolishes the L......they dont offer gears for that rearend yet but when they do those dodges are going to be quite a bit quicker than people thought.......I would still take an L over the dodge hands down any day.

BadAzzGTA89
10-26-2004, 04:09 PM
I think ford ran away with there tail between there legs on this one!!
Because dodge came out with the srt10 they were like damm now what lets get rid of the L's so we don't look stupid when we fubar the new L up for 05.
Just saying this because of what they did to the SHO!Ford had the yamaha in they early SHO's and fubared it up when the new body with the v8 came out !Just my 2 cents!!Ford needs to keep what works :thumbsup Umm when fords do work :rolf

Rocket Power
10-26-2004, 09:49 PM
if you just launch it regularly off the line my other buddies 03 L beats it, but we tried getting the r's up by burning the tires off the line and it absolutely demolishes the L......
But those newer Dodge pickups are UGLY :puke

Prince Valiant
10-26-2004, 10:03 PM
ive had a couple lightings myself and never really thought i would like them until i got one....I want another one.....interesting though, my buddy just bought one of those dodge srt (or whatever) trucks .....if you just launch it regularly off the line my other buddies 03 L beats it, but we tried getting the r's up by burning the tires off the line and it absolutely demolishes the L......they dont offer gears for that rearend yet but when they do those dodges are going to be quite a bit quicker than people thought.......I would still take an L over the dodge hands down any day.
? They should...it's a dana sourced rear. Whether it is a dana 60 or 70, there should be plenty in the way of aftermarket gears for the thing....

Red97GTP
10-27-2004, 11:49 AM
Ummm, my brother and I saw one just inside Illinios on Saturday on the way to Freight Fest...

Brian

Bad-TSi
10-27-2004, 09:16 PM
That sucks. Ohh well, at least now if you wanna fast truck, you can go to Dodge and only have to spend 55 grand! I wonder how long that thing will hang around.

SlowStee
10-28-2004, 10:54 PM
that sucks, I really like Lightnings