PDA

View Full Version : Only another 12hours to go . . .

SMS 1
10-24-2004, 11:05 PM
Well guys in case anyone was wondering I have officially jumped ship to third shift. Had my first week of training last week on 1st and start 3rd Monday night at 10:00pm. I managed to stay up until 8am Sunday morn (unfortunately I fell asleep from about 11:30-3:30 Saturday night :crying ) and could only sleep until 2pm today. So now I need to stay up until at least 10am Monday before I will be tired enough to sleep until 5 or 6pm Monday night which I figure will be the norm for me from now on. This already REALLY sucks. All I want to do is go to bed! I'm so damn tired already and I still have almost 12 more hours to go!!! WTF? Where is Scales and 88 Camaro when you need'em for some Sunday late night post whoring?!?!?!? [/whining]

Oh well, what can I say I'm bored as hell.

Rocket Power
10-24-2004, 11:31 PM
I feel for you. I hated 3rd when I worked it. I never wanted to go to bed because there was always something to do, so I was always tired. I was a security guard by myself guarding an empty building then so you can imagine how fun THAT was :goof

Hopefully you can adjust relatively quickly.

Cryptic
10-24-2004, 11:42 PM
3rd is rough. Hardest part is people around you not allowing you to sleep when your supposed to be. Gotta be disciplined or it starts catching up on you.

Al
10-25-2004, 12:01 AM
I made the third shift mistake twice.

SMS 1
10-25-2004, 01:09 AM
Ya I really didn't want to do it but really I had no logical choice but to do it. I'm really hoping it doesn't last long but I have no idea how soon I might get promoted or a 1st shift slot might open up. At least BCM isn't closed tonight so I still have something to do :coffee

ponyride00
10-25-2004, 02:02 AM
Ive been on third shift on and off now for three years. The worst part is Sunday nights. If you can get passed Sunday its cake if you can get a routine down. This morning(Monday) Ill go home at 7:00 and be in bed by 7:30. You have to think about it like this, 1st shifters sleep when we work and we sleep when they are at work. If you can get up at 3:00 or 3:30 1st and 3rd are pretty much the same thing. Good luck and hang in there it will get easier.

SMS 1
10-25-2004, 02:10 AM
Ya I'm kinda thinkin I'll do the split sleep schedule (or at least try) So I'd come home from work at about 7am stay up until 10 or 11 am then sleep until 5 or 6 when my wife gets home and be back at work by 10pm. If I can't make that work I will NEVER get to see her. Thats what pisses me off the most about this especially now that she is pregnant :crying

Oh well It;ll have'ta work one way or another :rolleyes:

whitehatch
10-25-2004, 02:19 AM
i work second shift right now and would much rather work third i wake up at like noon usually and work from 3 till usually 12:30-1 am and go to bed at 3 or 4 the only people i ever see are my coworkers during the week, i only see the family i live with 1 maybe 2 days out of the week, it sucks, but i make good money so that sort of makes it worth it.

Marc

Cjburn
10-25-2004, 07:12 PM
When I worked 2nd shift, I much rather have worked 3rd or 1st. 2nd is my least favorite, but all the old timers loved it. They like to get their work done before the 2pm start time, and went to bed when they got off. That was a while ago, so I just went out after work and slept it off before I went to work.